[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

I have a question: I've been playing with v.1.5 update and I haven't seen any flavor units yet while playing as Ottomans. Is this a bug, or did I do something wrong. I have archers, axemen, spearmen and swordsmen which are all vanilla graphics.

How do I get the fancy ones? Thnx.

Hi, I just checked and it seems to be OK. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also Tunch Khan, make sure you followed the installation instructions and check your modular loading setting again (it happend to me at least once that it got overwritten to 0)

I wonder if you could tell me how your mod differs from Avian's keymod (EDU etereme).

I ask, because I am thinking about using one of the two, rather than Ket's or Gedman's. Right now, both Ket and Gedmon are still basically working on ethnic diversity, but soon they will both start adding enhancement, as well as other changes. But, my main problem with their mods is regiments.

I like to play on giant maps, and regiments, I believe, slows everything down. In addition, my eyes aren't very good, and I can't make out much ethinic detail with regiments - can't even make out much detail at all.

In these regards, I also always play real world maps - heck, real world civs with real world ethnicity demand real world maps, do they not? Hence, and I don't wish to impose here, just posing an idea - if you could somehow include some huge and possibly giant real world maps!

Now, if you care to delve into this, I guess 18 civs is the limit that works for the time being, but the SDK must be more than this as I understand it, and I am still trying to fiugure it out, but if we are to have 18 civs, I understand that we need to have more open slots (on the map?) in order to form colonies.

Anyway, perhaps I can figure out the map issue myself over time. Basically though, just curious, how would you describe your work in respect to Avian's?

Thanks for everything you've done. Have already used it through Gedmon, so much appreciated.

nice asian cuirassier avain !

and you've done a great job since my last update :goodjob:

@Conqueror Worm : try my mod without the regiment component (delete the folder regiment in modules - or better save it elsewhere if you want to play regiments again ;) )

note that global scale is in another folder (CIV4DetailManager.xml in "..\Regiments and Ethnic Diversity\Assets\XML\Misc"), but if you remove it then planes, ships and mechanized units will be really too big ingame)

I'm curious to know if it's the number of units of regiments or the number of different units from diversica that cause crash on gigantic maps...

Hi, I just checked and it seems to be OK. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also Tunch Khan, make sure you followed the installation instructions and check your modular loading setting again (it happend to me at least once that it got overwritten to 0)

It's my bad, I hadn't fixed the modular loading settings. Now I changed that and everything is working excellent. I did have a CTD though right when I was about to discover gunpowder. I am not sure if it's related to your mod or not.

Either way, excellent units. Thank you.:goodjob:

I wonder if you could tell me how your mod differs from Avian's keymod (EDU etereme).
just curious, how would you describe your work in respect to Avian's?

Hi Conqueror Worm,
it might be that you confused this thread with one other.
This mod is Varietas Delectat (previously was keymod, but I changed the name since v1.4), and I'm here under the name Avain.
Anyway, in regard to differences between different EDU mod, I guess your best bet would be to compare the screenshots. That way, you can tell which one you like more.
Good gaming!

I had two CTD's at diffrent points in the game. Using Your mod with two additional modular units i put in myself and nothing else. I believe allways when autosaving (In any case corrupting the last autosave, but the one before was ok). Since the Tech advancec are anounced in the beginning of the turn roughly same time the autosaving occurs, might be the same as above. A friend of my had same problem - rare CTD's on turn start to different points in the game - he's using EDU however. We both have the game running stable without mods.

This does not sound mod related at all, but it seems not to happen when running a compltely unmoded (or Custom Assets/XML only mods) game.

This just for the sake of completenes, since it came up - i do not think this is caused by your mod specifically - if at all, this will be some rare problem connected to mod's in gengeral (Possible modular only :confused: ). I have the suspicion, that this is a rare bug with the games graphics engine or memory management, wich becomes more likely with more different units added (Hence more references to maintain). This assumption however is kinda hard to sell to firaxis, with support saying that they are not supporting mods...

I had two CTD's at diffrent points in the game. Using Your mod with two additional modular units i put in myself and nothing else. I believe allways when autosaving (In any case corrupting the last autosave, but the one before was ok). ...

Did you manage to continue your game? One can get CTDs on missing ART_DEF, but then again that would happen always.
Might be some memory leak problem in the engine...

Are you using other mods?

I have a bunch of other mods installed, but i haven't mixed them. So i choose your mod from advanced > load a mod.

I have a bunch of other mods installed, but i haven't mixed them. So i choose your mod from advanced > load a mod.

Hmmm. Was it a showstopper? I mean, were you able to continue after reload?

Did you manage to continue your game? One can get CTDs on missing ART_DEF, but then again that would happen always.
Might be some memory leak problem in the engine...

I was able to continue from the second latest autosave. I think as well, that this is somehow BTS related and not caused by a specific mod

Top Bottom