Rise from Erebus 1.30 Bug Thread

Moin,

played with Khazad, round 320. Crashed when Bambur was attacked by a barbarian (cernunnos) Hillgiant...:sad: I reloaded it and the crash did not repeat itself.

Modmen... please make the game stable. Don't put so much stuff in it but make it stable. I don't need ten more civs, a lot of items or crazy launchers but a game that is stable. Don't loose yourself in details but work on the main and most important issue: stability. No crashes. Don't want to put riavalty in game but look at wm or orbis. Both very stable. Rife: the modmod with a lot of very good ideas and concepts but every game a crash. 100%.

So far I will continue "testing" untill the stable version will come out - 1.4, 1.5, 2.0???

Greez,

Tschuggi
You played 320 turns, it's already way more stable than the previous version.

That said, we're doing our best. And we will add things, we're not simply janitors, we also get ideas sometimes...

reconquered a newly founded city which had been taken over by loki now it has the maximum integer value as culture and is instantly legendary :D

Another OOS from a Scorpion clan archer. Using ranged attacks on my city defenders this time.
Didn't have any problems earlier when Ogres were doing the same thing.

reconquered a newly founded city which had been taken over by loki now it has the maximum integer value as culture and is instantly legendary :D
Save?

Moin,

playing with sidar, researched "message of the deep", finished it and got a thane of kilmorph:confused: no zealot, no message of the deep...

Tschuggi:scan:

P.S.: Playing standard size map (erebus continent).
Known weird bug we're trying to figure out :)

I have to echo that this version is much more stable than 1.23 and there doesn't appear to be the massive slowdown between turns like before.

I did however get one CTD when I was exploring and ran into this humongous bird or griffin or something. I should have done a screenshot. It honestly filled my screen, which shook a bit, then I was kicked out to Windows. Now, that is one hell of a unit!

One other thing: what is up with the Balseraph Freaks in this version. When I build one it has only that green 'mutate' icon, but no other mutations. I have kept them around awhile as Freaks, promoted them to Swordmen/Hunters, and nothing happens.

Love the free Mimics I got early on from lairs!

The Freaks only have the mutated promotion because that is all that is visible; mutations are now handled by hidden stacking promotions. Hover over the mutated icon, and the tooltip should tell you what effects you got.

Moin,

played with Khazad, round 320. Crashed when Bambur was attacked by a barbarian (cernunnos) Hillgiant...:sad: I reloaded it and the crash did not repeat itself.

Modmen... please make the game stable. Don't put so much stuff in it but make it stable. I don't need ten more civs, a lot of items or crazy launchers but a game that is stable. Don't loose yourself in details but work on the main and most important issue: stability. No crashes. Don't want to put riavalty in game but look at wm or orbis. Both very stable. Rife: the modmod with a lot of very good ideas and concepts but every game a crash. 100%.

So far I will continue "testing" untill the stable version will come out - 1.4, 1.5, 2.0???

Greez,

Tschuggi

Sorry, if I sound offensive but I think this needs to be said:

I can't believe my eyes, you run into a non-persistent CTD at turn 320 and you're complaining about stability?

That's more stable than most commercial games I've ever played and certainly more stable than any other mod known to me. And I know a lot of mods.

The Rife team is investing their own time to bring us this mod completely free of charge despite our seemingly endless complains over CTDs, animals etc. and now that they have finally give us a version which is easily on par with a commercial release your complaining about a single crash at turn 320 which didn't even force you to abandon your game? Sorry, but I just can understand what you are thinking. I'm certainly no patriot, I neither like nor dislike my home country, but this is the first time I've ever felt embarrassed of being German.

bug:
had a poisoned scout who just couldnt explore the graveyard he stood on. 3 turns later a clan warrior explored it(i'll see if i can reproduce it)

I had a scout, not poisoned (at least I don't think he was), who had the same problem. No matter how many times I clicked the fully lit explore button, it wouldn't pop. I waited a turn and was able to pop it.

I can't believe my eyes, you run into a non-persistent CTD at turn 320 and you're complaining about stability?

That's more stable than most commercial games I've ever played and certainly more stable than any other mod known to me. And I know a lot of mods.

