Rise of Mankind 2.9 feedback and bug reports

@vincentz

Thanks, I couldn't add your modmods to v2.91 because of the different folder paths. People already got those modules on with v2.9 so adding your versions to different location with the patch would have just created duplicates... The next full version will have your modules in the place you requested earlier. :)

Edit: Looks like BUG's PLE still has some small bugs left in it, just got a python exception in-game. I'll have to look at their newest code if they've fixed this small bug...

Edit2: PLE code in RoM is same as in BUG's SVN... so no fix for the bug I found.

If the mountain won't come to Muhammed, Muhammed has to go to the mountain ;)

I made a quick patch for my mods included in RoM. Some of them are essential (Junglecamp, Warlords and Industry) while others simply put textkeys and upgradepaths (007, Agent and Special Agent)

They are located in the default RoM folders (Builds and Custom Units)

When I install RoM 2.91 patch then and your patch the jungle camp button is pink (missing) on the tech tree.

When I install RoM 2.91 patch then and your patch the jungle camp button is pink (missing) on the tech tree.

Most likely because I made my VIP 1.6 for the Projects/Vincentz folder and the update patch updates them in Builds and Custom Units.

Sollution : Take the original folders from RoM 2.9. Delete Projects folder in Modules and Reinstall VIP 1.61 Full or VIP 1.61 "Vanilla" from here

I only replaced changed files from RoM 2.9 to VIP 1.61 where in VIP 1.6 I moved the hole stuff to Projects/Vincentz which resulted in the user had to delete the "vanilla" folders.
Quite a mess, so instead I made a "vanilla" patch. Unfortunately it makes a problem for those who where fast and installed the VIP 1.6.

I saw the same thing, i think with BULL he needs to change the dds now?

I saw it too....

What! Wait! Who said that!!!

I'll change the DDS as soon as possible. Unfortunately I'm on my way out to eat barbeque and drink unmentionable amounts of beer, so it'll be the first thing in the morning. Luckely its only the junglecamp and not all the rest. I have a pretty good clue whats wrong with the poor little thing ;)

Zap@ I was looking over your RoMGameUtils python and was wondering, i looked at the standard CvGameUtil and it had this on the end of the file:

Spoiler :
Code:
def getWidgetHelp(self, argsList):
		eWidgetType, iData1, iData2, bOption = argsList

return u""

def getUpgradePriceOverride(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iUnitID, iUnitTypeUpgrade = argsList

return -1	# Any value 0 or above will be used

def getExperienceNeeded(self, argsList):
		# use this function to set how much experience a unit needs
		iLevel, iOwner = argsList

iExperienceNeeded = 0

# regular epic game experience		
		iExperienceNeeded = iLevel * iLevel + 1

iModifier = gc.getPlayer(iOwner).getLevelExperienceModifier()
		if (0 != iModifier):
			iExperienceNeeded += (iExperienceNeeded * iModifier + 99) / 100   # ROUND UP

return iExperienceNeeded

and you have it placed before:

Spoiler :
Code:
:confused:

also just had this error: (i got it when i placed my mouse on the units inside my city and tried to use the unit, then got this?)

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 939, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 8529, in handleInput

File "CvMainInterface", line 841, in getPlotListButtonName

File "CvMainInterface", line 1274, in selectGroup

Spoiler :
Code:
if not (self.pActPlotListUnit):
			self.pActPlotListUnit = CyInterface().getHeadSelectedUnit()
			[B]self.pActPlotListGroup = self.pActPlotListUnit.getGroupID()[/B]
		if (not (bShift or bCtrl or bAlt)):

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getGroupID'
ERR: Python function handleInput failed, module CvScreensInterface

Zap@ I was looking over your RoMGameUtils python and was wondering, i looked at the standard CvGameUtil and it had this on the end of the file:

