Help determining if my pokemon games are legit

Magma_Dragoon

Reploid
My brother is getting back from a year long trip overseas soon, and I thought getting the remakes of RBY on gba would be some good nostalgia powered good time fuel. Turns these are the most pirated games of the most pirated franchise ever, so now I'm concerned. There is alot of conflicting information as to what a real FRLG cartridge should look like, apparently there were several production runs with different components.

LG
Front has imprinted into the sticker
00A
E4
correct seal and product code
above the pins
VDD circled 1 circled Nintendo AGB-E02-30 GND

FR
sticker has come off which is very suspicious, but I've had games where the sticker sloughs off a bit and I just have to ocd scrape the rest off
above pins is
VDD (MB) circled Nintendo AGB-E02-30 GND

Otherwise both appear identical. The battery in both is black or very dark blue rectangle. Circuitry visible through the back is identical that of a legit copy. Casings are the correct color, transparency, and have correct markings.

Both games came with a save with 0:00 time, full pokedex, full inventory, and boxes filled with shiny versions of all the non legendary pokemon, plus a shiny celebi and mew. I've read there was a way in Emerald to get a celebi that could be legit shiny and it was cloned out the wazoo. Nearly every pokemon has the id 19874. Some have an ot of 10 ANIV, which I know is the name on the 10th anniversary promo distributions.

Those saves make me very uneasy, but then again, why hack in a shiny mew and celebi but not a shiny zapdos? Maybe this is someone who was way into this and knew some cloners 10 years ago and now his mom sold his old junk?

The problem is that I'm not certain that these markings and game state are legitimate. I know that FRLG have the remember feature where a new game remembers the 4 most important things of the last game. Would that mean starting with 14 bins full of pokemon and full pokedex? And ofc if anyone with a legit copy can confirm those markings are correct.

Uh, um... why do you care if the games are legit if you already purchased them? Do they work?

Well, it can be nice to know if the copies are legit or not even if they work fine (I hope they do, the copy of Advanced Wars I bought in Mexico doesn't frakin save).

Thats because you bought a pirated copy ! :lol:
The best game on the GBA hands down.

Run an emulator, christ its 2014.

That's what I was thinking lol. Also your games might not be pirated, the save battery might be fried. I bought a golden sun (I think it was golden sun, some rpg for gba) off amazon used and it wouldn't save. I looked up the issue online and I guess they have these watch batteries in them to store the save states and they can go bad after years and years.

Top Bottom