Ragnar Diplomacy

obsolete

Deity
I really don't like the way things are going. Anyhow, finally I got a pvm response, still nothing in our official e-mail though.

Originally Posted by obsolete
We made contact close to 24 hours ago. Thought I'd send you guys another notice to check things before waiting until the last minute ;P

Good luck.... your friends, the Mavericks.
Hi,

Without meaning to be rude, I have no idea what you're on about. We've had no email to our team email and other than one PM with you telling me I should send you an email, quite why I should have to do this is another matter entirely, I don't see what pressing need to check anything. In fact I am entirely unsure what I'm supposed to be checking.

Meanwhile akots has shown us the PM's to him informing us of your email address, questioning our 'response', we've had nothing to respond to. Our email is team.cdz@gmail.com, most of our team members rarely check cfc so it is pointless messaging them here.

Regards
BCLG

All I can say is..... is this a rediculous excuse for the stone-walling... or is the leader of Ragnar a complete idiot?

I sent the below, whats the betting we get no response?

Greetings Team cdz,

We extend the hand of friendship to you, we have been most keen to meet your team.

It seems from the tech screen you have made friends and allies already, this saddens us greatly as we had high hopes of trading with you - is there any way in which we can cooperate for the benefit of both our nations?

We are curious as to why you chose to to ally with a close neighbour, surely this will lead to Geo-Political tensions? We note from previous games some of your "friends" trustworthiness is highly questionable, we hope they will not abuse you for research purposes then liberate your lands.

The Mavericks would request an open borders with you, we made an in game offer but it seems this was overlooked, if we offer again will you accept?

Our mighty diplomats eagerly await a response, they are chomping at the bit to construct a long lasting a mutually beneficial treaty.

Your Friend

Churchill Maverick

OK so their message basically says: "we just met you, and already we have absolutely nothing to say to you. We're also offended that you would think otherwise." I think its pretty clear that we're not going to get anything from this team...

This is what I got:

Robi D said:
ahmedhadzi said:
OK. Now that we met ingame, any options for a small chit chat? Are you guys interested in any trades with us?

I can only chat about things so much since there are limits to what i can share and unfortunately in the current game situation no trades are possible

At this point, I'm asking you guys how much and what I can disclose to him?

How about we send a bunch of bullsh*t about how carthage want's to only trade with us if we help her later DoW on Ragnar. :p

How about we send a bunch of bullsh*t about how carthage want's to only trade with us if we help her later DoW on Ragnar. :p

Can we even trade anything to Carthage besides open borders (which we already have iirc)? If not, this bluff is easily called out and will backfire like the last one. I don't like the BS idea.

Send another message to Ragnar. Tell them we have 2 religions and are about to get a third. The longer they avoid open borders, the longer they delay getting important religions auto-spread to them.

Think that will work?

Greetings Churchill,

It's nice to finally meet your Maverick nation. We unfortunately can not open our borders at this stage due to other commitments.

But as a sign of goodwill we have sent a shipment of spam to sustain your hardy explorers.

Regards
Robi, Team CDZ

Ah well, DOW if you need get through their lands.

Well, they will sink our workboat down south... mmm.. guess we should turn it back soon.

Why did they call us Churchill?

I offered them one of our religions, and no answer so far.

You know i find it quite interesting, I mean I can understand them aligning with other teams against us and thats fine, but what i don't get is why they would bother being deliberately hostile? I mean the other teams at least feign friendliness (to a degree) which is fair enough because that serves a purpose. But why on earth are they essentially deliberately antagonising us from the word go?

I can think of only 1 possible strategic reason and that is to get us pissed off at them so they get all our attention (and possibly spy points) whilst amazon and quatro plot against us.

Otherwise all that is left is:
1) They're bastards, they think they've got the game wrapped up and don't care what we think of them so they figure they might as well antagonise us.
2) They're roleplaying, being an aggressive civ they feel like they have to push Gandhi around.

Does anyone else find this as strange as i do, especially given the flowery tone that EVERYONE else (including us) aside from this team is using?

