The "I Got A New Game!" Thread

Just bought SoC. Impressed so far, and I can't wait to start exploring the darkest parts of the Zone. (I have only just gained access to Garbage.) Unfortunately, I'm a bit busy of late so I can't play it too much.

I got the Xcom pack via Steam.
Good memories. Although quite dated, UFO defense is still very enjoyable.

Fable II.

Pretty good so far, but I'm having trouble trying to find side-quests, considering there are 'loads' of them to do...

The SimCityBox!

My first fix since SC2000. Societies strikes me as a pretty interesting game with it's playing card and achievements style of play, except it'd be better if like SC4, your cities could interact.

Dead Space: Was a huge skeptic but I saw the universal acclaim this game was getting and decided to pick it up.

My god, what a fantastic game!

Did you soil your pants? I almost did while watching some walkthrough to see what the game was like.

At first I jumped a few times but you start to get used to it after awhile. Now, every room you go into and every "dead" body you see, you begine to expect things to jump out at you. You start to approach things more cautiously which is actually what Issac would do in those situations.

After the first few levels, the only thing to actually "get" me is when I was at an upgrade bench. Once I exited the upgrade menu, a necromorph appeared right behind me.

I got the game that was on sale for $4.99 on Steam this weekend, The Ship.

Gameplay wise, it could use a bit of work to fix a few things. Its still quite fun and has a great concept behind it. Basically, you are given the name of a person, and have to hunt them down and kill them without getting caught by security cameras, guards, and witnesses, while at the same time someone else is hunting you.

I'm thinking of buying Dead Space, as I've read some ace reviews. How long is the game roughly? I try to make my games last long, and I don't want to have completed it in one night? I'm more than willing to replay on harder difficulties if that's what it takes.

Got the EU III Complete pack, installing as we speak. :)

Spore.. damn that was a mistake :(

Spore.. damn that was a mistake :(

I feel your pain. I can't even give the game away to my younger sister - a fan of the sims series - because there isn't internet at our parents' house! At least it wasn't too expensive.

I'm thinking of buying Dead Space, as I've read some ace reviews. How long is the game roughly? I try to make my games last long, and I don't want to have completed it in one night? I'm more than willing to replay on harder difficulties if that's what it takes.

There is a hard difficulty. I'm playing on medium and even at medium you won't beat it in one night. Expect to be killed frequently. Enemies just surprise you sometimes by dropping from vents in the ceiling. You can't really anticipate these. Also expect to die a few times because of the confined nature of the game. You can't exactly run and escape all the time because the doors lock during some fights. It's not like Call of Duty where I can be on the brink of death, backtrack and just stay there for a while to heal. BTW, no healing without med packs in this game.

I finished this over 4.5 nights. My attention span is not very good so for me to finish a game like this says a lot about the quality of the game. I highly recommend this.

Hah. I was the probably only poor soul on the internet to actually think that from the beginning. :p Cartoonish graphics and poor gameplay seemed like a total disappointment even before trying it at all.

Hah. I was the probably only poor soul on the internet to actually think that from the beginning. :p Cartoonish graphics and poor gameplay seemed like a total disappointment even before trying it at all.

The thing is, if Maxis played their cards right they could have created a truly revolutionary game. Shame they decided to opt for ridiculous gameplay. And the idea of releasing expansions is laughable at best.

Nope, I was very excited first but became more and more sceptic during the development process.
When the first real previews about Spore came out I was pretty sure it wouldn't be much more than a collection of minigames.

On topic: Actually I didin't want to buy a new game during the semester but today I saw at a store that they're now selling Bioshock for 10€.
Couldn't say no to that deal.

Top Bottom