Another WW2 scenario

I'd be interested to see about that too. If it's indeed too many units and such for the AI to handle after several turns of warfare have lapsed, then he should get the same crash.

I'm about halfway through redoing the map at the moment, so hopefully that's the case. I'll attach a picture of what I've got so far, as well as an image of the old map for comparison.
Basically the southern parts of South America and Africa are both cut off. The US is a lot closer to its true relative size in relation to the other major powers too. As it is, I am to leave a line of hexes at the bottom of each as coastal tiles so that it's still possible to take a route other than Panama or the Suez to cross oceans.

I doubt the crashes are caused by memory leaks, just sounds like a poor excuse from some people. My system is as mentioned before running w. i5 2500k 3.3Ghz, 16GB ram and 2 crap 250gts gfx cards, and Civ has never been using more than a few gigs of memory at worst..

My furthest game with germany (with lua on) took to mid 30's and the turn change works fine untill it gets to the sovjets (which I guess are the last ones?), then I get the whole Civ has stopped working bblabla error in the background. With the lua off I only get to turn 13 or so, which tbh annoyed me so much that I didnt notice when in the turn change it died :p

If its really the amount of units thats causing the crash, then exactly which part of the units is it? Is the the pure amount of total units on the map, or maybe a specific unit type that causes the conflict/crash?

But without some sort of debug tool which can tell us what is actually crashing, I think we're gonna be searching for the needle in the haystack :)

Otherwise, as always good job with the mod :)

i think its the civ 5 since idk why it would crash with a good graphic cards and processor

I doubt the crashes are caused by memory leaks, just sounds like a poor excuse from some people. My system is as mentioned before running w. i5 2500k 3.3Ghz, 16GB ram and 2 crap 250gts gfx cards, and Civ has never been using more than a few gigs of memory at worst..

My furthest game with germany (with lua on) took to mid 30's and the turn change works fine untill it gets to the sovjets (which I guess are the last ones?), then I get the whole Civ has stopped working bblabla error in the background. With the lua off I only get to turn 13 or so, which tbh annoyed me so much that I didnt notice when in the turn change it died :p

If its really the amount of units thats causing the crash, then exactly which part of the units is it? Is the the pure amount of total units on the map, or maybe a specific unit type that causes the conflict/crash?

But without some sort of debug tool which can tell us what is actually crashing, I think we're gonna be searching for the needle in the haystack :)

Otherwise, as always good job with the mod :)

agian im lead to belive that its me deleting so many unneeded units. what really gets me is the fact that i also play this with other mods on (like a mod that makes farms produce 1 gold along with food, or one that removes road matianice.) and yet everything works fine

Yeah, I'm pretty confident it is the sheer number of units. From my understanding it's a problem with the game and not a system failure leading to it. The map is about 40% larger than the max size civ 5 was designed to use, so it does make some sense that software limits might come into play.

Over several months I've had enough time by now to test out just about every new unit I added in this mod. The only unit I found was causing a problem was a bugged american torpedo bomber (avenger) graphic. It was crashing the game as soon as it was constructed. After replacing the graphic the unit shows up fine.

I'd be interested to see about that too. If it's indeed too many units and such for the AI to handle after several turns of warfare have lapsed, then he should get the same crash.

I'm about halfway through redoing the map at the moment, so hopefully that's the case. I'll attach a picture of what I've got so far, as well as an image of the old map for comparison.
Basically the southern parts of South America and Africa are both cut off. The US is a lot closer to its true relative size in relation to the other major powers too. As it is, I am to leave a line of hexes at the bottom of each as coastal tiles so that it's still possible to take a route other than Panama or the Suez to cross oceans.

Will the other map still be available ?

Will the other map still be available ?

Since it leads to crashing in its current state, I will probably leave it out. To make it stable I would have to load up the old map and go through the trouble of rebalancing the units specifically for it.

just wondering if there's a favoured difficulty setting and time setting for this mod?

I've been having some issues getting this mod to work and was wondering if someone on here could help me with it.

I've completed all the steps in the INSTALLATION instructions provided in the OP. I then get the Assertion Failed error upon loading.

I've now downloaded the World Builder, but when I open it the pop-up menu never appears.

Anyone know how I can rectify this, or if I've simply done something wrong?

Thank you!

just wondering if there's a favoured difficulty setting and time setting for this mod?

It is designed for standard speed, and in fact will not work correctly if run on a different speed. As far as difficulty goes, Prince is what I play with normally and it was in mind when building the scenario. With that said, it's not necessary for any real reason. It might be more fun to play at King difficulty. Any higher than that though, and the AI will probably shoot through the tech tree too fast.

@arfalk

I would recommend holding off on going through the trouble to play this scenario for now. It's guaranteed to crash after several turns due to having too many units in its current state. I should have a new version available later this week that should finally be stable.
Based on what I read in your post, it sounds like you may simply have a lot of mods active. World Builder loads all of the mods you have activated in game before the main menu will appear. The more mods/larger mods => the longer this takes. For me it takes 30-60 seconds or so. If you think this is what's causing the slow down, then go through the process of clearing your cache folder and it will disable all mods.

If it's something other than slow loading, then you might have to reinstall world builder.

I've been having some issues getting this mod to work and was wondering if someone on here could help me with it.

I've completed all the steps in the INSTALLATION instructions provided in the OP. I then get the Assertion Failed error upon loading.

I've now downloaded the World Builder, but when I open it the pop-up menu never appears.

Anyone know how I can rectify this, or if I've simply done something wrong?

Thank you!

The same thing happened to me and I've played different versions of this mod for awhile now. Weirdly how I fixed it was after moving the map from the mod folder to the maps folder (like instructed on the first page of this thread) I edited the map with worldbuilder (just changing city names and adding one or two units) and would save that map. After saving that map and using that map to play the game, the assertion failed message never came back. Yeah I know that sounds odd but try it...it worked for me.

Some news about Japan, if it can be useful...
I was able (but I don't know how) to begin a game with Japan. Twice ! But every time I save and try to load the game, it crashes... =/

Some news about Japan, if it can be useful...
I was able (but I don't know how) to begin a game with Japan. Twice ! But every time I save and try to load the game, it crashes... =/

Very strange. I have been trying to figure out what the problem with Japan is. For some reason the AI can play as Japan, but if a human attempts to start a game as them the game crashes just before the loading screen transitions into the game... There's always something :crazyeye:

In order to improve your headache... :D
I tried without the LUA files. I faced several crashes and bugs I don't understand, but it seems to work approximately good ... even for Japan. The first time, it didn't load. The second time, it loaded, I tried to save the game and load it. And for the first time ... IT LOADED ! ^^
Maybe just a coïncidence... Strange, very strange...

It looks like the problem is again related to too many objects for the game to manage. This is my best guess anyways. In Japan's case it seemed to be the most intensive for the game to load up upon starting the scenario. I would have thought the USSR, but apparently it's Japan.

I consolidated several cities and have done an overall cut of the units on the map. The game loads up ok now, but I still have to verify that it can load a saved game and that it will remain stable well into a game.

Anyways, just wanted to clear things up as to why Japan wasn't working.

The same thing happened to me and I've played different versions of this mod for awhile now. Weirdly how I fixed it was after moving the map from the mod folder to the maps folder (like instructed on the first page of this thread) I edited the map with worldbuilder (just changing city names and adding one or two units) and would save that map. After saving that map and using that map to play the game, the assertion failed message never came back. Yeah I know that sounds odd but try it...it worked for me.

I was able to finally get it to work. Turns out the World Builder takes several minutes to completely load on my computer. Strange, haven't ever had that problem with anything else.

New version is up. I changed the default difficulties for all of the major players to King, and can say for sure that it makes the scenario more fun than Prince was. Attached is what the new map ended up looking like.
Hopefully the crashes are gone for good.

Attachments

• FEC World Map.jpg
    FEC World Map.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 90
Just downloaded the new version. Still got the Assertion Failed error, but this time was able to save a map and get that to work.

Looks very good.

EDIT: It was just me. That's what I get for trying to play a game before I have my morning coffee....

Anyway, the mod looks great!!! Thank you for all of your hard work.

At what point does it crash? Loading screen, or is it an assertion failed crash? Also, who were you trying to play as?

It's been working for me so far. The only problem I've seen is that the AI is getting obsolete units gifted from city-states.

Top Bottom