The Rife team is investing their own time to bring us this mod completely free of charge despite our seemingly endless complains over CTDs, animals etc. and now that they have finally give us a version which is easily on par with a commercial release your complaining about a single crash at turn 320 which didn't even force you to abandon your game? Sorry, but I just can understand what you are thinking. I'm certainly no patriot, I neither like nor dislike my home country, but this is the first time I've ever felt embarrassed of being German.

I agree completely with this. In 1.23 I once played through a game only to have it CTD 100% repeatedly. So I moved onto another game. It also crashed about 200-300 turns in. So I started another one. Guess what? It crashed. Permanently. So I started another game. It crashed too.

1.3 is sooooo much better it's amazing. With my autosave every single turn, so long as the CTD is unrepeatable I am thrilled.

One other thing: what is up with the Balseraph Freaks in this version. When I build one it has only that green 'mutate' icon, but no other mutations. I have kept them around awhile as Freaks, promoted them to Swordmen/Hunters, and nothing happens.

Mouse over the mutate icon. It will show you what the effects of the mutation are. Rather than giving you a bunch of other promotions it has a random effect, all of which will be encompassed in the single icon. Much more tidy, I like it.

D'Teshi fort commanders on autocast essentially get free XP per turn. Mine are levelling up pretty quickly, for not having had any units sacrificed whatsoever. :p

Quantitatively, I just checked on one unit, and it had gone from 5.12 xp to 5.28 xp, just for having cast Flayed Flesh on nothing at all.

I've started a handful of games on ErebusContinent - standard settings - and played one through to around the Iron Working stage. No crashes yet. I haven't tried the Erebus PerfectWorld script yet.

A question re Haunted Lands. I had a few tiles of them in my empire, and wanted to clear them in my Elohim game so I assumed that once I researched Sanitation (which allows 'Clear Jungle) I'd be able to take them out. However, my worker doesn't get an option to Clear Jungle when on the tile. Not sure if its a bug or if it's intended that there's now no way to clear HL.

Glad to hear it's stable and that the map is working for you. Trying to figure out why they aren't working for some players.

Haunted Lands are cleared by Dispel Magic, IIRC.

Moin,

Greez,

Tschuggi

Alright, enough of this. I've been polite thus far.

This is mod is worked on free of charge. We do this because we enjoy it, not because we are paid, not because we have to. And I truly enjoy knowing that people are having fun playing a game that I am helping to create. But posts like this annoy the hell out of me. We put a massive amount of work into stability for this version; Compared to the last, it is night and day. You received one crash, 300 turns in, that was non-repeatable. That is not something to complain about, honestly. Were it a purchased game, maybe, but a free, actively developed mod? No.

tschuggi please stop complaining...

bug:
arcane laguna cast on turn 1

had a poisoned scout who just couldnt explore the graveyard he stood on. 3 turns later a clan warrior explored it(i'll see if i can reproduce it)

a stag wakes up nearby units

If you can get a save that reliably reproduces the exploration issue, that would be helpful. :lol:

I'll check on the rest.

Hi guys,

so I'll keep it short (sry for my english):

- deleted the old RifE folder completely

- installed 1.3 via it's exe-file (changed from german to english within, just to be sure)

- used launcher

got this:

- tried to blindly skip through the setup

- entered game

- got this:

De- and reinstalling the mod doesn't help at all :(

I don't even know, where this german descriptions came from :crazyeye:

Could anyone provide some tipps here? :confused::cry:

As they said, you have to set the language for the game itself to English, not the installer.

I have to echo that this version is much more stable than 1.23 and there doesn't appear to be the massive slowdown between turns like before.

I did however get one CTD when I was exploring and ran into this humongous bird or griffin or something. I should have done a screenshot. It honestly filled my screen, which shook a bit, then I was kicked out to Windows. Now, that is one hell of a unit!

Glad it's stable for you. And yes, it should be quite a bit faster, particularly end game.

Roc. Need to sanitize it's art a bit... Scaled way too high.

The Mutated promo is all that is visible, the other effects are hidden. They are dynamically generated, meaning every mutation is different; Simply mouse over the Mutated promo to get a list of the effects on the unit.

