[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

JFD

Kathigitarkh
Into the Renaissance Deluxe

Download | Subscribe
Requirements: Brave New World, Gods & Kings, Denmark DLC, Piety and associated dependencies

Into the Renaissance is a scenario in Gods & Kings. The scenario is based on religion in medieval times in which you must "Grow your medieval kingdom into one of the great nations of Renaissance Europe, fending off outside invasions from Mongols and Ottoman Turks and fighting the religious wars of the Crusades and Reformation!"

Into the Renaissance Deluxe is an updated version of the scenario originally included in the G&K expansion.
.​

Please only use non-gameplay altering mods with this scenario (e.g. Community Patch, Cultural Diversity, More Luxuries, etc.), other than those required. Note that this scenario blocks Exploration Continued Expanded and, if you are Natan, blocks Piety.

Scenario Changes
  • Updated for BNW mechanics, including International Trade, Cultural Great People, and Tourism.
  • Scenario Map updated thanks to Janboruta.
  • Tourism contributes directly to Victory Points.
  • Holy Roman Emperor vote split between three religion-specific mechanics: Holy Roman Empire, the Abbasid Caliphate, and the Ecumenical Patriarchy, and each have benefits additional to the VP boost.
  • Trade Routes may be sent to create "Trade Links" with distant civilizations, generating VP and unique luxuries otherwise not available.

Civilization Changes:
  • New Civilizations: Castile (replaces Spain), Habsburgs (replaces Austria), Almoravids (replaces Almohads), Turks (replaces Ottomans), Scotland (replaces Celts), Poland, Hungary, Kievan Rus', Denmark, Cilician Armenia, Portugal, Venice, Papal States, Vladimir-Suzdal (replaces Russia), Sicily, Hafsids, Lithuania*
  • Each civilization may unlock up to three unique buildings/units/improvements, and has access to two unique Decision. Each civilization also has access to a third unique Decision, which, in some cases, is shared with other civilizations.

Building, Policy, Tech, and Unit Changes:
  • Certain Buildings and Wonders begin the game "obsolete" - meaning they do not provide their base effects and cannot be constructed (but are pre-placed in certain cities), but yield Tourism after Architecture is researched. These include: Temples, Coliseums, Aqueducts, Amphitheaters, the Pyramids, the Pantheon, the Great Lighthouse, the Parthenon, and the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus).
  • Certain Buildings shifted to new technologies: Watermill, Windmill, Mint, Military Academy
  • Writers Guild and Arsenal icons changed to be a bit more era-appropriate.
  • Workshop now possesses two Engineer slots, Market and Bank none.
  • New Buildings: Bathhouse, Manor, Playhouse, Gallery, Abbey, Lavra, Synagogue.
  • New National Wonders: Merchants' Guild, National Treasury, Winter Palace.
  • New Wonders: All Saints' Church, Belem Tower, Buda Castle, Cairo Citadel, Chatres Cathedral, Grand Canal, Florence Cathedral, Kronborg, Mosque of Aleppo, St. Basil's (re-tooled Kremlin), Stephansdom, Topkapi Palace, Torre del Oro, Westminster Abbey.
  • New Techs: Milling, Feudalism, Mercenary Arms, Mercenary Contracts, Medicine, Warships.
  • New Units: Great Theologian (re-tooled Great Prophet), Great Chancellor, Free Company, Ribault, Highlander, Condotierre, Berber Horseman, Czambul, Corsair, Cossack, Explorer.
  • Social Policies re-worked; Great People faith purchasing is available from the Renaissance, and combining completed branches affords different bonuses.

Misc Changes:
  • Great Merchant/Scientist/Engineer counters are kept separate.
  • Features unique Great People lists appropriate to the era.

More details as development progresses.

Credits
Janboruta: Various Artwork, Various Research, Design Development
Tarcisio: Various Artwork, Various Research, Design Development, Original Author of Sicily
Sukritact: Various Artwork
Leugi: Various Artwork
Tomatekh: Various Artwork, Original Author of Kievan Rus'
Viregel: Various Artwork, Various Research, Original Author of Kalmar Union
Pouakai: Malevolent Caterwauling, Original Author of Ayyubids, Scotland

Nice :) Am I too fast or are you, perhaps, not aware of the links directing to Wonders of the Ancient World Deluxe? I actually might play a scenario for once, lol

Wow! :D
(5char)

LOL, amazing, I'll be honest, nice move, didn't even notice the 'WIP' :p

Into the Renaissance Deluxe Scenario Map

Starting positions and initial territories of all the 21 playable civilizations and 41 minor civilizations. Not portrayed are the Mongols, scheduled to invade from the east.

