CTP2 - Which early govnt do you prefer - Republic or Theocracy?

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
I just started playing this game again and am really enjoying it with the latest Apolyton patch.

When I used to play this game in the past, I had always been a Science govnt fan, always going with Monarchy > Republic > Democracy > Corporate Republic > Virtual Democracy.

But I've been reading a few hints and guides, and also with a bit more experience now, I think that growth and production are more important than science in this game.

Now by looking at the Republic vs Theocracy stats, the only difference I could normally see was that Theocracy had more gold, but Republic had more science and production.

However, I also only just noticed another important point - Theocracy only has 75% crime, while Republic has 125%. I did a comparison of the two in my current playthough and found out that due to this, the production difference is actually very minimal, and Theocracy get faster growth plus more gold for rush buys, plus 1 additional happiness per city from the martial law:

(CTRL - Scroll up to make it more readable).

Overall, the main differences seem to be that Republic obviously has a lot more science, but Theocracy is actually a lot more efficient which minimizes the production difference, plus an extra happiness point and more gold.

Theocracy for me until Communism......

Top Bottom