Copasetic UI Tweaks

thanks for your work so far... love the culture growth bar on cityname thing, is it possible to add a number value in purple next to it to say how many turns as well to match how construction and growth look?

This is good, something that needs fixing and if I can suggest something to work on:

Diplomatic screen and trade. We can see what they can sell us but not the other way around.
I'm allready growing weary of checking in person with every leader what resources they are lacking.

I've also attached a second .zip file with modified FrontEnd.lua, MainMenu.lua and MainMenu.xml files that will disable both legal screens (the one at game startup and the one when entering the mods menu). Make a backup of these files then extract the .zip into your Assets/UI/FrontEnd folder and overwrite. **Not tested with multiplayer**

Just a note: you can place these in Assets/UI and they'll override the files without having to replace them. :)

Might be worthwhile to mention the availability of these changes in the Change Log section, as a separate part adjacent to the mod log. I looked at the post several times and never even noticed the inclusion of these independently from the mod, somehow overlooking it until someone pointed straight to it. I think the two screenshots made my eyes think the attachments were those screenshots.

Might be worthwhile to mention the availability of these changes in the Change Log section, as a separate part adjacent to the mod log.
Yeah I'll do that. Originally I'd planned to include them in the mod, but it seems the game doesn't allow mods to change the main menus (they're deactivated at this stage).

prideaux said:
is it possible to add a number value in purple next to it to say how many turns as well to match how construction and growth look?
That was the plan originally, but it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped. It'll probably be in a future update though.
Litcube said:
How tough would it be to add the Enter key to the "CHOOSE NEW RESEARCH PROJECT" or "CHOOSE NEW CONSTRUCTION PROJECT" buttons? I always thought the Enter key to end a turn is totally usesless if you always have to click those buttons anyway.
Shouldn't be hard, I'll look into it for the next release :)

Also the whole trade system is in dire need of a looking at, I'll do my best heh

Don't have a whole lot of time atm, but expect another update with more features early next week.

Originally Posted by prideaux
is it possible to add a number value in purple next to it to say how many turns as well to match how construction and growth look?
That was the plan originally, but it wasn't as easy as I'd hoped. It'll probably be in a future update though.

aint that the truth, brother
i've been trying all weekend to get it in there myself and it is no easy task.
granted i have maybe 10% of the necessary knowledge to be successful, but can't learn if i don't try. i prefer the "take it apart and put it back together" method :lol:

i prefer the "take it apart and put it back together" method :lol:
Well when there's no documentation at all that's pretty much all you can do :cry:

Just had an idea though, try putting the label for the number of turns in the <box> block associated with the food meter instead. Just use Anchor="R,T" to place it at the right, top of the box, above the turns left until city grows number.

Sadly I'm getting pretty busy with other projects now, so rather than string everyone along I'll just hope that somebody takes what I've done so far and builds on it for their own mod :)

The latest patch appears to add a feature where puppet cities can be viewed. At least I THINK this is in the patch... though it's not documented. With this mod active, attempting to click a puppet state always goes to the city screen, so it's not possible to annex a puppet.

The latest patch appears to add a feature where puppet cities can be viewed. At least I THINK this is in the patch... though it's not documented. With this mod active, attempting to click a puppet state always goes to the city screen, so it's not possible to annex a puppet.

Confirmed, I get the same result from this mod. I sure hope that the mod gets fixed and Cope is not too busy. ;)

same problem here

WARNING RE the FrontEnd.zip file attached to the OP: Something to be aware of: Patch .621 add in the "1" at the end of the version number via code in the vanilla version MainMenu.lua. If you've replaced the file with the one from this zip, your version will *appear* to still be (or revert to) .62!

Also, I found the FrontEnd.zip mod a bit of a pain to implement. I initially plugged the files into my private mod - I don't like whacking stuff in the Assets file. I was puzzled when I couldn't get any of it to work. Then I realized that any front end UI mods like these MUST replace the original files in Assets, because your mods aren't loaded yet at that point. Seems obvious now, but it took me a while to figure it out.

