Ramkhamhaeng, Thy Name is Ding Dong

Venice builds Hagia Sophia to get a Great Prophet so he doesn't miss out on the Religion game. Sometimes Venice instead goes Liberty and chooses a Great Prophet on Liberty Completion instead. Would you expect him to just ignore the Religion mechanic?

It wasn't the Hagia: it happened on T65, and there was no notice of the Hagia being built anyway. Also, he didn't go Liberty. I later saw that he went full Piety, but I really doubt he finished the tree by T65 even with AI advantages.

I simply can't explain how he got first religion with "Goddess of Protection" faster than any other Piety-taking Civ, even though they did take Faith pantheons.

It wasn't the Hagia: it happened on T65, and there was no notice of the Hagia being built anyway. Also, he didn't go Liberty. I later saw that he went full Piety, but I really doubt he finished the tree by T65 even with AI advantages.

I simply can't explain how he got first religion with "Goddess of Protection" faster than any other Piety-taking Civ, even though they did take Faith pantheons.

I cannot figure out how it could have been done from the information that you have provided. Please post a save showing Venice with a Full Piety Tree and a Religion by T65 , if you would like me to look into this further for you.

I cannot figure out how it could have been done from the information that you have provided. Please post a save showing Venice with a Full Piety Tree and a Religion by T65 , if you would like me to look into this further for you.

I tossed the save out once I won the game - I'm pretty sure he didn't have full Piety at T65 but I know he finished it later. I pulled the T65 number from the replay info.

It seemed absurdly quick to me, so I checked the turn number. Nothing more. Maybe he got lucky & allied a religious CS very early by clearing a camp.

Top Bottom