Civilopedia 5 online

Fantastic job :thumbsup: Thank you for your work.

One thing: when you are in game concepts, if you enter any page all the sections from the menu on the left get open. And then if you are interested only in one section from the bottom you have to scroll down to find what you need. It would be nice to not load the whole site when opening a hyperlink.

wow, incredible resource. i was just looking at the promotion progressions. i was wondering why i wasnt offered certain options playing mongolia and that's why. i need to go 3 into certain promotions to get to extra attacks. i even learned about promotions ive never seen.

i do have a question though. i didnt see Seige (+dmg to cities) in the Ranged attack promotions. im pretty sure ive gotten it for some archers. im still curious what the prerequisites in archery are for it.

thanks.

The way some of the promotions are categorized is a little misleading, though that's how the XML files and the in-game Civilopedia (which just reads from those XML files) define them. Siege is categorized as being a melee promotion, but the requirements for it are for the unit to have Shock II (melee), Drill II (melee), Accuracy I (ranged), or Bombardment I (ranged). So ranged units can get Siege if they have either Accuracy I or Bombardment I, even though Siege is supposedly a melee promotion. There are a few others that are in misleading categories, such as Formation. It would make more sense for some of the promotions to be in the shared promotions category, but apparently that's where they decided to put them. :p

Added the ability to search for page titles (4 character minimum).

The in-game one appears to only search the page titles, so I matched that. There's a 4 character minimum since it searches in real time, otherwise if you start with a very basic string like "a" or "ar" for example, browsers seem to hang as they try to add 700+ links with each key press. It doesn't do anything fancy like forwarding you to a page if your search term gets only 1 result (and could lead to unwanted page redirects if you mistyped your search term), but it's fairly close. :)

your description of Research Agreement says it lasts 20 turns. Im guessing that is either from a previous patch or a simple mis-type.

your description of Research Agreement says it lasts 20 turns. Im guessing that is either from a previous patch or a simple mis-type.
That's what's in the game's XML files. I'm guessing the developers forgot to fix this when they also made the change to the game. I don't type anything out - I just give a my little utility the XML files the game uses. :)

ok, thanks, that's a better explanation. i came across that trying to figure out if i had indeed done a miscalculation on my median values in a game. i eventually went to the RA breakdown in another thread.

The great thing about this is that you can increase the font/page size. Makes it SO MUCH EASIER to read.

I suppose I should also put this out as an advanced notice in case anybody is wondering: I will be updating the Civilopedia to include all of the goodies that will be introduced in Gods and Kings. I have it pre-ordered so I'm getting in on release day through Steam, I'm just not sure how long it will actually take me to dig around through all of the XML files to figure out how all of the new stuff is linked together and find (and splice out) all of the images. My goal is to have it up some time during the weekend of June 23/24. If things go better than I'm anticipating, it may even be up before then. :)

Top Bottom