My earlier bug reports about multiplayer OOS wasn't entirely accurate. I only got a first turn OOS three times, it hasn't happened since.

Although most barbarian units don't cause OOS when they use ranged attacks, twice in my current game, I've gotten one immediately after a Scorpion Clan uses a ranged attack on one of my fort commanders.

Another OOS from a Scorpion clan archer. Using ranged attacks on my city defenders this time.
Didn't have any problems earlier when Ogres were doing the same thing.

Hmm... Wonder why scorpion archers would cause it, and others wouldn't? Do you and the other players have logs enabled? If so, they may be helpful.

It'll actually grow back out of legendary. Problem is it became negative, and so wrapped around to the highest value. :lol: Known issue, just need to fix it.

Moin,

playing with sidar, researched "message of the deep", finished it and got a thane of kilmorph:confused: no zealot, no message of the deep...

Tschuggi:scan:

P.S.: Playing standard size map (erebus continent).

Yep, aggravating issue that popped up a few days before release. Thought we fixed it, apparently did not.

:goodjob:

Also: Don't be embarrassed of being German. If nothing else, I'm half-German. :lol: Mother is from Zweibrücken.

I had a scout, not poisoned (at least I don't think he was), who had the same problem. No matter how many times I clicked the fully lit explore button, it wouldn't pop. I waited a turn and was able to pop it.

I agree completely with this. In 1.23 I once played through a game only to have it CTD 100% repeatedly. So I moved onto another game. It also crashed about 200-300 turns in. So I started another one. Guess what? It crashed. Permanently. So I started another game. It crashed too.

1.3 is sooooo much better it's amazing. With my autosave every single turn, so long as the CTD is unrepeatable I am thrilled.

Do you have a save that can duplicate the explore issue?

And glad to hear it's stable. :goodjob:

Are Marshes and Jungles supposed to be able to displace other structures for the Mazatl?

What do you mean, other structures? Features, terrains, or improvements?

Mouse over the mutate icon. It will show you what the effects of the mutation are. Rather than giving you a bunch of other promotions it has a random effect, all of which will be encompassed in the single icon. Much more tidy, I like it.

Glad you like it. ;)

Honestly, it's only half implemented. Only the Dynamic Mutation aspect is in. The rest will come soon.

Oh, I can help you on that one. I was wondering too until I mouseovered the mutated promotion, which will show you what buffs and debuffs the unit has. Much neater this way instead of 5 different ability icons imo. :)

D'Teshi fort commanders on autocast essentially get free XP per turn. Mine are levelling up pretty quickly, for not having had any units sacrificed whatsoever. :p

Quantitatively, I just checked on one unit, and it had gone from 5.12 xp to 5.28 xp, just for having cast Flayed Flesh on nothing at all.

All fort commanders gain that. They gain 0.25 xp a turn, up to 100. It's not from the spell.

Oh, I can help you on that one. I was wondering too until I mouseovered the mutated promotion, which will show you what buffs and debuffs the unit has. Much neater this way instead of 5 different ability icons imo. :)

I actually added the ability for promotions to have python-generated help text specifically for the mutation system. :lol:

Though it's also used by the D'teshi and Mechanos affinity systems, and by the Mekaran augmentation effects.

Is there any sort of log generated when you get a crash to desktop, or any information to get at that point that would be helpful? I've been actually having a few stability problems- not major, but more then it seems most people in the thread are. They don't seem to bug my save games, and I'm not running out of memory... it's just, zoom, crash, blink, reload, and it's all good. Not sure what to do here.

(Oh, and thanks for the info about the clock being in game, Valkrionn! I feel like an idiot for not having noticed that earlier.)

Didn't read the whole thread but I was goofing around with Abashi and discovered rinwell island.
I tried to claim it but the whole game just crashes, tried multiple times.
After destroying some civs my game suddenly became crash free. I was happy :)
too bad it ended while ago :(
I will start a marathon game now..

Sorry, Marshes and Jungles (but mostly marshes) have been displacing my improvements. I have to keep moving my shapers around, removing marshes and rebuilding improvements. It's not terrible, since Jungles aren't bad, but it is tedious.
Thanks for all the work you've done with the game. It rocks.

Top Bottom