Why won't you attack me?!

nemesis464

Chieftain
I'm ~280 turns in, on emperor and have about 7 dark red diplomacy penalties with Alexander and Augustus.
They still won't attack me, even though they massively outnumber me.

Usually I wouldn't invite an attack, but I'm starting to run away with the game and if they attacked me, it wouldn't make me want to end the game (which has quite on obvious conclusion) right now.

Any fixes?

I'm ~280 turns in, on emperor and have about 7 dark red diplomacy penalties with Alexander and Augustus.

Usually I wouldn't invite an attack, but I'm starting to run away with the game and if they attacked me, it wouldn't make me want to end the game (which has quite on obvious conclusion) right now.

Any fixes?

Bully their city state allies?
Move your units up to their borders and say you'll move them (BUT DON'T! MWUHAHAHA)?

Any fixes?
If you are "starting to run away with the game", does that also mean that you are Allied with a lot/most/all of the City States? In which case, declaring war on you also automatically declares war on them. Any trade routes that Alex and Caesar has with them go away, disrupting their economies, as well as any nearby CSs pillaging their cities.

I think the modified BNW AI recognizes that going to war is expensive. Building and replacing units means that civic infrastructure and economic improvements do NOT get built. Post-BNW, it seems to me that civs generally do not go to war unless the probable outcome is a _quick_ Sure Thing. Battling a major civ and a dozen or so CSs is far from being that.

If you are "starting to run away with the game", does that also mean that you are Allied with a lot/most/all of the City States? In which case, declaring war on you also automatically declares war on them. Any trade routes that Alex and Caesar has with them go away, disrupting their economies, as well as any nearby CSs pillaging their cities.

I think the modified BNW AI recognizes that going to war is expensive. Building and replacing units means that civic infrastructure and economic improvements do NOT get built. Post-BNW, it seems to me that civs generally do not go to war unless the probable outcome is a _quick_ Sure Thing. Battling a major civ and a dozen or so CSs is far from being that.

THAT.. MadJinn said that the AI now takes into consideration their Trade Routes, and if war distrupts any of them and potentially distrupts their economy they are more likely NOT to go to war. Question si wether the programmers/devs thought about City-State scenario (as you said, declaring war on Alexander with City State allies).

@OP i have the similar incident.
Turns out that my military is ranked 6th out of 22 and i am trying to make rank 1 and 3 attack me. Not to mention i m allied with 2 states that are bordering them. Quite obvious why neither of them wants to attack me.

I think the best solution is to make ur military as weak as possible, but again we dont want a defeat eh?

Top Bottom