Intra-Team Pitboss Planning Thread #1

I think Saladin's more your style, obs :p

I'd probably rather have two standard map games than one huge map game; it'll also mimic the conditions of the MTDG more closely.

I'd much rather have a huge map - the more the merrier, and it's a great way to get to know each other! :)

Nobody seems to mention, but is this game will be friendly like the one on the main page or it will be competitive?
Since if it is going to be friendly, we can I guess go with random map, since DMOC's saying something about someone balancing the map.
Maybe we could kick off this weekend?

Frankly I'm not too worried about balancing, map size, number of games running or stuff like that...sooner the game starts the better.

I'm for one big game... building team spirit and all. My laptop might die... Then again, by the time we get to a late game, I'd hope to have a new one. :D

Are we doing unrestricted leaders for this?

this game will be friendly like the one on the main page or it will be competitive?
Seriously?! :mischief: We'll all be good friends, ofc.

1. DMOC (Tech trading OFF)
2. Aline (Tech trading ON)
3. bobbyboy29 (Tech trading OFF)
4. ahmedhadzi (Tech trading ON)
5. Niklas (Tech trading ON)
6. Chimera1804 (Tech trading ON)
7. v8_mark (Tech Trading OFF)
8. Ischenous
9. Uncle Cheesedog
10. obsolete (via PM)
11. javidbing
12. babyblyepants (Tech Trading OFF)
13. Sweetacshon
14. Nakor (Tech Trading OFF)
15. Ceiliazul (Tech Trading ON)

Bobroberts - anyone willing to partner with him?

Total tally:

5 for TT off
5 for TT On

:rolleyes:

Anyone want to tie-break? :lol:

--------------

And about your comment on the map - the reason why I suggested we have someone balance it is not for competitive purposes, but to help out the player that starts in an ice-cold island by himself, isolated, meaning that the game simply isn't fun for him.

There is an option in the map creator that lets me dial back the amount of tundra/ice, but it's still not perfect.

We'll discuss map settings, etc. in the second planning thread, which I'll post soon.

Nobody seems to mention, but is this game will be friendly like the one on the main page or it will be competitive?

Umm yeh, since we're teammates here I sincerely doubt that anyone is going to go for a warrior rush or something because that would probably cause you more long term pain in that whoever you target (and probably the rest of the team) will be severly annoyed (furious even, depending on religion ;)) at you for a long time.

I would suggest that this game be a bit more of a learning game where people aren't too afraid to help their rivals out (especially the more inexperienced team members), the focus shouldn't be about winning the game, but more about seeing what works and what doesn't in terms of techpaths etc. Not to say there shouldn't be war, that too is an intrinsic part of the game, just that we should aim to be as constructive as possible and not war just for the sake of war...

And about your comment on the map - the reason why I suggested we have someone balance it is not for competitive purposes, but to help out the player that starts in an ice-cold island by himself, isolated, meaning that the game simply isn't fun for him.

Then maybe you could make a map and just go into WB and change if necessary starting points, I think no one would mind that (unless you add some gold to your start:crazyeye:).

We could pick a trustworthy member of a different team to check our map. They gain nothing by nerfing the map, and if they make it REALLY good, maybe we'll be too involved in our intra-team game and get distracted from killing them in the big game...

It would take no time at all.

I'm sure I could get someone to check our map for us, I have plenty of contacts with lots of experience in that kind of thing.

I'm sure I could get someone to check our map for us, I have plenty of contacts with lots of experience in that kind of thing.

There you go! We could then discuss settings maybe by the end of the week and see if we can start by Wednesday or so. I think that is reasonable amount of time.

I'm just playing the current BOTM, and IDK if I want you involved in this in any capacity. :D

I never said I would do it myself, did I? :mischief:

Hi BobRoberts, you can join me, or I'll join you.
Let's have the two oldies in the same team...

You beat me to it! I was going to say that a team would be perfect for me considering my current time restrictions. Anyone else want a team-mate?

Sweetacshon & babybluepants
Nakor & BobRoberts
DMOC
Ahmedhadzi
Niklas
Bobbyboy29
Chimera1804
v8_mark
Ischenous
Uncle Cheesedog
Obsolete
Javidbing