City Connection Airport Tag?

Zorro 695

Chieftain
When a city is connected to your Capital, you get the little City Connection icon under the City Name. That's cute, and is informative. Even on foreign shores, as long as you're connected with a Harbor, you get the City Connection icon.

But what about being connected with an Airport?

Wouldn't it be useful to have a similar (but different) icon showing that your city is connected to the Capital with an Airport? I remember there was such an icon in Civ III.

It would help to see in a moment that, 'Ah-ha! So-an-so City has an Airport! I can airlift a unit there!'

It would also help if you built a City inland on a foreign shore, where it isn't possible to build a Harbor (resource chasing).

Why should an Airport not have the same City Connection recognition as a Harbor?

Just a thought.

yes i agree. this was a bit confusing for me when i first built airports. i had some conquered cities inland and figured an airport connection would work (and give trade) like a harbour. it would make sense i think, it worked for berlin in the cold war ;)

Makes sense, also brasaelal if a unit can be airlifted it has a little icon on the toolbar that looks like a package, then you may click on or around any other city with an airport to move it.

Airports in cities could connect to the capital with a trade route once the capital has a airport doesn't it? I mean by that time a trade route should already exist.

No, an airport cannot form a trade link; too much strain on economy . You should already have sea, road, and rail connections before airports; AND cities within air transport range to be able to 'hop' a unit from coast-to-coast in a couple of turns .

It would also make sense to do AIR trade as well as land and sea routes.

Top Bottom