TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

>redacted<

Please do not troll here Gamez. OOC rivalries shouldn't enter games :(

My Advice for Chrisos-Since I have known you a bit and understand your desire for aggrandizing power and overt aggression, I have just a few NPCs which I feel will reflect such desires perfectly.
Byzantinos Kingdom
It's Greekish. It has a large army. It has a pet horde. It came about from a civil war/coup, and it can still salvage its position before Atyria truely takes over.
Vanassi Kingdom
It's down but it's not out. It has a strong (Barbaric) ally. And it has a secret weapon for use in battle.
One of the Egyptian or Nile States
Come and rock the boat! Despots, Theocrats, and Autocrats desired!
Koyulun
Keres and Katan both thrive on conquest and deviousness. Not sure if Luckymoose is still here for Katan or not, but the Settlers of Katan have not yet succeded in colonizing any islands. :)p)

For fresh nations. I'd prefer you to develop the barbarians instead of opening truely fresh ground. Here are some places where I think you'd like.
Frenks (Central France)
They're warlike, they're advancing, and they have a perfect target (s), depending on where you want to start.
Nipponese, Japan
There are other Bronze-Age clans to the west of the Katos which you can unify. Similar culture due to migration, but there can be very different societies due to mountains and rivers.

You are going to have some competition in Japan christos. Just be forewarned.

Axum Diplomacy
to Axume:
How far east do your traders go?
Hormn and Xiras, city states on the route to Mesopotamia around Arabia (that has only become travalable since Sana emerged). How far North do your traders go and what nations exist there?

To:
Ethiopians: Join us! We have :gold: to bribe you with! But remember, if you do not accept our kind and resonable offer, we may be foced to send troops to ensure the stability of your region, which is an important source of goods...

From Friendly Eithiopians
We don't care much for the money! Well, not directly. We want to participate in your growing nation as merchants and citizens!

From Traditional Ethiopians
Keep your cursed gold! Your soul-defiling opiate! Money is the root of all evil! Stay out of our way and we won't make you not able to get in our way ever again.

Spoiler To Dakinsa :

From Daretokimas
Victory is nigh! Keep your Macemen in the frontlines and we will crack them like an egg!
We have already returned several provinces to you, and will repay your generous donation with our victory!

From Vanassi
Don't be fooled! We have a secret weapon forged from the stars themselves. Strike Daretokimas when you have the chance, and we will share our secrets to you.

Spoiler To Aramya :

From Hormun and Xiras
Your grasping paws annoy us. Cease your begging!

From the Sirian Empire
That was... rather annoying. Again, will you divide Hyak peacefully with us, or do we have to teach reason to this set of God Kings the way we taught those form the Nile?

From Phoenicia
Please stop fighting. It is bad for trade.

Spoiler Thebes :

From Tos-Getha
We are willing to return all except for Aswan in return for you to send your Egyptian chariots against the Napatan scum.

From Napata
Interesting. What do you have planned?

From Anor
Damietta and Abydos are trying to establish monopolies on Egyptian trade through their lands and to the beyond! We should punish them!

From Abydos
Let's make an alliance and safeguard the south for the betterment of all who are egyptian.

From Damietta
Anor's pleas are becoming increasingly amusing. Let's crush them before more of my viziers die of choking on their laughter.

Spoiler To Ctesiphod :

From the Bloodfyres
MURDER DEATH KILL!

From Mediolaun
As much as I distrust you, we must work together to be rid of those faithful scum.

From Longbeards
Mediolaun was right! Great plunder abound! Surrender Corsca and we will let your people evacuate. We want to settle the city and invade those Zirilists.

From Sparta
Many thanks! However, the Zirilists are still hounding our southern coves. Can you help us get rid of them? I don't really like water...

Spoiler To Toras-Noth :

From Krete
Destroy the Sardinians! DESTROY THEM!

From the Longbeards
Pay us off with 2ep, or we will come after you next.

From Slaves
*increasingly loud grumbling*

From Aegean Pirates
Hey, keep the pressure off and we will give you plenty of slaves.

From Sparta
Get off, or we'll make you! Take your flaming b*tch else where, because she's not welcome in Exnot's realm!

Spoiler Sardinia :

From Coastal Iberians
Well stop pirating if you will stop destroying our fishing fleets. Deal?

