Landmarks

shaglio

The Prince of Dorkness
In the Civ Rev Info Center under the Empire Management section, it mentions "Landmarks allow you to place text on the terrain much like in Civ4."

I don't ever remember this feature in Civ 4. Is it available in single player games or is it a feature only in mutliplayer games or the world builder?

I think this was available when you pressed the advanced UI button or whatever added all of the advanced commands. You could add text to the map. I never did it and don't see a reason for it, but I believe that functionality existed in vanilla Civ4.

I think this was available when you pressed the advanced UI button or whatever added all of the advanced commands. You could add text to the map. I never did it and don't see a reason for it, but I believe that functionality existed in vanilla Civ4.

I figured it would be helpful for me to mark squares on the map that I might want to build a city if I wanted to stray from the blue circle recommendations. That way, when I'm done playing and save my game, when I load it later I won't forget where I wanted to build.

The landmarks are the forests (three in a row) hills ( also three in a row ) , rivers ( all rivers i think) seas and mountains, deserts and plains ( not sure what decides on them) you DONT decide where the landmarks are, they are already on the map and you only name them when you go over the allocated tile. So sorry shaglio, that wont work :(
In Civ 4 i think there was a big sign saying , for example the Rhine River, whilst in civ rev its just printed across the landscape tile.

In civ4 you place signs on the map by using the "globe view" and clicking one of the buttons above the mini-map (I forget which) and it will give you some options for signs.

The landmarks are the forests (three in a row) hills ( also three in a row ) , rivers ( all rivers i think) seas and mountains, deserts and plains ( not sure what decides on them)

How do you name mountain ranges if you can't go over them, do you have to wait until air units? I've never seen a named mountain range.

Yeh you do, only air units. i named my first mountain like 4 days ago and i've been playing a lot over the past month. Not sure what allows you to name which mountain ranges.

Top Bottom