[Graphic Mod] Varietas Delectat v9.2 [civ specific unit sets]

well, it may cost me a lot of aspirin from now (as I will soon work on mounted units scale and era visual for units), but I'll include both your work anyway ;)

edit : naval guns are big, aren't they ? :)

Avain,

What are some of the units from Total Realism you plan to include?

And no worries... we won't tell : )

Just a (not so skillful but quick) teaser of what you could expect from 1.4

Attachments

• keymod1.4_teaser.jpg
    keymod1.4_teaser.jpg
    487.2 KB · Views: 324
Good stuff, I've been waiting for someone to make an African war elephant with Big Ears, nothing says African elephant like giant ears. I see you got one of the Grenadiers, I'd recommend using most if not all of them. I see several Russian units with shields that have odd symbols on them, I think just using the flag color and symbol would be better as it adds to the amount of team color on the unit and isn't classing with the flag that stands next to a unit.

Impaler[WrG];5901870 said:
Good stuff, I've been waiting for someone to make an African war elephant with Big Ears, nothing says African elephant like giant ears. I see you got one of the Grenadiers, I'd recommend using most if not all of them. I see several Russian units with shields that have odd symbols on them, I think just using the flag color and symbol would be better as it adds to the amount of team color on the unit and isn't classing with the flag that stands next to a unit.

Thanks, though the praise for the elephant should go to the EDU team, I just 'borrowed' it. The grenadiers are all in. Good points on the shields, though I personally feel like they are really russian now, however I'll consider adding teamcolor, that would I guess help unit distinction.
So, thanks for the comments, I hope you like the mod!

I made team color this way :

first I erase the part I want team color in Gimp. Then I use nifviewer too put team color instead of transparency.

find a file named TeamColor.bmp in civ4 folders

open the nif of the unit. the part of the skin you have deleted are transparent.

select the unit shape and view it's properties

scroll down and click on NiProperties

double-click on NiTexturingProperties

there you should see base map pointing to the dds skin of the unit.

add a new map (decal) with the same dds, and same properties as base map.

change base map to point to TeamColor.bmp

now you should see no transparency on the model, but a red color on this part instead

save the nif, done.

Whoo with the new name, it sounds ever more serious ! :p great job !

I firstly used Ethnic Mod (and i thanks you a lot geomodder), but i thought that i miss some more specific units, that's what your mod give us !

So i have one question, you tell us to install it as a mod but... as a graphical modification, can i install it in custom assets? That's for playing multiplayer with friends !
EDIT : I tried and it seems not to work, so i ask, which is the difference with Ethnic mod ? Why it can't be used as a graphical modification like Bluemarble and Ethnic mod?
Thanks,
H.

Top Bottom