Bug reports

As for the language problem, you just need to select english language in the option menu of the base game, then all the english only mods work when you relaunch the game with a mod turned on. No need to reinstall or to have special files.

Thanks for the tip.

@ deliverator, this is probably worth mentioning in the first post of the installation problems thread.

Sadly, using this tip, and using the new xml files from a few posts back, I can verify that this mod is still *not* language friendly. I selected French, and the main menu comes up empty.

I will post in some of the other dev sub-forums to try to find a way to debug.

Does anybody like the concept of religious and holy war victories in Dune Wars?

I think some kind of holy war victory is a must for Messianism/Mahdi at least, and some kind of religious victory would also make sense for Quizarate/Golden path.

These could either be tied to their specific religions, or not; their spread mechanics (Messianism=autospread on conquest, Quizareate=wipes out other religions when spread) will already tend to favor those victory types for those religions.

Sadly, using this tip, and using the new xml files from a few posts back, I can verify that this mod is still *not* language friendly. I selected French, and the main menu comes up empty.

I will post in some of the other dev sub-forums to try to find a way to debug.

Problem solved. Additional fixed xml files will be in 1.5.5.

It seems like the units and build aren't center in the square or grid. Heres a screenie

Can't see your screenie. Can you add it as an attachment using the paperclip icon or the Manage Attachments button please?

I think he's talking about that imprecision when founding a city or placing an unit in the world builder. The colorful marked plots aren't exactly in the same positions as the real plots. I am sure this is releated to the new elevation concept. Is it fixable? I don't think so. In the end it is just a small annoyance for getting this cool new terrain. I miss much more the peaks...

On the other hand I think remembering firaxis exported some of that stuff related to plot coloring into the sdk in patch 3.19, but not sure (maybe only wishful thinking :))

I've noticed that too, but imo it is minor issue, not critical at all, and elevation thingy really worth it.

I think he's talking about that imprecision when founding a city or placing an unit in the world builder.

I have looked into this previously and it may be possible to improve the situation, but I don't think I can eliminate it completely.

On another subject, I am thinking of doing a little patch that enables cities on mesa. I want to see whether people can live with the graphical strangeness. For gameplay allowing cities on mesa would be much better.

Can you also remove the ability to build cottages and turbinres from mesa, and/or bump up mines by + hammers?

Otherwise mines are pretty useless.

It is now, you can build cottages and turbines on mesa, i tried.

Fixing it would be *removing* the ability to build cottages and turbines on mesa, or boosting mines. So... it isn't fixed :)

I can reproduce this, but I do not see how it can be happening. Mesa terrain is what used to be "peaks". There is a flag for the improvement "bPeakMakesValid", which can be true if the improvement is allowed there, and false otherwise. It is false for everything except the mines and the fort. So the game should be disallowing turbines and cottages and everything else. I don't know how to fix this.

Well, IIRC solar farms *aren't* buildable on mesa (I think??). So maybe take a look through the solar farm code and see if there is anythnig there?

I can reproduce this, but I do not see how it can be happening. Mesa terrain is what used to be "peaks". There is a flag for the improvement "bPeakMakesValid", which can be true if the improvement is allowed there, and false otherwise. It is false for everything except the mines and the fort. So the game should be disallowing turbines and cottages and everything else. I don't know how to fix this.

I haven't dug too much into this, but the build stuff on Peaks stuff must come from a modcomp. I don't know if it is the Mountains Back to Service modcomp. Anyway, I'm not sure it is working properly for precisely this reason.

Well, IIRC solar farms *aren't* buildable on mesa (I think??). So maybe take a look through the solar farm code and see if there is anythnig there?

Nvm. Solar farms are buildable on mesa too. Sorry.

Please help me - i cant find any resource on map for insect farms. Not a single resource. (3 of them missing)
What thing can cause such thing, and how i can fix that. Those resources just not appear on any map i start. They are also not aviable in
WB. It was since i installed mod 1st time.

Top Bottom