New Player, Need Keybind Help

Ninonsand

Chieftain
So I've started draining my life on civ 5, and I am loving every second of it. I finally got to play with my friends and we use teamspeak to communicate, but something kept bothering me. My push-to-talk key is "V" and whenever I need to talk while playing civ, my Advisor Panel comes up. So I dug around and did some research and found myself in XML file heaven. I dug and dug and dug, but have yet to come up with the file location for the keybind. So I'm taking to the forum to ask if anyone has found it or if I just missed it somewhere, or if it doesn't exist...

Thanks!~

u can edit the CIV5Controls.xml file
or just change your key in teamspeak what is probobly the better thing

If you have BNW installed then file you need to change is:

Spoiler :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Units\CIV5Controls.xml

(Not sure where that space in "CIV5Controls" came from :confused:)

This assumes Windows and default installation location, but the path from "Assets" onward is very likely correct. Keep a backup of course, but put it in My Documents or somewhere else outside of the Civ world.

Can I ask, is there a more complete list of hotkeys than this one? (I found a few duplicates of this but none more complete):

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/que...the-keyboard-shortcuts-of-civilization-5?lq=1

I notice that "V" for advisors is not on this list (only found out in this post, thanks :)). Also I found that the numeric keypad "/" and "*" select next/previous unit on the same tile (possibly useful in some circumstances) and didn't see these on the list.

Top Bottom