Frequently Asked Questions

Quick question, I saw this answered somewhere a while ago (I think).

What is the source of the music in this mod?

From the readme and the first post in the FfH2 thread:

[tab]A huge thanks to the artists I shamelessly cut tiny pieces of art from to make all of the icons and graphics used in this mod. Justin Sweet, Brom, Don Maitz, Keith Parkinson, etc etc are all amazing and contributed (unknowingly) not only the amazing art, but inspiration for a fantasy world through their work. Several icons are used from the GuildWars game for their clear evocative style.

[tab]Some of the songs heard in this mod are from the Eclipse Mod for Half-life 2 and Arcanum. There are also tracks from Might and Magic 7 and Disciples 2. Additionally there are small cuts (5-30 seconds) of songs from Enya and Cirque du Soleil throughout the mod.

[tab]Justin Sweet
[tab]Brom
[tab]Greg Staples
[tab]Jason Engle
[tab]Keith Parkinson
[tab]Don Maitz
[tab]Linda Bergkvist
[tab]Aleksi Briclot

[tab]Rich Douglas- Most of the religion songs and background music
[tab]Arcanum- Several soundtrack songs
[tab]Cirque du Soleil- Many of the leader themes and the title track
[tab]Enya- Most of the religion themes and some of the leader themes

From the readme and the first post in the FfH2 thread:

Thanks!

Grr... all that time scouring threads and it was right there on the download page! :crazyeye:

Thanks!

Grr... all that time scouring threads and it was right there on the download page! :crazyeye:

Not a problem, there are a fair amount of FfH threads around. ;)

is the altar of the luonnatar indicated by a city with a glowing globe above it?
and i forgot to mention-hyborem needs the prophecy mark(even if hell goes away with him, it's just for consitency, with the other high level demons)

The glowing globe is either sign of Hope or Inspiration (I don't remember which), both of which are buildings which mage spells create and which disappear when the caster leaves the city (actually, only if he ends his turn out of the city. You can use him to attack a goblin or something and put him back without consequence. I'm not sure, but I think I have seen at least one of them remain after the caster left when another caster who also had the ability to cast both of these spells remained garrisoned)

What is the grey star I sometimes see on my cities (in the same position the gold star is on my capital)? Never figured that one out.

Also- if I want to just create a custom map, starting from scratch, how would I do that? I'm probably missing something but I can't figure out how to get to the worldbuilder except from inside a game.

Also- if I want to just create a custom map, starting from scratch, how would I do that? I'm probably missing something but I can't figure out how to get to the worldbuilder except from inside a game.
That's pretty much it, but once inside worldbuilder you can reset all the tiles to start from scratch.
One annoying thing when working with ffH worldbuilder is that everytime you open up the file, you may need to go in and delete the extra barrows/ruins that spawn the first turn.

A: In Beyond The Sword, will that have everything in it that Warlords does?
B: press releases on BTS mention corporations-will I be able to found the east india company if i buy BTS?

A: In Beyond The Sword, will that have everything in it that Warlords does?
B: press releases on BTS mention corporations-will I be able to found the east india company if i buy BTS?

You would have to ask Firaxis those questions.

because of the Nda agreement? or you just don't know...and
...theres a place to ask Fireaxis questions???

Theres not really any place to ask Firaxis, you could post in the general discussion any they may respond (doubtful). But I cant answer any questions.

why can't tsunami target cities anymore?

It should be able to, I dont see anything in the code that would keep it from doing so.

Theres not really any place to ask Firaxis, you could post in the general discussion any they may respond (doubtful). But I cant answer any questions.

might i suggest now would be a good time for all the mod developers to pester the heck out of them about a better fix to the resource limit problem, and any other hurdles left in the SDK that you guys are dealing with.

I have a request- admittedly minor, but still an annoying issue.

Is there any way the units can be sorted in worldbuilder to be alphabetical? Or filtered by civ? I am trying to build a scenario and give specific starting units to each civ, but having to move the mouse over every icon until I find the right one is a drag since I don't have most of them memorized yet.

I have a request- admittedly minor, but still an annoying issue.

Is there any way the units can be sorted in worldbuilder to be alphabetical? Or filtered by civ? I am trying to build a scenario and give specific starting units to each civ, but having to move the mouse over every icon until I find the right one is a drag since I don't have most of them memorized yet.

They are currently ordered alphabetically by unitclass, then by unitname. The reason I do this is because that way all the assassins (for example) are together. If they were sorted by unit name when I went to go change assassins i would have to remember to go to the c's and find "chanter" to change too (which invariably i would forget) or if they were sort by civ I would have to go to 21 different places to change things for the different assassin types.

So for now it has to stay as is, sorry.

They are currently ordered alphabetically by unitclass, then by unitname. The reason I do this is because that way all the assassins (for example) are together. If they were sorted by unit name when I went to go change assassins i would have to remember to go to the c's and find "chanter" to change too (which invariably i would forget) or if they were sort by civ I would have to go to 21 different places to change things for the different assassin types.

So for now it has to stay as is, sorry.

maybe you could put a note in the world builder about that?
(so people don't have to sort through the whole thing if they know the unitclass of the unit)

I don't suppose there is a way to add an ability to locate the units, resources, terrains, buildings, etc that you are trying to add in world builder by typing in its name? It might be difficult to change the basic code of the worldbuilder in this way, but it would be greatly appreciated. It is often hard to remember the look of each unit's icon.

Even better would be a filter drop box, so if I select "Malakim" it will only display Malakim units (so I know which is a Malakim worker/warrior/etc)

If that's even possible...

Top Bottom