Question: Where would one find this "your Assets/UI/ folder" to avoid having to replace files in the original Assets? I can't find this - do you have to create this directory tree yourself? I assume this would be in the "My Games / Civ 5" folder ?

WARNING RE the FrontEnd.zip file attached to the OP: Something to be aware of: Patch .621 add in the "1" at the end of the version number via code in the vanilla version MainMenu.lua. If you've replaced the file with the one from this zip, your version will *appear* to still be (or revert to) .62!

Also, I found the FrontEnd.zip mod a bit of a pain to implement. I initially plugged the files into my private mod - I don't like whacking stuff in the Assets file. I was puzzled when I couldn't get any of it to work. Then I realized that any front end UI mods like these MUST replace the original files in Assets, because your mods aren't loaded yet at that point. Seems obvious now, but it took me a while to figure it out.

Question: Where would one find this "your Assets/UI/ folder" to avoid having to replace files in the original Assets? I can't find this - do you have to create this directory tree yourself? I assume this would be in the "My Games / Civ 5" folder ?

Good questions:
  1. Is there a way to fix the "version bug" (and/or is just visual)
  2. Is there a way of not overwriting game core files?

\Skodkim

Hi, any chance you could add the ability to edit unit names (anytime, not just when promotion available)? Seems like a simple thing and I tried messing about with the code to make the edit button always visible but couldn't get it working.
Thanks

Good questions:
[*]Is there a way to fix the "version bug" (and/or is just visual)

It's just visual, I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless they go to .622 or something like that next. That said, I hacked my modded version of MainMenu.lua as follows:

-- Perkus: 621 adds a "1" here!!!
Controls.VersionNumber:SetText(versionNumber .. tostring(1));
--Controls.VersionNumber:SetText(versionNumber);
-- Perkus: 621 adds a "1" here!!!

Hi, any chance you could add the ability to edit unit names (anytime, not just when promotion available)? Seems like a simple thing and I tried messing about with the code to make the edit button always visible but couldn't get it working.
Thanks

I'm not sure if this mod is still being actively maintained... But:

Ask and ye shall receive. Nobody to my knowledge has done this, so I wrote it up. Easy enough to do. It's on the browser as "Rename Units Anytime". Even credited you for the idea!

Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to do this without replacing UnitPanel.lua - my modfu isn't that strong, and I'm not even sure it's possible. If you run CCMAT or another UI mod that changes the unit panel, you'll have to either figure out how to merge this into it (it's easy), or wait until somebody adds it to a modpack.

Also attached it below.

Attachments

• Rename Units Anytime (v 1).civ5mod
    9.3 KB · Views: 100
Does anyone know how this can be fixed. Unfortunately this issue pretty much makes the mod unusable because if you conquer a city you must make a permanent decision on what to do with the city - you cannot later choose to annex or raze because this mod skips the popup which asks if you want to annex/raze and takes you directly to the city view.

If Cope's not back by the end of the week I might sit down and update this mod for compatibility with the latest patch... really miss these UI additions.

Does anyone know how this can be fixed. Unfortunately this issue pretty much makes the mod unusable because if you conquer a city you must make a permanent decision on what to do with the city - you cannot later choose to annex or raze because this mod skips the popup which asks if you want to annex/raze and takes you directly to the city view.

It looks like Cope removed some code from the original unmodded version of CityBannerManager.lua to allow puppet city viewing back before the patch added it as a feature. I changed it in my local copy of the mod and it seems to work fine.

Replace the first occurance of this line:
UI.DoSelectCityAtPlot( plot );

with this code:
Code:
-- Puppets are special
			if (plot:GetPlotCity():IsPuppet()) then
				local popupInfo = {
						Type = ButtonPopupTypes.BUTTONPOPUP_ANNEX_CITY,
						Data1 = plot:GetPlotCity():GetID(),
						Data2 = -1,
						Data3 = -1,
						Option1 = false,
						Option2 = false;
					}
				Events.SerialEventGameMessagePopup(popupInfo);
			else
				UI.DoSelectCityAtPlot( plot );
			end

Or just unzip the attached file into \Copasetic UI Tweaks (v 2)\Lua\City in your MODS folder.

Attachments

• CityBannerManager.zip
    8 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom