Weirdest moments in grand strategy games?

Civ001

Chieftain
So since Paradox interactive games could have some very weird moments when playing the games I would like to know what were your weirdest grand strategy game moments?

For me it was in Europa Universalis III where in one game France was taking over parts of southern Italy.

I believe this and this has more material than you can ask.

But we don't have a CFC thread for it (although thanks for the links; otherwise I wouldn't have ever seen them since I don't frequent Paradoxplaza).

The weirdest moment for me came in my EUIII Golden Horde game. That would be when I converted the Pope to Islam, and he proceeded to excommunicate me (even though I was also Sunni). Here's the screenshot:

Fortunately, I didn't have to be too worried about Catholic countries declaring war on me by that point.

When, as Germany, in a HOI 3 game, I started the invasion of France. Half way through the campaign, I noticed some armor and infantry units from my new ally helping in the battle.... Soviet Russia! Had no idea how that happened.

In my Darkest Hour game as the USA, Germany invaded Canada in 1940 after annexing France and Denmark.

Top Bottom