Are there enough Beliefs?

We also don't know that the extra Belief is the whole of the Byzantines' unique ability. It seems like all of the new UA's for which we know the actual text include at least two components. Scourge of God has four.

While I do think they'll have more, the Celts have only one ability and I believe the same is true for Ethiopia.

Since the name Byzantine has (rightfully, IMO) lent itself to intrigue and plotting, you would think that another part of their ability would be espionage-related.

I don't know how powerful this would be without knowing the counterspying mechanics, but it would be neat to see the Byzantines get spies one era earlier than anyone else. They would then actually have a spy before they were historically eviscerated.

Anyway, didn't mean to cause all kinds of drama here. ><

also, with the Byzantine belief, do we know if it is a special one just for the Byzantines or if they get to pick another of the general beliefs

bite: About all we know about the Byzantine belief is that it uses the same interface to report it as the other beliefs chosen by the player.

As such, the general surmise seems to be that the Byzantines pick from a list. Whether that list is a general list, or a specialized list, is unclear.

Top Bottom