TBH, I think we had a reasonable chance at joining the alliance early on. We just didn't offer enough in our initial exchanges. That's why Q and A were friendlier at the time. I think it's just gone into straight hostility by this point. Ragnar's job would be to DOW and sink our WB in a few turns anyway, since it's not in the alliance's interest to let us meet Pacal. Don't really see much of a point in them feigning friendliness.

Ok, I just got email from Robi D, he said that they are interested in us sending the religion to them. But he wants official proposal to their team email. We shoud act on this ASAP!!! Mike, can you put something together and send them the email, tonight or tomorrow latest. I'm not close to computer right now!

As a sign of good faith we'd want open borders now, mostly so we can get the work boat through to Pacal (which of course we don't mention to them). I think that's an absolute must if we're going to gift them a religion (nevermind the fact it absolutely has to happen in order for us to gift the missionary). Then for transporting the missionary to them - 1) we'd have to build it somewhere, then 2) transport it to them via galley which may be difficult - I haven't seen the game so I have no idea where our galley(s) are. I also have no idea what we should ask for in return - is a tech too much? Gold? In any event I'm definitely in the boat that needs to jump on this opportunity - getting an 'in' like this was unexpected and could also be an indicator of where the other teams are at with regards to getting their own religion (namely theocracy). If Ragnar wants one from us, it's possible either 1) Stonehenge builders (Q? I forget...) have worked out a deal with another team (Cyrus?) to send the missionary from bulbing theo to them or 2) none of the trio are close to nabbing a religion which makes the ones we have even more valuable. In any event Ragnar is clearly out of the loop for a religion which strikes me as odd - you'd think something would have been worked out by now between the three to get at least one religion spread between them for happiness/AP reasons.

I think it's quite possible that sooner or later someone will fall out short from that 4 team triangle, so to speak. Maybe we should offer this deal to all civs with no religion?

sounds great, i would propose the following (ingore that some of it might be "not so striktly true). what we want is open borders NOW, rest we will see in 5-8 turns;):

we appreciate our proposal. please keep the following striktly confidential:

we are about to bulb theo within the next 5-8 turns, depending to our MM on great persons.

we can send you the missionary from this religion via the land route protected by 1-2 charriots or via a galley-trireme combination.

1. if you are willing to sign an open border treaty now and a non agression pact with us for the next 30 turns, we agree in sending you a missionary that will reach your land within the next 15-20 turns (might be earlier, depending where the religion will get founded).

2. if you actively spread the religion in our land, we can also agree on the following:
if we build a shrine for this religion, we will reward your effords with 50% of the gold we get.

besides this, another agreement might be handy for both our nations:
3. bulbing theo is a good possibility for us, to get the appo-palace. we have kept "some" forests near one of our cities exactly for this purpose.:)

4. if we can find a way of signing a long term cooperation, we can make our shared religion the appo-religion, thus both of us get the profit from all religious buildings.

5. we also would be willing to share theology with you, if you might be able to offer us something interesting for it.

simply let us know what of the above mentioned points are intersting for you...

Dear Team Ragnar,

Please keep the follow information confidential.

We are about to bulb Theology within 5 to 8 turns. Upon doing that, we can send you the missionary from this religion via the land route protected by 1-2 charriots or via a galley-trireme combination.

Furthermore, we have some other proposals that may interest you:

1. If you are willing to sign an open border treaty now and a non agression pact with us for the next 30 turns (date effective when you respond), we will agree in sending you a missionary that will reach your land within the next 15-20 turns (might be earlier, depending where the religion will get founded).

2. If you actively spread the religion in our land, we can also agree on the following:
if we build a shrine for this religion, we will reward your effords with 50% of the gold we get (by means of gold-per-turn trades).

Besides this, another agreement that might be handy for both our nations:

3. Bulbing Theology is a good possibility for us, to get the Apostolic Palace. We have kept "some" forests near one of our cities exactly for this purpose.

4. If our civilizations can unite and ally, we will make it so that the official religion of the Apostolic Palace is our religion, thus giving us benefits while building religious structures.

5. We would also be willing to share Theology with you, if you might be able to offer us something interesting for it.

Please let us know which of the above points would interest you.

Best Regards,
Team Mavericks

Maybe you should add that the proposal for religion spread came unofficially in converataion between two players. That way they can't play dumb and ask where did this cam from now. Add that and send it asap please.

Top Bottom