[Religion and Revolution]: Further Native Nations

Perhaps not their total bodies, but I went through some very early Spanish colonial archives, (Sadly I don't know Spanish so I am at the mercy of the skill and aptitude of the translation :() and I did find a few vague references (a few words literally) that mentioned body paint being seen on a few Carib warriors. Or at least the Spanish assumed they were Carib warriors. Unfortunately, they neglected to mention to what extent the warriors were painted or what color.

I would imagine the Caribs would have been painted for intimidation purposes rather than camouflage, so it would be logical it would have been a bright color like a blue, red or a yellow, very much like ancient Celtic, Gual and Germanic warriors were painted.

Probably it wasn't a full body paint, at least it seems very unlikely to me
But yeah, you convinced me
It sounds reasonable enough to use it that way in the mod :)
Especially since Schmiddie's units look way too badass to be left out ;)

Thanks! Especially the native is usefull (at the moment). But the unit needs to be modified. At the moment it doesn't work accurate.
Probably the .kfm files used from Civ4BTS need to be included as well (and maybe some in Assets/Art/Shared , if the nif references some .dds files from there).

The best resource I have found for unit nifs in Civ4Col is Deliverator's tutorial at
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=317419

Using these steps most imports seem to be successful. However, I've still encountered a number of nifs that don't seem to import and I can't figure out why. :confused: For example many of the new unit nifs made by Saibotlieh on civfanatics I was unable to import. Has anything like this happened to you so far?

Especially since Schmiddie's units look way too badass to be left out ;)

:D :thanx:

Probably the .kfm files used from Civ4BTS need to be included as well (and maybe some in Assets/Art/Shared , if the nif references some .dds files from there).

Yes, I know. But I don't have Civ 4 or Civ4BTS. So I used the files from other units already included (and based upon a corresponding model like the aztec), but even so they don't work.

Maybe you can share the corresponding missing civ4BTS files (animation, kfm)? Then I will try the tutorial...

Could the hands of the units be blue, too ?
(It would look much better to my opinion.)

Otherwise the unit-graphics for Carib look really great. :goodjob:

Hm, I think they look more realistic (don't know why...) if they are not blue...

I had an idea regarding the Algonquian graphics: The 4 standard graphics for natives are not used in the game, since we use own graphics for every native nation, right? But that are nice graphics. I would like to use this graphics for the Algonquian nation. They look a little bit different, but that should not be a real problem - the Algonquians are a family of different tribes.

Does that suit?

Approved! Again perhaps not historically accurate but she adds to gameplay.

Her Royal Hotness also comes with her own personal boudoir music, good choice whoever is responsible.

Attachments

• Approved!0000.JPG
    Approved!0000.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 107
So, the team wants blue hands back? :confused:

For me, blue hands would look better. :)
But it is just a minor thing and if you prefer to have brown hands ...

Basically I would say:
You are the creator of these graphics and as long as it is only about minor things, we leave the choice to you.
However, we will still give feedback, of course.

We simply sometimes have to make small compromises.
Also, the person and her bio are historical correct, as colonialfan has selected her.
Graphics might not be 100% correct but I also don't see big problems there ...

... good choice whoever is responsible.

Currently I am taking care of music (including diplomacy music for leaderheads).
But it is only my first suggestions and if anyone would like to improve, go ahead. :thumbsup:

One thing that I have always thought a bit strange was that the Natives travel around with the leader's name on them instead of their tribe's name.

The fact that some of the new leaders' names are quite long and unusual makes it a bit hard to remember which tribe the natives actually belong to.

Then the village tiles and surrounding land are designated with the tribe's name.

Perhaps the associations will get a bit easier over time. And I can see that having the leader's name makes it easy to remember who you want to talk to about the group of natives.

But I just thought I'd throw it out there to see whether anyone else wondered if there might be another option.

Her Royal Hotness also comes with her own personal boudoir music, good choice whoever is responsible.

I'm confused.:confused:

I thought we were using the Awaikta leaderhead from Melcher as the Algonquian leader as she best represented the Algonquian in terms of physical characteristics, dress, background, etc, etc.?

Awiakta1[1].JPG

Are we now using this one instead?:cringe:

Approved!0000[1].JPG

Hi Folks,

Here are the first 5 new graphics for the native nations.

Please note:

a) I mostly used graphics from the civfanatics/colonization community (free download section or other mods) or the standard game and improved or modified them. A special thanks already goes to bernie14 and Melcher for their fantastic units and/or graphics...
b) In the game they will be visable as usual (three warrior instead of one etc.)
c) I have tested them and they work well

I know, some of them look a little bit different (within one nation), but I think it doesn't matter... :)

And please...bee amicable, I worked 4 hard days and nights for this result ... :lol:

1. Caribs

2. Navajo

3. Hurons

4. Algonquians

and last but not least...new graphics for the Sioux:

I thought we were using the Awaikta leaderhead from Melcher as the Algonquian leader as she best represented the Algonquian in terms of physical characteristics, dress, background, etc, etc.?

View attachment 316535

Are we now using this one instead?:cringe:

View attachment 316536

I'm not surprised to hear you say that and I think you are probably correct.

Can we use the other one somewhere else?

Here are the first 5 new graphics for the native nations.

And please...bee amicable, I worked 4 hard days and nights for this result ... :lol:

Excellent work Schmiddie. I haven't seen the Hurons in a game yet, I expect they will turn up sometime.

Sorry, maybe I took the wrong leaderhead graphics. :dunno:
(I have a lot of them lying around ...)

I did not notice, until you said so. :blush:

Edit:

I have just checked melcher's downloads.
Seems like I have really accidently used the wrong one ...

I will correct. :thumbsup:
(And use the one we originally wanted.)

Edit 2:

Maybe we can use the one I accidently configured for one of the other 3 upcoming Native Nations ... :dunno:
(South American or Central American)

Top Bottom