What do you like to call your religion?

Robert Fitzpatrick is someone you should check up on. He deserves a "funny religion" and i wouldn't know what to call it.

For those who follow the mayan prophecy, or our friend mentioned above, i would suggest something in reference to Cognitive Dissonance.

There is certainly a social force that has always existed which causes people to perpetuate apocalyptic stories that will happen in the future.

Depends on civilization I'm playing game with. I'm using "Mayonnaise" as Mayan religion and "Mozartism" as Austrian religion.

I've taken to naming my religions nouns so I get the city state message "Venice wants...." Punctuation helps too.

Venice wants Mike Hawk!!!!

I try to think of new names every time. I named my religion 'Bob Ross' once. Imagining the fanatical fervour of its missionaries and the ruthless persecution of infidels by its inquisitors made me smile. It turned out to be a highly successful religion. I think I had a high level of global happiness all through the game because of Bob Ross.

In my next game I think I will found 'Paint-by-numbers'. Let's see if its followers can be even more zaelous.

In the current game playing with The Maya, I spread The Apocalypse over the world.
The last game with The Inca, I used Pachamama
And in a game playing with the Dutch, I used The VOC Spirit (Dutch users would know what that means)

Other religions I used to spread over the world: The Plague, Damnation, DerkaDerka, Brown Streak and Juche (as Korea)

I always forget you can rename your religion. I usually go with the appropriate defaults. But sometimes those are taken (there are usually many christian nations in the game).

My last 2 games I have used random leader and got both native american civs (Aztecs and Iroquios). I really had no idea which religion to choose. So I chose Zoroastrianism since that seems like a pagan religion.

Pauletheisme. My cat's name is Paulette.
Loved the polyAtheism idea, got me thinking of what it would actually stand for, and I guess I like it.

This is a good thread. It inspires the mind and pushes forward the boundaries of imagination. I had a blast with my latest religion, founded by Ethiopia:

When the game finished all but the other holy cities where converted. Good job!

My next religion will be .. Disco! So who is going to be be the best leader for that?

Im having a lot of fun with my religion, "weed, man". "Cahokia wants weed, man".

Divine waterfall - sacred rivers and happiness from gardens.

Cult of Cthulhu - Anything with God of the Sea, using the confucian symbol because it looks like tentacles.

Top Bottom