Quick question about culture victory

oPunchDrunko

Prince
I'm going for a culture victory with Brazil. This will be my first attempt ever at a culture victory. How do you win a CV? Do you win if at the end of the game you have the highest tourism?

You win when you reach "Influencial" status with all other civilizations. This can only be achieved by accumulating more Tourism points than your enemies have Culture Points.

If you click on the little suitcase Icon at the top of the screen it will bring you to the proper screen to check your tourism vs enemy culture.

It may seem an impossible task at first glance but keep in mind there are LOTS of buildings and abilities that increase tourism output by a percentage.

Hotels
Airports
The Internet = +100% Tourism output to all civs

You will also need to make use of Musicians to defeat the other Culture spamming civs bc some other civs will have MONSTEROUS culture. Even the aggressive militaristic civs going for Domination VIctory can have crazy culture at the end of the game from capturing so many enemy cities and works of art.

Read up on that bc using them properly is tricky.

What happens if the game ends before I reach influential status with the other civs? Will I lose even though I have more tourism than the other civs?

Well if the game ends that would mean another Civ won with another victory type...unless you have Time Victory turned on.

I have never once played with Time Victory on.

What happens if the game ends before I reach influential status with the other civs?
Then whatever caused the game to end is used to judge who won. So if 500 turns passes, then the civ with highest score wins. If an AI launches the Space Ship, then your tourism progress is irrelevant.

Then whatever caused the game to end is used to judge who won. So if 500 turns passes, then the civ with highest score wins. If an AI launches the Space Ship, then your tourism progress is irrelevant.

So once the maximum turns are hit, you can't achieve a victory condition? Only the one who has the highest score wins?

If you have time victory enabled then yes

If you play at a high enough difficulty, time victory doesn't make any difference, as you'll never see turn 400+ unless you crippled every AI.

I don't have time victory enabled. I only have domination, science and cultural victory enabled. So again, if I reach the maximum turns, will the game just simply end? Or will the game keep going on until a victory condition is achieved?

If you don't have the time victory enabled then there is no maximum turns.

Btw, I tried CV a lot and by the time I got it I had learned - CV victory does not mean a peaceful victory. War and conquer and crush AND impose your tourism.

Here's how you really win: Save your great musicians until the end. Make a settler. Settle a crappy city next to yours. Put great musicians in it. Get open borders with target, if possible. Give crappy city to target.
Culture bomb. lolz.

Much faster than sending your musicians across the globe. You can also do that to spam trade routes to their civ so you get more tourism. It will make them covet your lands and hate you though because the AI is insane and will think you basically stole all their land and forward-settled them like crazy. They don't know you just gave them a bad city, they live in a parallel universe where this city is the result of you oppressing them for 4000 years.

Top Bottom