What are you guys playing now?

Tried Heroes and Generals.

Tried.

First of all, the game took forever to load. I had to exit and reenter several times and overall it took a half hour before I could reach a screen. When I tried to join a match, I was told there was a 30+ minute wait, so I left again. Came back and I instantly get into a match, only to see gameplay is pretty much just Red Orchestra but more boring, uglier, with less-inspired maps, and poor sound effects.

I do not recommend.

On the other hand, picked up Loadout after a long hiatus and realized that stock assault rifle is pretty godly.

Playing Unturned, its pretty fun. It is a lot more fun than DayZ ever was. Plus it is free.

I was also playing Cook, Serve, Delicious which I got in the weekyl Humble Bundle, pretty fun too!

Neat Weekly Bundle.

Turbo Dismount is surprisingly fun.

Also playing Spintires (well, a bit of the tech demo while I wait for the game itself to finish DLing)

After Shadowrun, I'm playing through the new evil UPlay-plagued Might and Magic X Legacy. I've heard the alphas and early versions were terrible. This version of the game that I'm playing now is pretty decent actually... but only if you've ever played and enjoyed this style of first-person party-based old-style RPG though. It's pretty true to the older games. The outdoors regions are a bit jarring though by virtue of being so small "Go to this faraway dungeon!", then you step out of town and you see it just over there.

I've run into an annoying bug where combat music doesn't stop when combat's over, then every time you get into a new combat a new combat track starts and stacks with the previous one, until it's a mess of noise. Great.

All in all, if you've ever played through any of the Might and Magic or Wizardry games (or more recently Legend of Grimrock) , I don't see why you wouldn't like that one. The story is alpha-boring though. Just the typical fantasy fare. I really wish people would get a bit more imaginative with these settings. Gosh. Duurh dragons, spiders in sewers, bandits, evil mages, elves in the forest, scottish dwarves.

One of the things I liked during character creation (probably just because it was different!) is that each race has its set of three classes, and they're limited to that race. So for instance only orcs can be shaman, only humans can be crusaders, only dwarves can be runelords, only elves can be rangers. In the end, most races have a version of the typical archetype (human sorcerer, orc shaman and dwarf runelords), but they're different enough to make it interesting I find. Example, the elf "fighter" is a bladedancer; he's going to do melee damage and have decent defenses, but he's not gonna be your shield-bearing dwarf defender style tank that's for sure.

I'm playing Far Cry 3 and loving it so far. Also replaying XCOM with the Enemy Within expansion.

Thinking about getting some mods to play for a civilization IV

I'd recommend Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn. :)

As for me, I just bought Democracy 3, with both DLCs, from GOG. The UK electorate were not particularly sold on my liberal policies (despite benefiting greatly from them), so I took my ideas to Canada and forged a liberal, green utopia there over a process of 16-20 years. :p

I've been playing Tomb Raider. It's actually really good. There's a good amount of additional content to do alongside the main story and the exploration and platforming feels really well done. The combat occasionally feels a bit jerky but it's still fun. Headshotting with a bow and arrow is a nice feeling and I like how the enemies react to what you are doing, "SHE'S GOT AN EFFING MACHINE GUN!!"

Friend introduced me to Robocraft.

Minecraft meets Lego meets World of Tanks. It's pretty great.

I bought all the dlc to defense grid over the summer sale and I'm just getting into it. I finished resurgence getting golds on all the campaign modes. Haven't done the challenges yet. I did have to youtube one level that stupid roundabout one.

The level designs are pretty awesome and well varied, I just miss some of the progression from the original campaign in terms of towers and upgrades. Some of the early levels were much tougher because you didn't have access to certain towers and unlocking other towers made you try and use them right then.

Now everything is available but I still end up building ~80% gun towers. They seem to be the best in nearly every situation, it's kind of boring. I hope the sequel gets a little more varied, either nerfing guns or buffing like lasers so they don't just suck against shields as well as adding more tower types.

Edit: I might have spoke too soon, the resurgence campaign had all techs unlocked but the containment one starts over. I am liking it!

I got this new game called Eidolon yesterday. It's very much like Proteus but it has some fun basic survival elements in it and it encompasses western Washington state so it's absolutely massive compared to the small island you're relegated to in Proteus. My current playthrough, I started off somewhere in what I think was Enumclaw and found a map that showed where the highway was and the direction to Bellevue and Olympia. Found the highway and wandered through the ruins of Seattle and reached the Canadian border before i had the thought to see how far into the mountains I could go before hitting the cold weather barrier. It's just a nice and simple wandering simulation where you literally can go for hours and hours into the wilderness.

Link to video.

Jumping around quite a bit lately. I've started a few games in my backlog recently, including Banished (only got about 8 months in before a graphics-caused crash, but before then the tension of a decreasing food surplus was becoming noticeable), Papers Please (got sent to the gulag after about 5 days :(, will try again), and Half-Life: Decay (also had a graphics-caused crash... my confidence in my GPU has decreased somewhat).

I've also done some EU:IV after playing it significantly less during July than April -> June, and decided to give HOI III one more game with the last expansion, which is still early on (this time as the USA, who I haven't played before).

And tonight I had an itch to play Civ4, so I did. My last four games have gone like so:

- Last July, play as Zulu, do well, get rich by corporations, start conquering world in early 1900s, nuke my soon-to-be-conquered foe without really needing to, feel kinda bad about it, decide I've conquered enough and leave the game there.
- January, play as Rome in Realism Invictus, go on a conquering spree with legions (and a few auxilia), take Gaul, Greece, and Anatolia, get pulverized against Aleppo, take Jerusalem, get tired of legionaries being outclassed in 900 AD (but still refuse to upgrade); leave game in mid-900s with a goal of conquering Carthage next. Way behind actual Roman timelines, but over 180 Imperial Legions were built. Might resume but it's a bit of a slog.
- Spring; play as Arabia on a random map, poor start. Struggle to but eventually do conquer my aggressive Mongol neighbors; Ottomans totally dominate overall and win.
- This game; play as Maya for perhaps the first time in Civ4. Corner Korea into a small northern arctic zone; mostly corner Germany into a southwestern corner and use a short war to enforce that; currently in 390 BC and first in land area (out of 18), though poor due to maintenance. Shaka is my other neighbor and my friend, because you can always trust the Zulu in Civ4.

Been putting some time into Robocraft.

Fun fun fun.

Been putting some time into Robocraft.

Fun fun fun.

Robocraft is crazy fun, but I'm such a potato at designing things. It sucks that the game automatically saves changes you make to vehicles since, as far as I know, there's no way to start a blank slate without clearing one of the starting vehicles.

Also lul plasma spam.

I have this awesome idea for a fully-reusable CSM in KSP, but I uninstalled the old 0.23 version and I don't have the mods installed to make it in 0.24.

In other news, I have been trying to learn how to play Civ5.

I have this awesome idea for a fully-reusable CSM in KSP, but I uninstalled the old 0.23 version and I don't have the mods installed to make it in 0.24.

In other news, I have been trying to learn how to play Civ5.
I've been playing a lot of Civ 5 the past week. For some reason I've mostly been browsing r/civ instead of the Civilization forum I have over ten thousand posts on. :lol: (It's likely because reddit is a lot more convenient to browse on my phone than CFC.)

My biggest gripe is that diplomacy is so much worse than in Civ 4.

no stupid doomstacks with everything in it maybe?

Played banished, becomes boring very quickly with very little to do

Top Bottom