Extinct Animals

Yeah, but the tapir unit in the database looks like it could be a predecessor to the Macrauchenia, even if it actually isn't. This suggests that in an 'Evolution' mod, for example, the Tapir could be plausibly used as an early Mammal type, which upgrades to Macrauchenia, which then upgrades to dog/horse/elephant... it's all about suggesting the real evolutionary paths without having to actually make each & every step. You've probably already thought of that.

Heresy. :crazyeye: But you can't do an even-remotely realistic evolution mod in Civ-III, so I guess that's a way to do it. I'd strongly advise to do something along the lines : (a) choose a specific modern family and give that Civilization every related unit from the chosen ancestor to the modern final unit or (b) choose a specific extinct family and give that Civilization every descendant. Either way, that's a lot of work.

By the way, I'm not planning such a mod, I'm not sure it would be fun to play, these are just a few thoughts on the subject. :lol:

You're the King of this type of modeling, no doubt.

methinks that if you would have the bison 3d object you could easily remix a lot of new animals like the extinct long horn bison, the ur, and so on on....i would have some need for a gaur (bos gaurus), the largest animal in the cow family, and the gaurus will fit very well in the asian mod made by shiro...maybe you spend some time with this...it would be formidable....:)

I'm not a modeler so I'm limited to what model I have and what tricks I can use to modify it. Some models are great for it, some can barely be animated anyway. I'm not planning any Bovinae. Tom might be more inclined to.

So I guess at some point you'll reduce your Kongs down to real-world size.....? We don't have any apes or gorillas as yet, though there is a Yeti somewhere....

I'm not planning it. King Kong (even my 1933 version) wasn't animated like a real gorilla would move. I guess if someone really needs a Gorilla gorilla, it would make a good substitute. Anyone can resize it, with SBB or manually to a more suitable size - they've got my blessing.

The bison was made by Tom. So was the Water Buffalo, from which the Bison was made. Tom has also made (among others) a cow & pig, but no boar or (alas!) Longhorn Cattle (so I'm using the water buffaloes as longhorns in my Western Mod).

Mind you, my question about apes was rhetorical in intention; I'm not actually asking for any unit to be made, just sorta noting that the prehistoric unit lines are moving in that direction...

Mind you, my question about apes was rhetorical in intention; I'm not actually asking for any unit to be made, just sorta noting that the prehistoric unit lines are moving in that direction...

Of course, but I'm sure Blue Monkey's Dark Continent would be nice with regular sized primates at some point. :)

what i meant is that certain modpacks would have made a greater impact if seconded by a short animal line to flavour locally the geographical area.

supa, don't get me wrong each creator has his own tempo, he needs time to think, to understand, to refine his creation mentally....i know that, i am an architect. but everytime i see a very good unit, like the last two u have posted, my thoughts begin to fly and i immagne things that only stress the forumers around here. accept my appologies.

all i have to say is: Well done, again! i may be mistaken, but i think these guys make an appearance in at least one of the Ice Age movies. plus since there are mammoth, sabre-tooth cats, i think there is a chipmunk... any way, off topic.

SUPA-sweet units
JERRY-soem ur ideas may inspire someone, so don't bottle 'em up.

Thanks, Jord. You're right, there were a few Macrauchenias in Ice Age 2.
I thought so!:king:

jord, thanks :)
Ur welcome ;)

Another job well done by SUPER KELLS!! UP UP and Awaaay.....

now there's an idea'r Superheroes! :eek:oops, off topic again. :crazyeye:

but seriously, lets have fun and only get frustrated when the spearmen destroys your favorite tank. :mad:

I request a chariot pulled by a macrauchenia.

Spoiler :
There can also be macrauchenia in the chariot.

aww!:mad: now i got everyone unit requesting on this thread. :eek: please dont't hate me :sad:

:cry:

:crazyeye:

Top Bottom