Please help! 111 turns in, Pitboss locking up

J_H_R

Chieftain
I am hosting a pitboss game (Civ V, BNW, through Steam) with seven friends. We are 111 turns in, and I've hit a problem that threatens to end a very fun game. My civ (Greece) is at war with my friend's nation (Shoshone). We are playing in "hybrid mode" so when one of us (Shoshone) submits, this frees the other to submit. This is indicated by Shoshone's icon at bottom of screen greying out, and mine flashing. However, this turn, Shoshone submitted (graying his icon out) and my icon is still in the "on" state (locked out) and I cannot issue orders. Instead, I get "please wait" in the lower right corner of the screen.

This is a mirror image of a problem that just occurred last turn, where another two players got into a war and after one of them submitted, the other was in the same situation (icon locked in the on state, unable to submit orders. I (thought I) fixed that by loading one of the auto-save files from 2 turns back, but now, after everyone submitted (the other two players avoiding going to war), I am now the one who cannot submit.

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice. would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
John

I'm attaching the save game file, in the hope that some kind person can take a look and perhaps help us.
I am running Pitboss under windows. Please let me know if any additional information I can provide that would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
Many thanks, John

Moderator Action: Both posts merged.

Attachments

• 8 player safe .Civ5Save
    911.4 KB · Views: 37
Moderator Action: Moved to Multiplayer (with a long expiring redirect from Bug Reports)

Sorry I put it in the wrong place. Has anyone else encountered this pit boss bug? It seems to be bringing my 8 player game to an end....

Any advice, much appreciated.

I have tried finding a solution on the 2k forums, and on the steam forums, but am facing the end of an 8 player game 111 turns in, because of the bug, above.

Briefly, we are playing in hybrid mode, which means that when two players go to war, they have to submit turns sequentially, one being unable to submit until the other does.

Now, two players at war are both unable to submit turns, as though they are waiting for one another. (Both have bright icons on the host screen, indicating that neither can submit).

Any help, even the vaguest hope, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Top Bottom