Political Cartoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope (and am quietly confident) Britain will not follow this course.

I'll join in with some US army recruitment ones:

Cartoonists just can't stay away from this classic image.

I am sorry to hear that Nobody. You are the second person who has said this now. May I suggest you visit this thread on image problems? That's the best I can offer to assist, being a techno dunce. Arranging and managing large numbers of pictures through hosters is a hassle, one I am happy to endure, but I do not particularly intend to rearrange my set up for a third time. You should find some suggestions in that thread to fix any problems, so good luck. :) And do please report back with any brainwaves.

And as a good will gesture I will attach this excellent cartoon direct to this message.

Attachments

• madeinchina.gif
    madeinchina.gif
    48.2 KB · Views: 359

Rambuchan said:
I am sorry to hear that Nobody. You are the second person who has said this now. May I suggest you visit this thread on image problems? That's the best I can offer to assist, being a techno dunce. Arranging and managing large numbers of pictures through hosters is a hassle, one I am happy to endure, but I do not particularly intend to rearrange my set up for a third time. You should find some suggestions in that thread to fix any problems, so good luck. :) And do please report back with any brainwaves.

Reposting back - what always helps for me is to quote the original post. Images appear once you go back. (Alt + Left Arrow if you're lazy.)

Rambuchan said:

Oh so sadly true. The US still has not learned the lessons from Vietnam and has doomed itself to repeat history.

Rambuchan said:
No matter how much Uncle Sam begs, I Hells no I aint going to Iraq.

The US did learn from vietnam

They know now not to allow the media so much access
Thry know that dragging the war on too long is stupid
They know how to demonise and oppress everyone who opposes the war in iraq

Theres plenty of practical things they learned

Although not moral things

Stylesjl said:
The US did learn from vietnam

They know now not to allow the media so much access
Thry know that dragging the war on too long is stupid
They know how to demonise and oppress everyone who opposes the war in iraq

Theres plenty of practical things they learned

Although not moral things
2 things:

1) You are wrong. There's more media access (embedded journalists), they are dragging the war on too long (watch the news) [EDIT - And they still think they are using the right strategy], granted they did learn the third lesson.

2) This is not a debating thread. :p

Attachments

• optimistic.gif
    optimistic.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 296
Rambuchan, you're posting some excellent cartoons. :goodjob:

Great cartoons FriendlyFire! :goodjob:
The ones about the attacks in London are really good, especially the "Lion you don't want to disturb" one.

Kudos to Rambuchan too! :thumbsup:

De Lorimier & YNCS: Thank you for your kind words. It is always a good feeling to receive confirmation that our posts are appreciated, I'd be lying if I said otherwise.

Erik Mesoy: Thanks for the 'techy report' :lol: It's a shame these problems exist.

Anyway, get a load of this! :D

Nice :thumbsup:

EDIT - May as well use the post to bring it back to Europe - 'old Europe' and its periphery nations too:

A pair:

G8 or Olympics or Iraq war or whatever. '7/7' was not Britain's first (suspected) Islamic terrorist attack in Europe. The bombing in Istanbul hit HSBC and the British Consulate if I remember rightly.

?can you guess? said:
They've continued to kill -- in Bali, in Casablanca, Riyadh, Jakarta, Istanbul, Madrid and elsewhere. These kind of people who blow up subways and buses are not people you can negotiate with, or reason with, or appease. In the face of such adversaries there is only one course of action: We will continue to take the fight to the enemy, and we will fight until this enemy is defeated. (Applause.)
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom