6 player FFA game thread--invite only

Excellent. If we can share the somewhat inconvenient days around, then everyone should be happy, and most importantly, the game should progress smoothly!

Ah, I think I understand now why EEE was confused (between suggested day for this week, and future options).

I'm not confused about the schedule.

It's about a random post by a stranger last night talking about something completely off topic, but apparently that post disappeared somehow. Thanks for the clarification though, looking forward to Thursday Auckland time :)

ah. he must've deleted it. we never saw that, so we were confused.

5.5 hours away...I hope zalta set his alarm already, and remembers why when it goes off.

See you all a bit later.

I will be online at 11:00. No earlier, and hopefully no later

Ah so we are playing soon...i don't know if i can...

maybe i can play after all...

hmm...

let me see...

YES! :lol:

all that space, I knew it had to be a joke.

Brenador, it sounds like if we blink we might miss you. Just kidding, I get what you mean. Let us know if you want to stop earlier tonight. It's your call, in thanks for you turning up when it's not a great time for you.

2.5 hours...have to try to get the kids in bed early tonight.

I'd prefer to stop at 12:30, but I can play a little longer than that.

Well, very nice, smooth session, up to turn 101.

The view from Washington has expanded to take in our nearest neighbors and commence trading. The barbarian fleet has been destroyed and our scouts have set sail. We have even discovered some fantastic ruins we look forward to exploring. Our people know the wonders of Old Faithful, Krakatoa, and the Barringer Crater...we suspect there is at least one more to be found. Our sages posit it must be on a continent on the far side of the world, near the edge where the seas spill off into the emptiness.

The days of our Great Library being the only repository of texts in our land are coming to an end, as knowledge comes to the provinces. From across the waters we receive scrolls, mysterious tales of other lands and peoples, some peaceful, others warlike, feuding, their lands steeped in blood. Our people are finally happy and beginning to breed as they should.

-----

So, looks like we're all set to continue tomorrow night! Wahoooooooooooo!

Crippled on our little continent, we all try to find a way to survive...

China lost a city to Persians but managed to take it back.

Up to 30 turns
Things go quietly in England as the world leaders are hotly debating international issues, despite the fact that many of them haven’t yet met each other officially. Land is barren in England at the moment but the prospects are promising in terms production and commerce if the English can master the art of fishing and sailing. But right now the English people have to give up a little comfort and territorial control in order to deliver the world wonder that will lead to the ultimate maritime empire - yes, the colossus. Probability of getting the wonder is high as the England is at the bottom of the score board now, indicating that other world leaders are pursuing expansionary strategies. Expansion for England is halted at the moment, but the only luxury resource claimable is strategically risky near the Indian Territory. The Great Indian leader Zalta probably has noticed the different cultural path England is taking – yes, the path of Honour. This double edge sword probably ticks the nerve the Indian Leader along with the fact that the English scout crudely enslaves the woman and children from Genoa.

Up to 100 turns
As promised, the wonder delivers tons of gold to the capital of England. National college is erected to educate the English citizens even before planting the second city. As a result, golden age shines upon England and brings more gold to the central bank. For quite a while, the English military ranks the first in the world due to the rumour of early rush, but tension is released somewhat as leaders in our continent are found to be peace loving. England is almost at the bottom of every aspect except richness and happiness, so our loyal citizens fed by delicious seafood start to reproduce quickly. London is in par with other capitals' size on the continents now and will soon pass them to become a huge metropolitan and world centre of finance. There is a saying that “banking establishment is more powerful than a standing army”, English people understand it perfectly.

:p not first language writing, hopefully not give away too much info about other civs that I met.

The glorious Indian leaders decided to reap the rewards of the close green pastures, listening to the sage advice of the Stonehenge priests, who urged us to form "defensible borders" against some mystical threat unknown to us. Alas, it quickly turned out the Indian populace were more than discontent with all the moving around to multiple cities, instead preferring to settle in one place and breed rapidly. Whereas having to learn this first-hand set back the Indian nation somewhat, the Indian nation hopes to recover with the recent acquisition of several luxury goods and the engineering accomplishment that is Hanging Gardens. The borders the priests were after also turned out nicely - it is clear that our gods have intended this land for us.

The island has turned out to be home to two other civilizations, with the oddly familiar Siamese claiming a huge, lush peninsula and the English being somewhat odd forest-dwellers, whom with we very little contact as of yet. Relations with Siam have been warm and reasonable, with bilateral trade and easily agreed upon borders along clear natural lines established early. The English have felt distant, due to the dense, nigh unpenetrable forest that cuts us off from our neighbours. Strange travellers have also been spotted, travelling on ships made with craftsmanship that can only be the sign of an advanced civilization somewhere over the sea.

With optimism, the peaceful Indians look forward to future endeavours and coexistence with our peculiar neighbours.

Nice write-ups, guys! Good stuff. :goodjob:

Crippled on our little continent, we all try to find a way to survive...

I have heard cannibalism works, as a last resort. :D

The Chinese people embarked upon peaceful development of their promised Middle Kingdom as given to them by Huangdi. The first years were uneventful as the 中国人 built a flourishing center of commerce and and trade in 北京市, fueled by the fertile Yongding river, and the marvel of the paper making machinery of the Tang dynasty. Clearing out the barbarians inhabiting the region nearby, the Chinese continued to expand and grow, until meeting the Persian empire in 2000 bc.

Believing they could gain nothing from the backwards Persian people, the Chinese continued to flourish and keep to themselves, building great marvels of innovation including the Pyramids of 上海. However, disaster struck for upon their completion, the Persians decided to covet the wealth of the Chinese people and attacked viciously and with no provocation, overwhelming their lightly armed forward scouts, and sieging the city of 上海 itself.

Soon the city had fallen to the immortals and swords of the Persian empire. The empress herself,武则天 declared that 上海 must not stay in the hands of the uncouth and uncultured Persians, and the Chinese people followed her lead. Reinforcements from 南京 and 北京市 arrived setting up mighty siege engines of war, and 上海 was soon retaken, though many of her citizens had perished at the hands of the invaders. An uneasy lull hangs in the air as the newly reinvigorated Chinese armies await the next strike from the treacherous Persians.

Inevitably the Chinese realized that if they wanted to make their way in the world, then they must learn to defend themselves. Chinese mathematicians and thinkers started working hard to devise ways to defend themselves and have begun experiments upon building the 諸葛弩. They hope never to have to use them, though sometimes rabid dogs just need to be put down. 武则天 has decreed that the Chinese will not bow before foreign oppressors.

From an out of character perspective it appears that this world has 3 continents with some other minor landmasses. Tabarnak and I have taken the south and north of one of them, respectively. Onan has his own continent and EEE_boy, zalta, and Brenador seem to have come to some kind of peaceful arrangement on the remaining continent.

It seems that with the war raging between Tabarnak and me, Onan will have the time to build up a technology and wonder lead on his own continent. I guess we will just have to see later whether we can combine to stop him before he gets a spaceship!

Nice write-up guys! I was too tired after the game to make anything like this. Here is a brief review :

The immortal Darius come back in his 2nd epopea, after defeating Iroquois and french people from another world. This time, the leader proposed to his lieutenants to focus on growth before anything else. ''Tall or Wide?'' asked some advisors. ''Wide!'' loudly said Darius, always looking ill and nearly insane. Some other advisors are whispering : ''I hope that our leader will not turn wild like the last time or i will demissionate immediately''.

The already tedious situation is not going to help our fellow citizen to be at work like they should...

Finally, the empire is born under a weird shaped land, some strange inland sea is located in the middle of the donut shaped continent. Some turns later, a scout discovered a little chunk of land that can be stpped only by sea. Optics qwill eventually be discovered very soon, but not before gathering luxuries techs first. As it was decided, Persians have worked peacefully their land, discovered China and have discovered some city states with the help of a trireme. Luckily, a scout brought back 2 workers from a city state. 1 from a barb camp and another one from the city state himself.

The Darius noticed something interesting after the discovery of iron working. China was peaceful during that time, but Darius noticed that the Chinese empire wasn't well protected, from what the demographic screen told. He immediately gave orders to his advisors to build some immortals and swordmen to take a city. ''Not again...'' said some soldiers. ''God, can we have a new leader someday? Sigh, i forgot that our leader is immortal...''

Persians's strategy worked, the city felt. But chineses didn't tell their last words. Some turns later, the city came back to China. ''Some problems occured my lord. What we gonna do?'' said a general. ''Hmph...let's see what the China's leader will want for the future. I might want to accept a peace deal. He told me that another civilization may fly through the tech tree faster than us, even if, i think, we are well rounded in tech pace and production.'' said the great Darius, scratching his head. ''Tech tree? '' said an advisor. ''Whatever...listen to me and shut up!'' said Darius.

What is going next? Does China and Persia will make peace? We will see in the next episode of : THE RETURN OF DARIUS!(...in 3D in all theaters)

I don't know if i can play tonight, well if we play i cannot until 2h30 am(30 min later than usual), i'm working a bit more today(overtime), until 2h10.

Probably not going to exactly be at 2h30, but i will do my best(up to 2h45 if you are patient enough). Between 2h30 and 2h45 in other words.

Top Bottom