Need help solving an error.

NickSheperd

Chieftain
Hey guys! So, recently a buddy of mine put together a small mod that just swaps the colors around for the Rome Civ. For the most part the mod works, however, for some reason, the Icon that is displayed in the diplomacy manager is all bugged out and every time I open up the manager is gives me an error.

Something along the lines of "Could not load RomeIcon32.dds".

My experience with coding is basically none existent so I'm going to copy and paste the coding here and maybe someone out there can find the problem in it.

It's coded in XML.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- Created by ModBuddy on 3/30/2015 6:34:39 PM -->
<GameData>
<!-- ICON SWAP -->
<IconTextureAtlases>
<!-- Color -->
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" IconSize="256" Filename="RomeIconNew256.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" IconSize="128" Filename="RomeIconNew128.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" IconSize="80" Filename="RomeIconNew80.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" IconSize="64" Filename="RomeIconNew64.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" IconSize="45" Filename="RomeIconNew45.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" IconSize="32" Filename="RomeIconNew32.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<!-- Alpha -->
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="256" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew256.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="128" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew128.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="80" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew80.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="64" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew64.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="48" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew48.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="45" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew45.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="32" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew32.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="24" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew24.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="22" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew22.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
<Row Atlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" IconSize="16" Filename="RomeAlphaIconNew16.dds" IconsPerRow="1" IconsPerColumn="1"/>
</IconTextureAtlases>-<Civilizations>
<Update>
<Where Type="CIVILIZATION_ROME"/>
<Set IconAtlas="RCSEM_COLOR_ATLAS" AlphaIconAtlas="RCSEM_ALPHA_ATLAS" PortraitIndex="0"/>
</Update>
</Civilizations>
<Colors>
<Update>
<Where Type="COLOR_PLAYER_ROME_BACKGROUND"/>
<Set Red="0.533" Green="0.000" Blue="0.000"/>
</Update>-<Update>
<Where Type="COLOR_PLAYER_ROME_ICON"/>
<Set Red="0.643" Green="0.505" Blue="0.207"/>
</Update>
</Colors>
</GameData>

Thank you for any and all assistance.

Most likely cause would be that your buddy forgot to set the property for the 32-size icon file as "ImportIntoVFS=true" within modbuddy when he made the mod.

I say 'most likely' because that is probably the most common error we see that leads to that sort of an error, but it is not the only mistake or error that can cause it. (for example, another cause would be forgetting to add the file for that size icon to the mod at all).

Most likely cause would be that your buddy forgot to set the property for the 32-size icon file as "ImportIntoVFS=true" within modbuddy when he made the mod.

I say 'most likely' because that is probably the most common error we see that leads to that sort of an error, but it is not the only mistake or error that can cause it. (for example, another cause would be forgetting to add the file for that size icon to the mod at all).

What would be the best way to go about fixing that?

@#$%&!

(BTW, for anyone wondering, that's my code posted above)

It's not a problem in the code; it's because I frickin' forgot to include to file in the mod altogether! :cringe: (That being due to - equally cringeworthily - forgetting to make the 32x32 size icon in the first place, which is an odd thing to do since I remembered to make all the other sizes!) Updated mod attached. Maybe I should've checked this thread before sending you that last PM...

Attachments

• (AWMN) Roman Color Scheme Edit Mod (v 1).zip
    159 KB · Views: 24
Top Bottom