Caveman 2 Cosmos

I just copied new version of C2C, ran a first game and I noticed two things..

1.)Aluminium becomes available after researching mining.. Istn't it too soon?
2.)I'm not sure but if I remember right there was an installation file in previous versions allowing to choose interface color. There is no installer in this version so my question is whether I can switch it somehow manually?

Thx

Sure its actually pretty easy, IF you have AND that is (just dont have it in the same mod area as C2C is all):

Go into the AND assets/modules/Interface Colors, and place this folder in the same spot for C2C.

Then while your in that area there is a file called: MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls;

Change this:
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Interface Colors</Directory>
					<bLoad>0</bLoad>
				</Module>

to this:

Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Interface Colors</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

then change the colors to your hearts content. (But it has to be started before you play a game).

Does anyone know how to ammend the date for advanced starts? I chose an advanced start - Renaissance and the year was 1187 BC. I can't find where to change this anywhere?

What is the latest completely functional version of next war advanced, not a buggy one. The version I have is the one with the theme song "fat bottomed girl." Is there a more advanced one than that, that is as bug free as that version. If so, please post the link to it immediately! I want to play it :)

Bezhukov,
Would you perhaps have a RoM or AND Mod version in your BtS/Mods folder? If you do they will need to be moved outside of the Civ IV/BtS/ Mods path or they interfere with C2C.

Give that a try.

JosEPh :)

Works like a charm.

My god, what a mod. We're nearing the holy grail here.

Actually, it was just teasing me, now its back to black after a nice game played for several hours just to get to where the game usually starts.

Completely deleted AND and Next War, reinstalled, nothing works.

Actually, it was just teasing me, now its back to black after a nice game played for several hours just to get to where the game usually starts.

Completely deleted AND and Next War, reinstalled, nothing works.

I often need a restart after having previously played a game to keep this from happening. Try that. If it doesn't work, there's some more options but see if you can optimize your graphics card a bit - the black terrain is a matter of running out of graphic memory so clearing the cache often works. I've noted that some overlapping graphic files can cause this too but I don't think that would be the problem here...

@lukaslucznik: you may have a bad install. Try deleting it entirely and trying to put it in place all over again. That would be step one anyhow.

@DoubleRD77: should be the one you can download from the first page of this thread.

I often need a restart after having previously played a game to keep this from happening. Try that. If it doesn't work, there's some more options but see if you can optimize your graphics card a bit - the black terrain is a matter of running out of graphic memory so clearing the cache often works. I've noted that some overlapping graphic files can cause this too but I don't think that would be the problem here...

Thx for the reply. So far nothing works - any advice on optimizing the graphics card would be appreciated. It's an ATI Radeon 5700 with 2.7GB total available graphics memory, 1 GB dedicated video memory.

Mod looks amazing - would like to give it a few more spins.

Could you please post a link for all of the builds of this mod. That way we can get the most recent one that has the least amount bugs, until the current one is ironed out a bit more. I am not really computer savvy, so installing these mods for me is a nightmare.

Thx for the reply. So far nothing works - any advice on optimizing the graphics card would be appreciated. It's an ATI Radeon 5700 with 2.7GB total available graphics memory, 1 GB dedicated video memory.

Mod looks amazing - would like to give it a few more spins.

That card uses DX10 or DX11 iirc. You may need to re-install the DX9.0c that came with the BtS install CD. I know it's redundant but it sometimes clears up the Black terrain. Especially considering the Vid card is More than capable of running the graphics.

JosEPh

2 quick questions:
What does the militia mod do? Can't find it on the forums and there is no civopedia entry on it which leads me to my next question,
How difficult is it to add/update the tech stuff and the civopedia stuff? Do you need help?

That card uses DX10 or DX11 iirc. You may need to re-install the DX9.0c that came with the BtS install CD. I know it's redundant but it sometimes clears up the Black terrain. Especially considering the Vid card is More than capable of running the graphics.

JosEPh

Heh, that install CD is long gone. Tried getting it from the web, etc.. nothing working so far. BTW all other mods work fine, so wondering if this is something with CtoC?

Edit: Moved to proper forum/thread

I'm not running on a fully current build so I really can't test it for you. Though from what you said in the other thread, it didn't look like you were running the C2C mod but I know that what that error message states can be deceiving. Have you tried to get the more recent updated dll? From what you say the game is doing, however, I suspect the fix in that dll doesn't cover your problem which is one I haven't seen so I'm not sure how to help since I can't run your game.

I could get an updated file system but I have a lot of other issues to address at the moment.

Oh I was running the C2C mod version Beta 10. I had been playing all afternoon with my grandson watching. He likes strategy's runningman icon, he's 4. And during the end of turn waits he would ask me to make the runningman do things, like run along the roads and dance on units heads and such. lol

It was a bummer when it crashed. And then crashed a 2nd time after doing a reload from a previous save.

I'll try the .dll you posted. It goes in the Mods main assets folder correct?

JosEPh

Joe: yes... and it sounds like there's some hope that the newer dll may fix your issue.

Lukas: meh... I didn't figure it would from what you stated. In fact, you've got a whole new issue to anything I've heard of. I'd say start over. Delete the mod from the mods folder and reinstall the mod from scratch. Then try.

Bez: Have you put the new leaders/civs in the game and are finding it impossible to get rid of the black terrain? Try this: DON'T put the extra civs and LHs in first (just to test things there because somehow you may have a conflict - there was a known problem with the Israeli and Confederate art defines and I'm not sure if your files have that fix nor if it could have even caused this problem for you). Also: open the civ ini file. There is a link to it from the Beyond the Sword folder. Scroll down, change the value on memorysaver to 1, save, and close it out. Then relaunch. See if that helps.

Bez: Have you put the new leaders/civs in the game and are finding it impossible to get rid of the black terrain? Try this: DON'T put the extra civs and LHs in first (just to test things there because somehow you may have a conflict - there was a known problem with the Israeli and Confederate art defines and I'm not sure if your files have that fix nor if it could have even caused this problem for you). Also: open the civ ini file. There is a link to it from the Beyond the Sword folder. Scroll down, change the value on memorysaver to 1, save, and close it out. Then relaunch. See if that helps.

I didn't put them in - I just did the regular install, but there are files for Israel in there (i.e. and Israel.FPK file and Israel stuff in the Custom Civs folder). There is not an entry for Israel in the regular civs config file tho.

Strange that it would cause black terrain in any case.

Top Bottom