Spoiler :
Code:

return u""

def getUpgradePriceOverride(self, argsList):
		iPlayer, iUnitID, iUnitTypeUpgrade = argsList

return -1	# Any value 0 or above will be used

def getExperienceNeeded(self, argsList):
		# use this function to set how much experience a unit needs
		iLevel, iOwner = argsList

iExperienceNeeded = 0

# regular epic game experience		
		iExperienceNeeded = iLevel * iLevel + 1

iModifier = gc.getPlayer(iOwner).getLevelExperienceModifier()
		if (0 != iModifier):
			iExperienceNeeded += (iExperienceNeeded * iModifier + 99) / 100   # ROUND UP

return iExperienceNeeded

and you have it placed before:

Spoiler :
Code:
:confused:
I don't see any problem there. RoMGameUtils has only the functions that I've changed - you don't need to include all the default functions there.

About the PLE bugs - did you read my post here? ;)

I don't see any problem there. RoMGameUtils has only the functions that I've changed - you don't need to include all the default functions there.

About the PLE bugs - did you read my post here? ;)

OK didnt know for sure because the Exception stuff is after on the standard and yours before? No biggy it works:p Only reason i saw it was because i am working on something to improve RoM and was changing the RoMGameUtils;)

Something seems to be up with the Illyian raider war galleys ( sic? )

I'm able to kill them with normal galleys with 99.8% odds or so...I get anywhere between 8 and 16 xp for killing them, but for some reason they're remarkably easy when I attack them.

I found a small text mistake, the Missile Cruiser has a cargo space of 4 missiles but Sid's tip for it says it can carry 6 missiles. This is with 2.9.

Screen attached.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 130
Zappara I would like to upload your mod to thepiratebay.org as the only version currently there is 2.62
Would this be alright with you?
P.S. I have also asked Afforess about uploading AND

I have the same problem, the game CIv4 BtS ROMe 3.1 crushes when loading a saves bigger than 2,8 MB. With Win7 64bit and 4GB RAM the game takes only 1,7GB of space.

Please help me with this problem.

I am having this error in everygame I played after 100-200 turns. I can't load saves either after this error. What is the problem please help. I take this error without and with a new dawn modmod, so it isn'nt because of his modmod. I deleted and installed 2.90 3 times but nothing changed. I had'nt any error with 2.81 before.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.1.9.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 005437f7
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1055
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Zappara I would like to upload your mod to thepiratebay.org as the only version currently there is 2.62
Would this be alright with you?
P.S. I have also asked Afforess about uploading AND
Sure, upload it anywhere you like :)

Sure, upload it anywhere you like :)

Great thanks. Would you like anything included with it? I am already including installation instructions for XP and windows 7, and a link to your forum.

Hey,

Do you have any civics/buildings/wonders/whatever that increase move points on cart paths? Because I had not researched Monarchy in one of my game, and my Spearman was able to move out of the city to the next tile with cart path and have still a move left.

Hey,

Do you have any civics/buildings/wonders/whatever that increase move points on cart paths? Because I had not researched Monarchy in one of my game, and my Spearman was able to move out of the city to the next tile with cart path and have still a move left.
Does the Spearman have more then one movement point? Cart Paths seem to remove to movement cost for the tile.

Does the Spearman have more then one movement point? Cart Paths seem to remove to movement cost for the tile.

Let me adjust your question:
What would change the Spearman's 1 MP to 2MP because I have no promotions on that specific spearman at that point.

Great thanks. Would you like anything included with it? I am already including installation instructions for XP and windows 7, and a link to your forum.
I guess you could put the same text as I have in atomicgamer's site:
Spoiler :
Rise of Mankind mod enhances Civilization 4 to a whole new level. This completely free "Expansion pack" keeps the basic Beyond the Sword game mechanics but converts them to much more complex system which makes this modpack to feel like it's completely new game. The mod works best on English language setting. Germany, Spanish, French and Italian work as well but translations for those are incomplete.
If you want, you can include the features list too from the readme file (in Rise of Mankind -folder).

Top Bottom