Intra-Team Pitboss Planning Thread #2

DMOC

Mathematician
**SEE POST 47 for leader lists*

Hello, everyone. :)

In the last thread, we basically had an introduction by me, a brief game settings discussion, and a sign-up list.

As of now, the list looks like this:

1. DMOC
2. Aline
3. bobbyboy29
4. ahmedhadzi
5. Niklas
6. Chimera1804
7. v8_mark
8. Ischenous
9. Uncle Cheesedog
10. obsolete
11. javidbing
12. babybluepants
13. Sweetacshon
14. Nakor
15. Ceiliazul

A roster of 15+ players pretty much dictates a huge world map, so make sure your computer can handle a map that size. :)

EDIT: Sweetacshon and babybluepants are on a team together, so 14 teams total.

EDIT: NukeAJS added to the game

---------------

Now we have to discuss the map. I suggested a custom-made map, but that would probably delay the start of the game for a week. So an alternative would be to use the "Full_of_Resources" map scrpit which has a TON of options :)crazyeye:) and, most importantly, lets me practically eliminate snow/ice from the map, so players starting at the poles aren't automatically screwed. What do you guys think? I can post some test trials of this map script, or others can do the same as well. :)

---------------

As far as picking leaders go, since this is a fun game, I propose that we allow unrestricted and duplicate leaders/civilizations. :) That way, players who sign in later (there could be more - there's 3 spots left!) don't get hurt by the "first come, first serve" format of leader selecting.

If there's a general consensus on that, then we can start picking leaders/civilization combos in this thread. However, I'd hold off until we do get the consensus.

That all sounds good to me.

EDIT:
DMOC said:
What do you guys think? I can post some test trials of this map script
That would be great. I'm not familiar with it. :)

have duplicate leaders on for reasons you stated

restricted/unrestricted should be based on what is most likely to be the vote outcome in the main vote from all teams

Also would like to see some trials of map script because I'm new to it like bbp.

No need to make this map overly even just make sure that no starts are outrageously under or overpowered. We don't even have to meet everyone pre optics (Though preferably no one would be isolated). And a big no to full of resources. We want the game to be at least comparable to the real one.

Posting test results would be good...

As for civ (if it's at that point) just put me down as random, and as if I'm playing restricted leaders (so I don't end up with some horrible combo...).

And how about everyone go random (restricted on not restricted it doesn't matter), that way this would be the best learning experience since everyone would need to deal with what they get. This is just an idea of course...

I never played anything harder then Noble, just have mercy. ^^

I was just about to say what's already been said here - with 15 players, let's all go random instead, and no duplicates. That way we don't end up with the boring situations like 5 Darius and 4 Willem that I've seen in some other games. :cringe:

I'll agree to go random. I have no idea who to pick anyway.

Don't worry Aline, I've only started to beat Noble recently.

Definitely restricted...otherwise we could get aggressive praets on one hand, and on the other some horrible combination (like germany with...say...tokugawa as a leader...completely useless until the moderns)

random unrestricted... I'll be playing friend-like, probably share my start and random details.

I hope all other settings are same as main game. Huts, vassal, events OFF; barbs normal; difficulty... whatever. :)

I personally don't really care whether we go restricted or unrestricted. Random unrestricted has its charm, but it's no fun if some players don't find any appreciation in being dealt an ostensibly "lousy hand". Me I'd see it as a challenge, but less experienced players might lose interest. Thus my actual vote is restricted.

Top Bottom