Economy: 1 (1+0)/0/0
Size: Tiny (1)
Stability: 50% (Neutral)
Infrastructure: 10% (Horrible)
Education: 0% (None)
Army: 1 Infantry Battalion, 2 Light Cavalry Companies
Navy:
Projects/Wonders:

Orrenia is a recently established kingdom. After years of a nomadic lifestyle, and then a few more settled under a tribal council, Orrenia has become a kingdom. So far, it is more stable than it had ever been. Orrenia is growing rapidly, using military might to either kill natives or assimilate them into the Kingdom of Orrenia. Located near a river that the people have not named yet, Orrenia is thriving.

NWAG3 and Moosewarrior, I already selected that area. Maybe it was because I showed my starting spot in an attachment that you didn't see it, but sorry, the spot is MINE!:)

Dulp- I'll take where the river touches the mountains, then.

EDIT: Either one.

If you do not change the location (If it has already been taken), I will forcibly move you to a close location to where your originally desired. However, once this has been done (In form of an update), it cannot be changed and thus no complaints will be listened to. (Unless by some oversight you were the original claimant of an area)

I believe this system to be fair.

Carmen: So I'm not allowed to have my leader as an immortal person who has an infinite life span like in Civ (like Richard Alpert in Lost)? Darn...

I am a bit curious as to why the place where the 4 rivers meet is not a grassland/light forest? A prairie thrives in places with few water. (mostly a river or two not 4.) But I am not nitpicking, just curious is all.

I might join at a later date.

The Policies of King Chobres III
Once in power, King Chobres III of the League of People began creating a large amount of legislation and great new attempts to enforce it. The nobility had largely been instituted by him, and therefore were largely on his side- the intellectuals were willing to tolerate him for the moment. This gave him an opening for a large number of ideas indulging his authoritarian bent.

First was the People's Law. Not wanting the League of People to get mixed up with the League of Peoples, Chobres mandated the death penalty for any who got them confused (although intellectuals and nobility could apply for a pardon, and usually got it). This law was, to his anger, commonly known jokingly as "The People's Law" (He tried to change it to the People Law, but without sucess). He considered changing the name, but decided that would mean the indignity of a King bending his will to mere commoners.

Whilst waging a constant battle to enforce this policy, Chobres worked in his spare time on a side-project. A new dating system was introduced- from that time onward, years were to be marked on the number of years before and after the introduction of the League of People (NOT, as he kept insisting, the League of Peoples). This made the year of the new law 7 A.U.

Of the misselanious policies, the final one was the Governor's Act. This was considered less of a burden then the People's Law, but was still despised- it mandated that Claredites could only be governed by Ebrites, and vica-versa. In order to persuade the nobility to accept this, reforms were undertaken which overall weakened royal power.

It was this which finally led the intellectuals to depose him in 12 AU. For a start, they exercised their powers through control of the King- weakening him weakened them. Second, this was a new structure and they wished to assert their right to depose monarchs in case it went away. Third, it had nearly been 18 years (which in Ebrite culture at least was considered the amount of time a generation took), and in their view they could not afford to wait any longer.

Just to let all of you know, with the exception of MooseWarrior who needs to choose a new city location, you have all been put on the map. I have forgotten to ask who wants which color, but it doesn't matter much anyways so I will arbitrarily choose them. Don't worry, I won't use ugly shades of gray or pink or puke green. :p

Also, since everyone seems to love the color, capital cities will be represented in RED. (Black is actually bad, because it blends with too many of the map sea-land borders and mountain ranges)

Airemithaeya/Cobalt Command
Oligarchy/Council of Lords (Presided over by The Highly Esteemed)
Capital & Major Cities: Aoiurbis
Army: 500 Light Infantry; 250 Spearmen; 250 Archers
Navy: One Galley Squadron
Projects/Wonders:
According to legend, the Airemithaeyan Kingdom came into existence with the appearance of an apparition on one of the once nomadic tribes hunting trips. Not appearing to be really there, but with the undisputable fact that it was, the hunters battled, to no avail. When it had easily overcome them, the apparition singled out one of the hunters as ‘The Highly Esteemed,’ and designated the others as ‘ The Praised Lords.’ Before disappearing, the apparition gave detailed instructions to these men on the future of their civilization, and demanded their success in the establishment of their Order. The Nomads found fertile soil and productive sea with resources to spare, and settled their tribe in mandate; with passing tribes assimilating by sheer awe at the sight of civilization. With the Qwamus bloodline in command, as dictated by the apparition so long ago, Airemithaeya seeks to bring all those willing under their influence, and seek the future the Deity spoke of together.

Spoiler :

I would appreciate it if the nation was represented in Cobalt.

In relation to the climate map: In the Orange, just below the eastern-most point of Green and the single black pixel separating the two colors; connected to the sea.

-Apologies for map.

Khitai Khaganate / Espoir
Khaganate / Bei Huang
Capital: Shangjing
Army: 4 Light Cavalry Companies
Navy: None

I will post description later.

OOC: Thought I should probably develop things a bit. This will be something of a starting point...

Origins of The Rise and Fall of the Ebrite Empire
Ulsen Grogades sifted slowly through the files, his spirits lagging. He wasn't actually on a planet, but in his internal clock it was nearly 1:00 in the morning- by the same, he had been up since 5:00 the day before.

Behind him, the TV was on- not that he noticed. "In foriegn affairs, the Sepatim have reported that new technology will be refused to Yurasol until they have reached a superior stage of cultural develop-"

"Hey, Ulsen!"
"Yea?"
"You think we might be a Sepatim experiment?"
"Wha?"
"We all know the drill- they go in, do a bunch of random stuff, and see what happens. That fits us pretty well."
"I'm going'da bed- too much to think about."

A little thing penetrated into his brain matter, though. Perhaps one of these "experiments" would make a good essay topic. It was obscure, at least...

The Khitai Khaganate is governed by a Khaganate, as is obvious, by the warrior king Bei Huang. Bei Huang is given mandate by Xie, the Khitai God to rule all of the people under Heaven. Khitai culture is all about warfare because of their religion. They take huge pride from being the best horse archers in the world, but they have recently also started to harvest the sea as their god Xie demands.

Khitai religion, Xiela, holds that the eternal God Xie gave them all the earth and the water of the world in a divine compact at Shangjing, where the water meets the sea. Because of this their capital Shangjing is the only permanent city that Khitai have. It is a religious city with many monuments and temples to Xie but there are also markets and stuff because it is the only city in the area. Everywhere else they have nomadic tents and camps, and barracks where the Khitai young are trained for horse archery and war.

Xiela says that the Khitai will earn all the earth and the water that has been promised to them when they find the Alter of Xie at the highest mountain on the earth, because Xie will then give them the Heaven over the earth and power over it. Thus the Khitai must take everything between the highest mountain and Shangjing, whatever the cost.

Top Bottom