Term I UN Representative's Office

RegentMan

Deity
Sorry classical. :blush:

Welcome to the Term I office for the UN Representative.

UN Representative: RegentMan
Second in Command: Apply within
Link to new UN forum: http://www.strategamer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16
Link to alternate UN forum: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Civ4_ISDG_Alternate/index.php
Link to obsolete UN forum: http://evo-games.net/Home/viewforum.php?f=241

Status of the save: Normal

Feel free to post any concerns/questions/other items here.

Spoiler The ISDG Ruleset :
1. The admins are empowered to handle any dispute or situation, whether covered by the rules or not. If a rule applies, the admins must follow it. The teams have agreed in advance (by approving the admins) that they will abide by all decision.

2. The contest is in two rounds, two first round games of 7 teams each, of which 3 advance to a final round.

3. No player is allowed to be a member of more than one team. Use of double logins or other means of out of game espionage is prohibited. Accidental espionage, viewing material not intended for the public due to a flaw in forum software or by other accidental means, is not a violation as long as it is reported and the information is not acted upon.

4. Team interactions are limited to those allowed in game. No diplomatic contact until contact in game. No screenshot trading until paper (I think that's the tech).

5. The save must be played, sent, and posted in the turn tracker within 24 hours. Teams are allowed a limited number of extensions for special circumstances. The rule of thumb is if a team's average response time is higher than the other team's averages over an extended period it is a problem. The teams will help refine this rule. The turn tracker thread is for notification of turn played and to request an extension.

6. Any allegations of rule violations and self-notification of accidental violations must be sent to the admin email, not posted in any public place. The admins will decide if the information warrants public disclosure.

7. Teams may not post information about their dealings with other teams in a public place until all teams have the ability to trade screenshots, or until a point in the game where spoiler potential is largely eliminated. The admins will announce when that point is reached. (this last part is just my suggestion, perhaps we'll discuss it in another thread.)

8. Teams should internally designate someone responsible for actually playing the turn. No actions may be taken which would have the effect of reloading a save and attempting different moves or different sequences to get a different result. In particular, having several people open the save and play the turn differently to get the best result is strictly prohibited. Teams are cautioned to keep a record of the actions taken in case a turn must be replayed or there is a question about the results.

9. Anything which results in an "illogical" result from the perspective of "normal" game play may be declared an exploit, and such exploits are prohibited. One such example is the "enemy unit inside a friendly transport" bug, where a single low strength unit can capture a highly defended city by entering it on a transport at peace with the victim. Any player or team who discovers or learns of a potential exploit must bring it to the attention of the admins for a decision on whether it is an exploit prior to using it. Use of an exploit is a violation even before it is officially recognized as such, unless there is no reasonable expectation that the offending team could predict the action would be an exploit. If something unexpected happens, the player should stop play immediately and provide the admins with a starting save and explanation of how to get to the questionable result. If the result is declared an exploit and the game has not progressed, the team is permitted to replay the turn without the exploit, without penalty.

10. Renaming solely for the purpose of confusion is prohibited.

Current UN Discussions
None at the moment.

Current UN Polls
None at the moment.

Completed UN Discussions
None at the moment.

Completed UN Polls
None at the moment.

Last ISDG, a CFC player ran his mouth off at the UN and damaged some relations with another team. Could we prohibit other team members other than the UN reps to talk at the UN (other than that one thread that the FM has to talk in.)

Well i dont think we should have a rule about it just make sure that everyone knows we shouldnt.

People should know if you have a complaint/something to say, post it here and I'll get it addressed. Emp. is right; careless posting at the UN hurts others and makes us look bad.

The admins said:
Please use c4isdg.game2@gmail.com for saves.

civ4.isdg.admins@gmail.com is best used only for protests,
investigations and other trouble between teams that require admin
attention ;)

Thank you

The admins.

Just thought everyone should know why i've been altering Gmail, the new address has been added with notes made for the original e-mail.

So that means we can build WMD's and not get in trouble...:mischief:

I'm sure they are doing their best. I'm glad my little ditty was taken so well. :D Also this i really the first time there have been these problem, so I'm sure that the admins are doing their best to fix it. At least we are not on the EVO team, because they will not be able to talk to other members like we are.

which could be considered a benefeit to the admins because the majority of what we've posted could be considered spam :mischief: if it wasnt highly critical to the team....

Well, they're not the admins of the forum, so I'd reckon they'd have no idea either. It's like if CFC just stopped working; we might not know why.

But if you really want me to, I'll ask.

Top Bottom