Most powerful Regent of France

The most powerful Regent of France

• Total voters
Blanche of Castile over those four.

Yeah I should've included her but still Catherine de'Medici would get my vote over her.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm a big fan of St. Jeanne d'Arc, and I find it tragic that Bast pays no attention to her because he's always hyping about women being "powers behind the throne" in England and France, when they never were.

England had Queen regnants who were visibly powerful whether people choose to accept or not like Elizabeth I, Anne and Victoria. This thread about Regents and those who held the power behind the throne.

Ah.... Blanche of Castile. That woman was a real son-of-a-glitch.

I loved how she dominated over France like a beast and occupied a good chunk of her son's reign. The way she dictates diplomacy and declares war is so ruthless. I liked the part where she totally made Raymond of Toulouse her little spank monkey.

Yeah I should've included her but still Catherine de'Medici would get my vote over her.

Medici was a sad sad soul. Her attempt to fix the growing drift between the Protestants and the Catholics alienated her and the crown. She couldn't even keep influence in her own court as she struggle with the Guise House. Eventually, she just massacred the Protestants and let religious tensions simmer in France for another 100 years...

Do you know what a Regent is? Clearly Jeanne d'Arc was NOT a regent. :rolleyes:

I'm pointing this out because it's something that theoretically would interest you, if you weren't obsessed with irrelevant things.

England had Queen regnants who were visibly powerful whether people choose to accept or not like Elizabeth I, Anne and Victoria. This thread about Regents and those who held the power behind the throne.

Elizabeth, yes. Anne, to a much lesser degree. Victoria, no. And I don't understand why you think you're advancing the interests of the female gender by hyping female rulers that were temporary and did almost nothing.

Did Firaxis get the inspiration for French leader for Civ VI from this poll? Prophetic.

Before his demise, Queen Anne's husband, King Louis XIII of France set up a regency council with Anne at its head. Anne had Louis XIII's will annulled by the Parlement de Paris. Anne of Austria became the sole regent.

Moderator Action: Closed - let dead threads lie. Feel free to start a new thread if you have something to discuss about French regents.

Top Bottom