Spoiler :

Full-size: http://i.imgur.com/jh1zu2u.jpg

Each civilization's initial borders are kept small, and close to the starting cities. Large gaps between each civilization are there to ensure dynamic cultural expansion , to encourage the settling of new cities, and to introduce an element of unpredactibility and randomness into an otherwise rigid setting. Each civilization will have ample room to colonise, and when this runs out - warfare will become the natural method of expansion.

Some changes were made to the original scenario's map. Most notably, the British Isles were remodelled to resemble their real counterparts more than in vanilla ItR. Some other landscape changes were introduced, such as the prettification of the Mediterranean islands and the Italian peninsula, addition and modification of a few rivers, mostly in Central Europe, and the introduction of various Natural Wonders, which should further encourage exploration, colonisation and conquest.​

Spain looks somewhat... Empty?

Into the Renaissance Deluxe Scenario Map

Starting positions and initial territories of all the 21 playable civilizations and 41 minor civilizations. Not portrayed are the Mongols, scheduled to invade from the east.

Spoiler :

Full-size: http://i.imgur.com/jh1zu2u.jpg

Each civilization's initial borders are kept small, and close to the starting cities. Large gaps between each civilization are there to ensure dynamic cultural expansion , to encourage the settling of new cities, and to introduce an element of unpredactibility and randomness into an otherwise rigid setting. Each civilization will have ample room to colonise, and when this runs out - warfare will become the natural method of expansion.

Some changes were made to the original scenario's map. Most notably, the British Isles were remodelled to resemble their real counterparts more than in vanilla ItR. Some other landscape changes were introduced, such as the prettification of the Mediterranean islands and the Italian peninsula, addition and modification of a few rivers, mostly in Central Europe, and the introduction of various Natural Wonders, which should further encourage exploration, colonisation and conquest.​

Looks great! :) Though it looks like Sweden and Denmark have little room to expand (like in the original scenario), would it be possible to expand the map a bit north, maybe 3-5 tiles?

Oh, and shouldn't the Rhône flow past Avignon? :D

Looks great! :) Though it looks like Sweden and Denmark have little room to expand (like in the original scenario)

They can go smash each other's skulls a bit earlier then. :p

Oh, and shouldn't the Rhône flow past Avignon? :D

It should, but the mouth of the Rhône is a good settling spot for a playable faction, and the three tile minimum distance between cities is hard to overcome. :p

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the hard(and probably very challenging work) work you did to update the scenario.
But... There's waaayyyyyy too much free space in that map. I'm mainly talking about Spain's eastern coast and Africa(on that note, why does the map covers Timbuktu but not Norway?).... I expected that to be a no-settler scenario.
Also, do you still get points from holy cities? Because the Ayyubids are terribly close to both Jerusalem and Mecca...

Each civilization's initial borders are kept small, and close to the starting cities. Large gaps between each civilization are there to ensure dynamic cultural expansion , to encourage the settling of new cities, and to introduce an element of unpredactibility and randomness into an otherwise rigid setting. Each civilization will have ample room to colonise, and when this runs out - warfare will become the natural method of expansion.[/CENTER]

It's pretty simple, Natan

1. As I said, I was hoping for a no-settler scenario.
2. There's a difference between starting with a small territory and having (probably) unused space. I believe
the ayyubids* nor the Hafsids won't go and settle in the middle of Africa, and correct if I'm wrong, they never actually controlled these areas.
3. I suppose what I wanted to say is that the space could have been divided in a different way. Aragon and Norway should be there, simply because they had more influence on Europe at the time of the scenario.
4. How come so many English cities disappear in 30 years? :p

*last when I played with Saladin (and the time before that, and before that, and before that), I had no need in settling. I was surrounded by cities I could conquer. And especially with the UA he had.

Top Bottom