Are you looking forward to Civ World?

Are you looking forward to Civ World?

• Yes, and are planning to pay for premium currency

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Yes, but will only pay for free

Votes: 65 23.7%
  • Will play for the first few months, then probably lose interest

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Will have a quick look to see what the fuss is about, then will probably leave it

Votes: 52 19.0%
  • Not at all interested

Votes: 95 34.7%
  • Will have to wait and see what happens when its released

Votes: 33 12.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters

kamex

Emperor
I haven't heard much positivity about the upcoming game so far, so I was hoping this poll could help clarify the communities feeling towards it.

Discuss, but please don't troll or flame. :D :mischief:

My opinion - Although I do currently play most of the Zynga games, I like them only because they are very casual. Civ is a series too close to my heart for me to take a Facebook version seriously, therefore I will probably play a little then leave it (let it stale). I fear if a console version flopped, what chance does a Facebook version have?

I don't understand what people see in the Zynga type games.

A) They are so shallow, there is little actual decision making. It is just progress quest/wars. http://progresswars.com/

B) I hate the model of games that play while you are not there, I understand why they do it for business reasons (to maximize # of visits and hence ad revenue). I find it an incredibly annoying player experience.

C) Why play some scaled down version of a strategy game designed for casuals when I can just play a good one (SotS/MOO/MOO2/XCOM/Civ4/etc.)? If I just want to have fun with a simple social game and some friends I'll play a board game with them. Something like Powergrid or Dungeonlords.

I hope this will make a lot of money for Firaxis so they'll use it to make a sequel for SMAC

Not at all interested. Facebook Civ sounds like exactly the opposite of what I enjoy in Civ. Though I'd probably check it out if it didn't require signing up to facebook. But it's hard to imagine that that game would be something I'd enjoy playing.

I am hoping the game is enjoyable, and I will definitely try it, but I expect it will be too similar to existing games to retain my interest.

missing poll option, "don't have face book, couldn't care less"

Yeah, this. I don't use Facebook because I'd rather socialize offline. Not a knock against the game itself, which sounds rather decent.

It seems to me the problem here is the same thing that plagued Civ Rev.

Talk to a lot of people around here and they'll trash Civ Rev. I've always thought it was a silly reaction. Civ Rev was a fun little game that would let you have a Civ-esque experience in a short sitting. Was it as deep as Civ 4? Obviously not. Actually, it reminded me a lot of Civ I. But it was still a good game.

I think the same thing is happening with Civ World. Civfanatics are looking at it and seeing that it won't be the same ole Civ experience and are automatically denouncing it. (He he, "denouncing," get it?)

I know I'll try it out, but I can't say yet whether it will be for me or not. You know what, neither can you all--unless you're making a snap judgement based on too little information which you'll cling to no matter what, like even if Civ World turns out to be a lot of fun.

I do Facebook, but in a very limited way, so will not sign up for any games or any other FB apps. As I only play SP, CivWorld isn't tempting even a little bit.

I don't understand what people see in the Zynga type games.

A) They are so shallow, there is little actual decision making. It is just progress quest/wars. http://progresswars.com/

B) I hate the model of games that play while you are not there, I understand why they do it for business reasons (to maximize # of visits and hence ad revenue). I find it an incredibly annoying player experience.

C) Why play some scaled down version of a strategy game designed for casuals when I can just play a good one (SotS/MOO/MOO2/XCOM/Civ4/etc.)? If I just want to have fun with a simple social game and some friends I'll play a board game with them. Something like Powergrid or Dungeonlords.

Sounds like Sid Meier's dream come true.

Not interested.First Brian Reynolds and now Sid...they are wasting their talents on that facebook crap.That makes me sad:cry:

I use Facebook here and there, but I despise all Facebook games, so there's basically no chance I'm interested in CivWorld.

Not at all interested. Facebook Civ sounds like exactly the opposite of what I enjoy in Civ. Though I'd probably check it out if it didn't require signing up to facebook. But it's hard to imagine that that game would be something I'd enjoy playing.

This. I enjoyed Civ Rev on my DS. But I play Civ and other SP games because I don't like people. This would force me to converse with people. Also, you thought the wait times between meaningful decisions in Civ V was bad...

I'm looking forward to this game, but again, I hate the association with a 3rd party (facebook)

The thing is Civ is very good suited for this type of game. Those who played Travian or even Utopia know how addictive it can get :D

I'm interested to hear what it's like, but I don't think I'd be interested in playing it. I don't use any apps or games on Facebook, and I don't really intend on changing that, even for Civ.

A lot of the responses will be predicated on a central question of "Do you like using Facebook and/or use it often?" I do, so I will be at least trying Civ World out.

Top Bottom