Ingame Editor

Hi everyone, I've been struggling with this for a while so I'm hoping someone here can help me. Civ crashes whenever I click on the IGE icon. I have a number of mods installed but I have run the game with the same mods on another computer without a problem.

Attached is my log. Not sure if the problem is the warning about the table or the iconlookup error.

Thanks very much for any and all assistance, I've hit a wall with trying to get this fixed.

How does this mod have so many upvotes, if there is hundreds of people with dozens of problems with it? Is it because we give it five stars and upvotes, but then dozens of problems with it come out nowhere?

Hi, I just want to say this mod is absolutley amazing. Unfortunetly, after activating this mod in one of my saves (turning the mod on and loading a save that did not previously have this mod in it), and then playing a few hours and saving, I am now unable to load my save :( It could be other mods, but my save before loading this mod works fine.

Do you play on PC or Mac? PC
Do you have the Gods & Kings expansion or not? Yes, with Brave New World and all DLC.
Is it a legal and up-to-date version? Legal AND up to date.
A description of the problem. I successfully enabled the mod menu and installed IGE, then enabled it in the game mod menu. I now cannot load any saves that I made with this mod enabled, and the loading screen just hangs forever at (loading...)

A screenshot may help or not, it's up to you to decide. None needed.

If the problem is caused by a mod, the mod's name, version, and where you got it ("steam workshop" or an url).I have about 15 other mods, should I list them?

IGE's error message if you got one, a LUA log otherwise. The log is always better but the error message is often enough. I have a lua file, but can't seem to attach it. (Invalid file) ?

I don't think anyone is ever going to help us. The mod is stuck broken for you and me.

I have since abandoned that save, but I now have a new problem.

Whenever I click IGE to start it while in-game, I get an error message, saying it failed to load or something. (I'll edit this post when I play again and it happens.) I click it again, and the same thing happens. But after clicking a third time, the game freezes and I have to restart my PC to get out of the game.

(CTRL ALT ESC to bring up task manager doesn't work.)

Anyone else have this problem? I'm thinking it's caused by mod incompatibilities.

EDIT: Found out it was incompatible with the mod: The Specilize's Kingdom of Goguryeo

I also wish this mod was more compatible with Yet (Not) Another Earth Map Pack. For some reason with IGE and that mod you cannot place natural wonders or even things like atolls or oasis'

http://prntscr.com/ab6nix

I constantly get this bug whenever I click on any of the social policy tabs. Also, the last three social polies, ALL of their textures are missing. The worst part of it is that I cannot adopt social policies. When I click "ADOPT POLCIY"...nothing happens. I can't view my policies or choose new ones. SO when I have to accept a new policy..I can no longer play on this save. Policy saving doesn't work either.

Do you play on PC or Mac?PC
Do you have the Gods & Kings expansion or not?Yes
Is it a legal and up-to-date version? Please be honest, there are no FBI agents lurking on forums, they have better ways anyway. Yes- legal and updated.
A description of the problem. http://prntscr.com/ab6nix

I constantly get this bug whenever I click on any of the social policy tabs. Also, the last three social polies, ALL of their textures are missing. The worst part of it is that I cannot adopt social policies. When I click "ADOPT POLCIY"...nothing happens. I can't view my policies or choose new ones. SO when I have to accept a new policy..I can no longer play on this save. Policy saving doesn't work either.

A screenshot may help or not, it's up to you to decide. http://prntscr.com/ab6nix
If the problem is caused by a mod, the mod's name, version, and where you got it ("steam workshop" or an url).Nope. No other mods installed.
IGE's error message if you got one, a LUA log otherwise. The log is always better but the error message is often enough.

I don't know if DonQuiche still keeps up with this...but any help would be heavily appreciated.

two problem I could not find a working way:

1) how I place a city for a AI civ, resp. force a city position for a AI civ's settler?

2) how I lift the clouds for a AI civ while in editor so that I can place start positions and additional cities for ai at beginning?

whn I enter editor and lift the couds for me and then switch to an ai civ, I have the clouds back and it is hard to create new start positions.

I also wish this mod was more compatible with Yet (Not) Another Earth Map Pack. For some reason with IGE and that mod you cannot place natural wonders or even things like atolls or oasis'

[urlI constantly get this bug whenever I click on any of the social policy tabs. ...

both problems are NOT caused by Ingame Editor.
There may be several reasons for it:

1) you need to have 2GB Video RAM and minimum 2 GB free RAM
2) verify if the files required are in right folder ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS
3) verify that there is no conflict with other mods activated
4) do the right steps when setup the game

I can play fine and also edit/set socials and oasis etc. w/o any problem with these settings/mods (see also screenshot):

have both DLCs active

- click on MODS
- choose the mods, verify that all other are disabled

Hormigas Enhanced Map Pack (43 Civs) (v 1) (this includes the GEM map with hand set starting positions!)
Ingame Editor (v 39.1)
Reduced required distance between cities (v 5)
Ynaemp City States for BNW (v 1)
YnAEMP DLL Leader fix for BNW (v 2)

- cllick next
- click single player
- click own game
- click on Hormigas Enhanced Map Pack
- click on load mod

Now you came to the screen where you can choose the civs and amount of city states

Watch out! Overall, there are 36 civs in (inclusive your) + barbars.