From Inland Iberians
You think you can just bribe our principles... well it worked... but not enough! We have a real city now, haha!

From Provence
Be Faithful, a friendly and an absolutely not bloodthirsty religion!

From Kretans
We want to be part of Zirildom!

From Lybians
Intruderssss

From Aegean Pirates
Hey, keep the pressure off and we will give you lots of money.

Spoiler Thloryn :

From Sparta
I though your puny civilization would be defeated by now. Anyway, we still want to kill those Makedonians. Truce?

From Makedonia
Hey, we want to invade Byzantinos for stopping their tribute, but we need a fleet. We're willing to hire yours.

From Byzantinos
There're more pirates to be killed before trade can be truely secured.

From Aegean Pirates
Hey, pay us and we will kill all but your ships, so that all MUST fly the Thloryn flag to trade. Insta-monopoly, no?

@ All
Do you want me to save your orders/PMs, or is it OK for me to delete them?

From Friendly Eithiopians
We don't care much for the money! Well, not directly. We want to participate in your growing nation as merchants and citizens!
Certainly:). We would be happy to accept you as friends and equals!

From Traditional Ethiopians
Keep your cursed gold! Your soul-defiling opiate! Money is the root of all evil! Stay out of our way and we won't make you not able to get in our way ever again.
Really? So you are willing to turn down an opportunity for trade, gold, agruicultre, iron tools, foreign goods and assimilation. Foolish. Stay out of the way of trade, or we will be forced to defend our more resonable allies...

OOC: You can delete my orders. Not answering diplomacy right now, but do I own Corsca? As in, Corsica? Wouldn't that be Sardinian?

OOC: Comenting on Byzantinos Kingdom:
a bit to late for that really. Atyria falls this turn. things are going to become a bit chaotic in the area. and what arrises from it is not likely to be Byzantinos freindly.

and how do I tell the cities on the map from the towns?

“I swear to blood,” spoke stern-faced man with greying temples and uncut hair, “You spend years doing Takarzi’s dirty work and Kabitz still makes a hellhole of this city.”

“It’s always been that way Baragan-bel.” responded his companion, a younger man of similar complexion.

“Yes, but now it’s Kabitz’ hellhole. I can hardly imagine our patron being happy with that, can I Naran-mar?”

“Indeed not, Baragan-bel.”

“Well, seeing Tobe rankling under the heap of Aramyan waste they call a governor simply does not sit well with me.”

“I’d quite like to murder that worthless piece of meat right now!” exclaimed the third, a round-faced figure with sharp green eyes.

“Ah, would that we could do that right now, Shargali-mar. But alas, the time is not yet right.”

“Oh how I hate your plans, Baragan-bel.”

The older man chuckled slightly, the sound grating like weary metal.

“Well young Shargali, when you’ve been around as long as I have you’ll come to find that men who plan last quite a bit longer than those who fail to do so.”

Shargali nodded, but a frown remained on his face.

“It will not be much longer.” Baragan added with a faint smile. His head turned briefly, and when it came back the smile had disappeared, his purposeful mask once again in place.

“It seems that our visitor is taking his leave now. Shall we see him out?”

Naran and Shargali looked over to see a donkey-drawn cart pulling out of the market.

“Definitely, Baragan-bel.”

The trio continued to push their way through the traffic, soon clearing the market. Setting out down the twisting streets of Tobe, the three shadowed the cart, until it had at last cleared the town’s south gate. Baragan took a close look at the masonry as he passed- large cracks had spread across the engraved stonework. He made note of this for later- the ‘heap of waste’ had obviously cut some corners when redistributing the city’s tariffs towards constructing his palatial residence.

The man on the cart stared blankly into the distance as his donkey slowly pulled its load along, until a voice in clearly-enunciated Kitablic broke his reverie.

“Excuse me my good sir, your attention please.”

The cartman turned around and saw two men, curved knives drawn. With a frightened yelp, he spun around and whipped his donkey, only to see the road in front of him blocked by a third man, a wide grin plastered across his face.

“Special offer today. Get off and walk away, and we’ll take your cart for free.”

I will take the Byzantinos Kingdom then.

Soon diplomacy will be coming.
There are a lot of things i must do here in order to make this a real kingdom.

I am a Greek nationalist. If i didnt take Byzantium, what kingdom i would take?

Top Bottom