Civ5 reboots my PC

saamohod

Deity
As the name says, Civilization 5 causes my computer to reboot randomly. I haven't noticed any pattern, my PC just reboots every now and then while playing this game.Sometimes it takes several hours of gaming before a sudden reset occurs, sometimes it resets after 20 min or so. I'm monitoring the temperature of CPU and GPU, and it doesn't grow above 60-65C. Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect the issue.
I've googled the problem, didn't come up with clear answer.
Please help.

As the name says, Civilization 5 causes my computer to reboot randomly. I haven't noticed any pattern, my PC just reboots every now and then while playing this game.Sometimes it takes several hours of gaming before a sudden reset occurs, sometimes it resets after 20 min or so. I'm monitoring the temperature of CPU and GPU, and it doesn't grow above 60-65C. Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to affect the issue.
I've googled the problem, didn't come up with clear answer.
Please help.
(I've posted this in the techsupport thread, but since the general discussion thread is much more populated, I'll try my luck here too. Sorry for being annoying.:p)

Moderator Action: Please do not post the same question in multiple forums. Threads merged.

A computer shuts off (directly) or reboot most often to protects itself due to hardware failure, most often heat. When software fails, a computer usually crash with various codes displayed on blue screens or popups.

It can still be heat, check with another program to check heat. In bios the safety temperature can be set, maybe it it set to low. Maybe your graphic drivers are set to be able to overclock and your computer can't handle that very well.

Is this a laptop or desktop?

It should not be that difficult to take off the cover, and check to see how much dust may be clogging up the fins around the CPU. If there is no dust, then the MB could be failing.

Top Bottom