You MUST NOT choose more than 36 civs (inclusive your civ) plus maximal 20 city states. If you choose more than 20 city states, it will crash.

If you choose 36 civs and set the slide control for city states to 20, you'll get 35 AI civs + barbars + 12 city states. If you choose less than 36 civs and let the slide control on 20, you'll get more city states. Don't set the slide control above 20! It will crash.

Do a sav direct after game start, before doing anything.

Problems with Ingame Editor:
- if you are in ingame editor and change the civ you want to edit, you need to go back to your own civ, wait until loaded, and then exit by the X right above the Editor.
- when you want to edit several AI civs, then after each AI civ you eed to go back to your own and exit and load editor new. You cannot edit more than one AI civ in same editor loading.
- Also, grafics placed by Ingame Editor (like roads, oasis, atolls, mining, resourced) the game often will not show until you leave the editor by the X, then sav the game, exit the game, and then start the game new with the sav you made.
This is no editor bug but a Civ5 bug of grafic loading.

EDIT: Found out it was incompatible with the mod: The Specilize's Kingdom of Goguryeo

The freezing the computer part doesn't happen for me (Game does crash however) but the Goguryeo are definitely bugged, I'm trying to figure out the issue at the moment.

The Error I'm getting is "line Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude .lua;293: attempt to compare number with nill"

Really don't know how to approach this at the moment. It's like bashing my head against a wall. I'll probably end up complete redoing all XML from scratch see if I catch anything messing it up. The Serer civ i'm currently working on has no IGE issue and it's done the exact same way that I did Goguryeo at a base level.

On another note IGE works with the mod when EUI is also used.

The Cheolli Jangseong has <TechEnhancedTourism></TechEnhancedTourism>, which is causing InfoTooltipInclude to attempt to check if nil > 0, which is causing that error. It should be <TechEnhancedTourism>0</TechEnhancedTourism>, or just delete that line from the XML entirely.

The Cheolli Jangseong has <TechEnhancedTourism></TechEnhancedTourism>, which is causing InfoTooltipInclude to attempt to check if nil > 0, which is causing that error. It should be <TechEnhancedTourism>0</TechEnhancedTourism>, or just delete that line from the XML entirely.

Well that fixed it. I had the feeling it was within one of the uniques XML files since it was also effecting the Tech Tree. Using the same template foreverything finally went against me.

Okay, I have error C:\Users\i3\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor(v 39.1)\Ingame Editor (v 39)\IGE_API_Misc.lua:21:

Mods I just added (just wonders :confused:)
Buddhas of Bamiyan Wonder (v. 1)
Kada's wonder pack (v.7)
Karnak wonder (v.1)
Lake titicaca wonder (v.1)
Stave Church mod - standalone (v.101)
Topkapi pa&#322;ace wonder (v. 1)
Unique buildings - riverport (v.5) it's from pix'n mix but it's compatible, there is no errrors.
Venetian Ca' d'Oro (v.1)

Oh, and you really don't want to know how many mods I use.

I also changed Chonga Zanbil wonder (v.2) faith from 2 to 4

Kada's wonder pack (v.7) I delete Hoover Dam and Temple something

Dodaj ji wonder (v. 1) I changed 1 faith to 2 on animal resources

(v.38) also don't work

I'm playing on diety and I get the good start, so guess I don't want start another game (before you ask, I use IGE to delete some glitches on Cyaxares Medes)

It's the changes I made. How I should do that to not cause errors?

It's the Kada's wonder pack. Even autor don't know how to use this mod modular.

Edit: problem solved, you have to add _ before the name of folder.

Plz help.

Mod list:
City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World - no DLL (v 14)
Combat and Stacking Overhaul (v 3)
Culturally Linked Start Locations (v 4)
Custom Advanced Setup Screen (v 5)
InfoAddict (v 22)
Ingame Editor (v 39)
R.E.D. DLL for BNW (include Revolutions and Cultural Diffusion) (v 8)
R.E.D. Modpack (v 27)
R.E.D. Xtented (v 2)
UI for Unit Stacking (v 2)
Unit Path Viewer
Wonder Race (v 3)

Last edited:
The most critical mod in Civ 5. Looking at it, it's some serious coding. Bravo to you, and I hope you return to it for Civ 6.

Hey, I hope someone can help me ... Is there a way to move the IGE button in-game to somewhere else?
Im using this mod with Vox Populi and the button sits on top of my resources/tourism/etc making it impossible to see whats underneath.

I just want to move the button slightly down or something ...

Hello everyone, long time no see. :)

I have recently been contacted by people inquiring about the possibility of an IGE for Civ6.

I will not write an IGE for Civ6. However I gladly encourage everyone to pillage and salvage my source code or the IGE name, and to feel free to do whatever they want with them.

Hello everyone, long time no see. :)

I have recently been contacted by people inquiring about the possibility of an IGE for Civ6.

I will not write an IGE for Civ6. However I gladly encourage everyone to pillage and salvage my source code or the IGE name, and to feel free to do whatever they want with them.

So thats what heart break feels like :cry::cry:

Top Bottom