What are all the benefits of focusing on Tourism?

Athenaeum

Prince
Besides actually achieving a Tourism victory, and forcing other people to convert to your Ideology, what other benefits are there to having high Tourism?

Also who is your favorite Tourism civilization?

Having an early tourism per turn is very benefitial particularly if you have small one city challenge civilizations. The earlier you start out with tourism you will need other buildings that allow you to get great works that make tourism per turn. Wonders can give you great works slots because the great works need them. If you cant get a lot of wonders you can get a lot of towns which can allow space for more great works if your buildings get full of great works.

I don't think Reddishrescue understood the question, exactly. High influence over another civ affects trade route science yields, speed/effectiveness of spies, the number of turns a conquered city spends in resistance, and the amount of population lost upon city capture.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Tourism_(Civ5)

Avoiding happiness penalties from other people influencing you more than you influence them.

Spies operate at higher levels so a DiploV can be pursued a lot easier. There is one caveat to pursuing a CV and that the AI will most likely hate you for it, they might even DOW you to close trade routes and any open borders.

I don't think Reddishrescue understood the question, exactly. High influence over another civ affects trade route science yields, speed/effectiveness of spies, the number of turns a conquered city spends in resistance, and the amount of population lost upon city capture.

http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Tourism_(Civ5)

That's right, sorry I missed that. Tourism increases all these things depending on the influences. The better the influences, the better the increase of science trade route yield, the better the spies operate on the civilization that is being influenced and on conquest there's less resistance periods and population loss when the influence is more dominant.

Influence level also affects resistance time and population loss when capturing a city - if you take a city from a civ whom you are dominant over in tourism there will be NO turns of resistance and no population loss.

Top Bottom