Bug reports

So I installed the MOD. I started the game with the normal settings and was a bit confused every thing seems to work but the interface is missing.

That's strange. Can you post a screenshot? The only way I know to hide the interface is to use CTRL-I or ALT-I.

in 1.6.2 with 1.6.1b fix there is some glitch with infantry unit involved . It not get string of own commands, its hard to explain thois glitch you just should see. When i choose unit it gets last unit's commands, and whgen doubleclicking in city i just enter to city but i can move my camera where i want.

More than that there is major glitch with city screen.

I think it linked to Revdcm from 1.6.2, its somewhat mixing with new features .

This might happen if you have the BUG mod installed via the CustomAssets method.
Conflicting changes to the user interface are never a good thing.

If this is the problem, you can fix it. Turn off CustomAssets for the mod by editing the mod's .ini file (in the mod folder) and changing the part that says "NoCustomAssets = 0" to "NoCustomAssets = 1".

Edit: this was RE: the disappearing interface, not Slvynn's problem.

I think it linked to Revdcm from 1.6.2, its somewhat mixing with new features .

can you explain further? with a screenshot maybe?

you mean the city screen gets stuck?

so far i had 1-2 ctds with v 1.6.2, and not every game, probably its due to the missile launcher fixed with 1.6.1b.
cause when i removed a civ, a specific civ , the ctd was eliminated.

I am using 3.19 and have tried the Ctrl-I and Alt-I if it helps the help and options dont work either.

Its hard to screenshot a glitch
but here is small preview. I have my infantry (unit selected)
Screenshots:
a. Thats a buttons you have if you selected Infantry unit inside city
b. Thats i am ruling my infantry from cityscreen .

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0121.JPG
    231.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Civ4ScreenShot0120.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0120.JPG
    250.8 KB · Views: 134
There is just no interface Dun'o'pedia and the options dont work the whole interface overlay is missing but the units and ground seem to be ok

It is likely you are getting a Python exception:

If you locate your CivilizationIV.ini file (there should be a shortcut _Civ4Config in your Beyond the Sword directory) and set the following to 1 instead of 0.

; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1

Then you should be able to see if a Python exception is occuring and feedback to us.

Garfe,
can you tell us exacly how you installed the mod?

missing menus happens mainly for these reasons and more probably):

1. non English install
2. wrong patch of civ
3. wrong installation of the mod.

you stroked out 1 so far.

Slvynn,
i remember i had this happening a long time ago , i think its something with the maininterface.py, or something with bug mod.

your using 1.6.1 right?

No, i am using 1.6.2 with 1.6.1b fix.

No, its good to try to test compatibility :p

Hi sorry been working.

Everything is in english language.

I have installed 3.19 of BTS and the last patch for CIV 4, I do not have warlords.
I have tried 3 different versions of the dune mod the first I found was 1.3 then 1.5 with the patch 1.51 (Not sure about the numbers) these did not work so I uninstalled everything (civ4 BTS then civ4) and yesterday tried installing everything again including the latest patches and the dune wars v1.6 setup followed by dune-wars-patch-1-6-1.zip patch.

I am running Vista 64 ultimate and because my operating system drive is small (36 GB raptor) I have all my program files on a second drive. denoted as D: all my drivers are as up to date as I can make them (without using betas) I will post the python exemption log in a minute.

Thanks for everyones help.

It may be that installing all these versions on top of each other is causing an issue.

I'd advise going to your Beyond the Sword/Mods directory and deleting any folders with "dune" or "Dune" in the name.

Then try a clean install of Dune Wars 1.6.1 using the installer exe linked in the Welcome Thread.

Deliverator

I have set to log started the game and used the default settings to start a game.
I saved the game then closed down. Where do I find the log.

Garfe

Between the uninstall and re install I always clear the directory structure and then use eraser.exe to clear the cluster slack.
I then defragged.

Error log is found at
E:\Documents and Settings\<Your Name>\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\PythonErr.log

Top Bottom