What do you like to call your religion?

Yeah, most ancient cultures didn't even have a name for their religion. For Egyptians it was just... being Egyptian. Organized religion spread through a lot of civs but when I choose Egypt I believe very firmly in a Festivus for the rest of us.

My first religion was Basic Decency. The next game I went with The Force. "Vatican City desires the tenets of The Force."

Most of the time I'm too lazy to name my religions, so I go with a random standard one, but I did have a few like Discordianism.
My favorite one so far was a game with many city states where I called my religion "Hugs".

My standard is Agnosticism, unless I'm playing as a civ that actually uses some of the named religions.

I called one GOK-DAR:
GOK = God Only Knows, the answer to any question about how the universe works
and
DAR = Die And Rot, which covers any question about the Life After Death.

Pretty much every game its "Cult of Cthulhu" and i use the 2nd or 3rd symbol that kinda looks like tentacles : D

Depending on the civ that I'm playing, sometimes if I'm playing the Dutch I pick the name 'Protestantism' if someone else has chosen Christianity already.
Picked 'Popol Vuh' once as the Maya, and regularly I change my religion's name to 'Atheism'.

Usually I don't customize the name of my religion (I usually go with Judaism, Shinto or Taoism), but I've had Pastafarianism, Discordianism etc., a few times.

I think I once named a religion Church of Lasers or something similar...

I renamed my Religion to Allied Atheist Alliance in the last game,
however, there is no civ ruled by sea otters

I picked the symbol that looked like a moon, and called it...moon.

I call my religion "atheism" so my population can feel intellectually superior.
If that's your population's reaction, I think they missed the point.

When Im Egypt, with a river, I often name my faith Nileism. Right?
Made me laugh. Clever one :D .

"Vatican City desires the tenets of The Force."
This made me lol!

My favorite one so far was a game with many city states where I called my religion "Hugs".
Arhhh. "Marrakesh wants hugs".

Craigism. Craigstianity. Cragaism.
Is your name Craig by any chance?

Botulism.
This one made me lol too! :D

Top Bottom