Old Civ Player having problems with DS version

Toxitalk

Chieftain
Played civ on and off since the origianl Civ (even played it on amiga)

Couple of things that im not sure of due to lack of detailed manual.

1) No senible way to dispand units.?

2) No easy way of seeing what forfied units you have in any city? (You seem to have to activate units before seeing what there is?)

3) Do you have to pay gold support for buildings and units? If so is there a way of seeing the info.

4) In Civ 4, if I dont want to build a build or unit, I can just produce gold, how do I do this?

5) How many cities do you actually need?

Thanks guys

1) True. This is one of the few things unique to the DS version.
2) Also true, and it would suck for people who have lots of different units in their cities, but I only keep one type of unit in my cities at a time, and I only have one or two armies of them.
3) There are no support costs in Civ Rev, but you can see what buildings you have in a city through one of the buttons in the city screen.
4) I don't think so. This is a silly feature (or lack thereof) that they revived from Civ1.
5) Different play-styles call for different amounts. I like to have between 4 and 6 of my own cities, but most strategies will call for a dozen or two cities.

And there is a better manual that you can download, I think it even includes some information not in the 360/PS3 versions of the manual. Here is the file

Played civ on and off since the origianl Civ (even played it on amiga)

Couple of things that im not sure of due to lack of detailed manual.

1) No senible way to dispand units.?
Activate your unit by hovering your curser and pushing the A button. (X Box) Once your unit is activated, push the R3 button. (Push in the Right Analog Stick.) This will produce a dialog box, allowing you to disband your unit(s).

2) No easy way of seeing what forfied units you have in any city? (You seem to have to activate units before seeing what there is?)
By moving your cursor over a city, your fortified units are displayed on the left side of the screen. Alternatively, you can enter your city screen and hold down the left trigger.

3) Do you have to pay gold support for buildings and units? If so is there a way of seeing the info.
No, this was removed for this version of the game.

4) In Civ 4, if I dont want to build a build or unit, I can just produce gold, how do I do this?
No, you can't just focus hammers on gold. Only way to do this would be to have the city build units, which you automatically disbanded after they were built. (Which produces 1/2 gold for every hammer of production to build.

5) How many cities do you actually need?
How much money does one man need? How much fun can one have? I have enjoyed playing games where I played with only one city as much as I have with +30...

Thanks guys

See responses above in blue...

My apologies, I overlooked the bit about the "DS" Version in the OP's thread.
:blush:

Top Bottom