Crusader Kings 2

I had dreamt that the new CKII expansion was either expanding the map to China (not good, in my opinion, despite what a lot of the PI fans may think), or some artsy fartsy mish mash. Probably not either, I'm guessing.

On the CKII reddit some folks linked to a French site that leaked the new expansion early, it's apparently called "Charlemagne" and is another timeline expansion backwards, I'm guessing to somewhere between the mid 700s to 800. I'll hold my breath until the official announcement, but if this is true I'm gonna be kind of disappointed, I wasn't looking to yet another timeline expansion.

On the CKII reddit some folks linked to a French site that leaked the new expansion early, it's apparently called "Charlemagne" and is another timeline expansion backwards, I'm guessing to somewhere between the mid 700s to 800. I'll hold my breath until the official announcement, but if this is true I'm gonna be kind of disappointed, I wasn't looking to yet another timeline expansion.

Clearly the goal of CK2 is to eventually run from 335 to 1444.

Well, the announcement is in just a few hours, but that doesn't sound like "the biggest expansion yet" or however it was billed.

Clearly the goal of CK2 is to eventually run from 335 to 1444.

335? Pah, not ambitious enough. Why not 0 to 1453?

Well, the announcement is in just a few hours, but that doesn't sound like "the biggest expansion yet" or however it was billed.

For the large expansions, they'd have to throw in a timeline or map expansion to make it worthwhile in their eyes I'm guessing but I'm assuming it'll include a lot of other new features alongside the timeline expansion - or, rather, claim to, I agree with you that "Charlemagne" doesn't sound like a big expansion. At this point it appears they're not interested in filling the gaps between 867 and 1066, and the only plausible place to add new provinces within the existing map is either central Africa or the Tarim basin....

Eh, we'll see what all the hoolooboolah is about in a few hours.

It might be fake.
I hope it is because the last thing CK2 needs is more Karlings.

Don't forget the Muslim blobiphate!

It's not that I necessarily disagree with the shifted timeline, but it's already hard enough to go from Old Gods start to something that vaguely resembles 1066 already. And before people get up in arms, I'm not saying it has to be linear historical A -> historical B, but rather that historical B should be at least one of the likely outcomes of A and it isn't.

Welp, CKII: Charlemagne confirmed. Didn't tell us a lot that the leak already did, but a few things:

- Start date is 767/768 (forgot which)
- Some sort of story-driven elements for Charlemagne, I'm guessing that means some RPG events and stuff for Charlemagne, could work if they do it right, although this alone probably wouldn't be enough for a $20 expansion
- Customizable kingdoms and empires - dunno what this means

Pretty sure they said 769, actually.

Player-defined de jure kingdom/empire boundaries would be my guess.

After all, it's not like it was a specific empire before someone held it and made it.

After all, it's not like it was a specific empire before someone held it and made it.

That's what titular titles are for. Allowing the player to designate his own boundaries doesn't sound like a fantastic idea.

All right then, customizable titulars? I'm really not sure.

Player-defined de jure kingdom/empire boundaries would be my guess.

It's probably gonna be more than that, and more than just customizable COAs and colors or any sort of thing like that - that sort of stuff would be a minor DLC, it's important enough that they've put it on as one of the major features.

I'm guessing it's some sort of policy-related thing, how empires are organized and stuff like that, as people have been asking for ways to make empire management more unique and so on.

meh this is probably going to be more in line with some of the earlier xps. probably $5-10 unless they had something crazy but haven't announced yet, like cadet branches.
Johan is on record for stating it's going to be $20. It's going to be a major release.

Top Bottom