Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

As someone who was never seen Frozen, I hate that movie because it stole some thunder from The LEGO Movie.

Found this video on Reddit under the title "The side of Afghanistan you don't see - who are Afghans?" - https://vimeo.com/117363500

I thought this was nice, kinda relevant and essentially the vibe that we wanted to share with such a unique culture via a Civilization :)

By the way, since we're really excited and stuff - here are a couple of unit flags/civ alphas that you can look forward to in upcoming First Nation Civ releases :)

Alright..let me see If I can guess the civilizations here:

From left to right:

Top Row:

?, Cahokia?, Arawak

Bottom Row:

Algonquin?, ?, Haida maybe?

I don't think anyone has done a mound builders civilization in Civ5 yet so that would be a first. Some might have a problem calling them Cahokia, Muscogee is a better term maybe, but I'm not an expert.

I don't know if I've seen the Arawak in Civ5 form yet either.

Third is Huron, i think.

EDIT: Nevermind

@Sword of Geddon: The top right has already been confirmed as the Midew alpha image. So yeah. Um. Sorry.

For the sake of not being completely frustrating, the bottom left is indeed the Wabanaki, and the middle top is indeed the Anishinaabe.

The other ones....

I have a gut feeling that the bear one is the Beothuk. Not sure why though.

EDIT: It's actually probably Salish, considering they come from a region associated with grizzly bears

That's hype. I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Are you guys the people from my high school or what?

BREAKING NEWS: THE KINGDOM OF SUKRITACT HAS INVADED COLONIAL TERRITORY ONCE AGAIN!

Spoiler :

This is Pontiac, Leader of the Anishinaabe. Hope you guys are looking forward to the civ!

A+++. As the CivFanatics representative of Michigan, I have to request a "Sell your naming rights to General Motors" decision which changes your name to Pontiac GTO.

Something tells me that's not how Pontiac cars came into that name...

It may surprise the people involved that my 'pedia entry for Pontiac has paragraph titles taken from car terminology.

Or it may not.

The bottom right is almost certainly the Salish, given that as far as I'm aware that is the only Northwest Coastal culture that Colonialist Legacies is working on. The only other Northwest Coast peoples that are being worked on is the Squamish from Idvhl and the Haida from Leugi... should he return from his ascension.

Just a small point, the first letter in my username is a small L, not a capital I.

Top Bottom