[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

Well, I messed a bit with those, but the actual skin on the cannon itself I found in a mod, and found it nice too:) In the arabian set I turned it into grey, and I changed the colors and the face of the guy that fires the cannon in ottoman/arabian/persian sets. I did a bit of a skin job on the elephants ( however cruel it may sound:) ), and I did a couple of changes probably nobody will notice - infantry changed to an arab guy from an african one, added turkish symbol to the helmets of the turkish marines, etc:lol:

Thank you so much for the great work. Is there an easy guide to combine this mod with other existing [BTS] mods by any chance? I like some other mods like "Rise of Mankind" the but I'd like to add these units over there...

Also, is there a chance we can have an option to create larger formations, like five figures in a single unit instead of three?

Good work on 1.2

Im thinking of getting away from modular as I'm having files all over the place step on each other... so Ill prob incorperate 1.2 into the composite and remerge the files back in... Im still not 100% but trying to run, Regiments, EDU, Keymod, Cityart, air forces is just a headache in tracking down whats not working.

:)

Tunch these are working in 9+1 formations in the composite. (well when i finaly release 2.0.2.3

Thank you so much for the great work. Is there an easy guide to combine this mod with other existing [BTS] mods by any chance? I like some other mods like "Rise of Mankind" the but I'd like to add these units over there...

Also, is there a chance we can have an option to create larger formations, like five figures in a single unit instead of three?

There are already a couple of mods that include keymod and do exactly that. You might want to check Ket's Composite XL mod or Gedemon's Regiments mod.
As for the "Rise of Mankind" I don't know if it has conflicts with units from this one. If yes, you can also refer to the mods mentioned above and their solution on merging. It shouldn't be so hard to merge, only some XML copy-pasting.

Good work on 1.2

Thanks.

Im thinking of getting away from modular as I'm having files all over the place step on each other... so Ill prob incorperate 1.2 into the composite and remerge the files back in... Im still not 100% but trying to run, Regiments, EDU, Keymod, Cityart, air forces is just a headache in tracking down whats not working.

Yeah, being modular is best when you have mods that don't touch the same files. Otherwise, you still have to merge them:(. The really bad thing is that you cannot control the load order/overwrites. Still, I kinda like keeping it as modular as I can.

I'll let you into a small secret:lol: I chose to do this unit mod to do something worthwhile while waiting for mods like RangedBDM, MADNukes, Composite, fixes, etc. so as to have a solid basis to do something bigger:D So you get the initial headaches from merging, and I just reap the results! Am I mean and lazy or what? :devil: :lol:

Ok, yes headaches I am having....

Avain... In Keymod 1.2 you have the keymod_[nation]civ4artstyles.xml in both
Modules\keymod\XML\UnitArtStyles&CivInfos
Modules\Ethnic Units\XML\Civilizations

Which one of these is actually loaded? Does it matter (well it must, as you have some updates in the Ethnic Units directory files, but yet the civ4info's file is loaded from keymod/xml) how is it controlled? If I am merging which one should i merge to?

In some ways modular is one step forward, in others its one step backwards.

hmmm the "Modules\Ethnic Units\XML\Civilizations" folder may come from my mod. (and if so it outdated by keymod last version)

MY head hurts trying to manage this merge....

Awesome work. I don't know if I can play Civ without this anymore. :D

yeah, these are pretty much my sentiments exactly. it's really changed the face of the game for me, i love how much individual detail every civilization gets now. i really can't thank you enough, this mod is amazing.

avain, there's maybe a bug in your last release, or maybe I've messed something when merging your mod with regiments : the carthage UnitArtStyle file didn't refer correctly to the horsearcher in ArtDefines causing a CDT.

fixed on my side, but I let you know so you can check :)

avain, there's maybe a bug in your last release, or maybe I've messed something when merging your mod with regiments : the carthage UnitArtStyle file didn't refer correctly to the horsearcher in ArtDefines causing a CDT.

fixed on my side, but I let you know so you can check :)

You are right, I'll correct ASAP. Thanks!
(now I remember, Carthage has the Numidian Cavalry instead of the Horse Archers. But in the world builder it crashes anyway so good finding!)

Ok, yes headaches I am having....

Avain... In Keymod 1.2 you have the keymod_[nation]civ4artstyles.xml in both
Modules\keymod\XML\UnitArtStyles&CivInfos
Modules\Ethnic Units\XML\Civilizations

Which one of these is actually loaded? Does it matter (well it must, as you have some updates in the Ethnic Units directory files, but yet the civ4info's file is loaded from keymod/xml) how is it controlled? If I am merging which one should i merge to?

In some ways modular is one step forward, in others its one step backwards.

You mean the files with DONTLOAD! added to their names? I intentionally changed their name (and extension) so they won't be loaded (as only files with XML extension are loaded) I kept the files in Ethnic Artstyles because it's not my mod and I wanted to keep them there.

I noticed this mod doesnt work with bluemarble, any way i can fix that?

I don't see any reasons why it shouldn't work... at least it's working for me. You can always try to reinstall blue marbe, this mod or both...

Awesome work. I don't know if I can play Civ without this anymore. :D

yeah, these are pretty much my sentiments exactly. it's really changed the face of the game for me, i love how much individual detail every civilization gets now. i really can't thank you enough, this mod is amazing.

Thanks, I'm really happy you like it. But you should know that the biggest part of your gratitude should go to the unit makers here, because without their quality work none of this would be possible!

(now I remember, Carthage has the Numidian Cavalry instead of the Horse Archers. But in the world builder it crashes anyway so good finding!)

now I understand why this wasn't reported earlier :lol:

and so the patch for my mod is pretty useless in fact

Ah, was about to report the same CTD. ;)
I think I saw some more redundant graphic references, for instance the axeman or swordsman for the Aztec. The Jaguar replaces one of those but we can put an Aztec axeman and swordsman in the worldbuilder anyway. In any case, this one doesn't crash the game.

Avain, I have two questions for you: first, did you tinker in any way with the shipscales? And second, any objection I use the main part of keymod to extend the Ethnic Artstyles mod? I have certain plans with the Early/Middle/Late artdefinetags and put some extra building/improvement graphics in. [/mystery]

Top Bottom