Quick Questions and Answers

They added exploration and aesthetics in BNW as well as special wonders and great people faith purchases for almost every tree. Freedom autocracy and order are now ideologies, also piety used to boost culture but now does faith (prbly changed that in G&K can't remember)

The issue with gnk is that gnk cant let you choose both piety and rationalism for example like bnw does. You can either have one social policy from the medieval era sometimes and then miss out on the other social policy from the renaissance era later. Bnw doesn't do that because you can have both openers opened without having to cancel out the other one.

interesting

Religion seems a little complicated after my G&Ks switch. I have two cities that are Christian and one Muslim. Is there anything I need to do to avoid getting in big trouble re: religions? Before I try to dominate. I noticed I can switch a city's faith, but why? Am I better off with just one religion?

Just a quick answer as I am not trying to us Religion to win.

I think I understand faith, to the extent it works like culture.

A quick question about OCC.

What happens to wonders has been built in the enemy city if I capture -and destroy it, since keeping conquered city is not an option-? They are coming back to building list or gone forever?

Religion seems a little complicated after my G&Ks switch.

Are you switching to G&K from vanilla or from G&K to BNW? I am not sure the G&K version is still available, but Browd’s fantastic guide BNW is mostly applicable to G&K.

Is there anything I need to do to avoid getting in big trouble re: religions? I noticed I can switch a city's faith, but why? Am I better off with just one religion? Just a quick answer as I am not trying to us Religion to win.

The TLDR version is that one religion for your cities is important only if you found (because of Founder benefits). It costs a lot of faith to manage city religion if you don't found because you have to use inquisitors -- so almost never worth the bother. Faith buildings that you faith-purchase early are a very good investment, and will give you even more faith in the latter eras when you start faith purchasing GP.

I think I understand faith, to the extent it works like culture.

Well, I don't think I would make that comparison actually! It works more like gold than culture IMHO.

A quick question about OCC. What happens to wonders has been built in the enemy city if I capture -and destroy it, since keeping conquered city is not an option-? They are coming back to building list or gone forever?

OCC does not change that. They are gone forever (well, until the next game).

The G&K religion articles are still in the War Academy. BNW articles are prefixed with [BNW], and G&K with [G&K].

Do the players that compete for fast victories play on Deity? Should I feel good or bad for winning deity victories in 300+ turns?

You should feel good for winning a deity victory in 300+ turns. You should feel good for winning even because not everyone can win like that. You should consider yourself a successful achiever.

Should feel good about beating Deity in general. Your win speed will depend on a lot of things ranging from victory type to map type to starting dirt to what civilization you're playing.

Some people doing insane early rushes with the Huns may win by turn 115ish with Domination victories. Others fighting later may win 200-250 Domination victories. Others may win Science, Diplomacy, or Culture in the 250-350 range. It'll generally be faster on something like Pangaea/Continents compared to Archipelago as well.

You should feel good for winning a deity victory in 300+ turns. You should feel good for winning even because not everyone can win like that. You should consider yourself a successful achiever.

Should feel good about beating Deity in general. Your win speed will depend on a lot of things ranging from victory type to map type to starting dirt to what civilization you're playing.

Some people doing insane early rushes with the Huns may win by turn 115ish with Domination victories. Others fighting later may win 200-250 Domination victories. Others may win Science, Diplomacy, or Culture in the 250-350 range. It'll generally be faster on something like Pangaea/Continents compared to Archipelago as well.

That's really good to know, guys. :) Thank you. About the fast victories, I really struggle to do these :( maybe because I like going random civ and map... Don't know. But I'll keep trying.

I play Persia last 2-3 days, and I'm wondering about the proper tech order for a Domination victory when you play with XBs. These are my issues

1. I do Liberty, 3 cities, get 7 archers 1-2 immortals and get 1 capital. (Basically I get luxury techs, Philosophy, then into Construction as I wait for Representation. I push around t.77-80)
2. After the initial push, I go straight to Machinery and try to steal Theology/Education from other allies.
3. Most of the time, I notice my Universities come online about t. 120-30 or so. Then I go to Dynamite.
4. Around t. 175-180 I get Dynamite. Upgrade my cannons and then push.

However, by the time I get a couple cities, if I don't have a big tech lead over my opponent (or worse if he's ahead of me) we get to t.215 or so and my opponent (if he has been teching well) get bombers. Now my army of artilleries and cavalries and rifles dont do anything vs bombers, they just clean them up. If I sue for peace and wait for my own bombers/AA guns, that means around 20-30 turns of preperation. By the time I'm finally done with him the game will most likely get to late turns for a DomV.

So my question is, what is the proper order? I searched for it in forums and there's the thread below, but I'm still confused.

Spoiler :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=512748

1.Should I go Education-Machinery and hope to conq just 1 opponent with XBs (so that I can get a faster Dynamite/Bombers) and then go Dynamite?
2. Should I go Education-Scientific Theory and then Dynamite? My personal experience has led me to believe this leads to a push timing around earliest of t.200. I kind of feel this is late, however I'm not sure if I can get to Flight/Ballistics faster this way, if so I'll consider it.
3. Or is Philosophy-Machinery-Dynamite still better? I felt like this left me too much behind in tech (Although I was only 5 techs behind of Assyria, he got to flight before me so that wasnt good I guess)
4. Is there a better way to deal with GWBs regardsless of your tech order and AA guns, where the situation is your ground army is faring pretty well but your opponent has 6-12 GWBs?

Thanks for answers.

Angkor Wat reduces cultural and gold costs on "acquired" titles. Does that mean it only affects tiles that you buy? so is there no benefit, ie reduced costs, if they exist, on tiles from natural expansion of the city?

Thanks.

Tile purchasing with gold and cultural expansion requirements both get reduced by 25% when angkor wat is used.

Do all random maps place the player next to a great desert area? Is there anyway to turn it off?

Are you playing shuffle? This is not a rule for random maps, but related to civ's geography. Are you trying to play with a civ that has biased start?

Top Bottom