Intra-Team Pitboss Planning Thread #2

I have NO school next week ... :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Lucky...my physics carries on straight through...:mad:

Sooner the better for the pitboss...let's do this!

...I think it's running as a single player right now...;)

We have to wait until I figure out how to get the pitboss IP address so people can login and claim leaders.

Great. It timed out. Have to figure out how to get it back up...I wish there was some kind of FAQ for this. :mad:

Edit: I now asked a 4th person AND posted in the official CivStats thread about how to get these pitbosses started up. Let's hope someone helps. :lol:

Yes, this is a test pitboss.

I figured out how to get my IP from http://www.whatismyip.com/ but naturally when I tried to connect it wouldn't work.

:rolleyes:

I've now gotten a long response from Sommersword about how this whole thing works. Trust me I'm trying my best to get the game connected. I'm stunned as to why there isn't some kind of guide for this.

If you're still having trouble getting your ip you can just ask any mod on the this site and they should be able to tell you your ip using the ModCP for vBulletin

I have my computer IP (by using whatismyip.com) but when I use that, it's not connecting.

It's probably because I use a router. Sommerswerd told me that I have to open some ports ... which naturally I have no idea how to do despite having a step-by-step guide online that I can't follow because it tells me to cut+paste the IP address in my address bar at the top of internet explorer as the first step (which doesn't work). This is frustrating. :lol: I'll still try and figure out this hosting issue but does anyone know of a willing host? I know they are at a premium.

That all sounds well and good, so... how about sharing the details with us as well, so we can test the connection? :)

Top Bottom