France - City of Lights

Lekgolo

Chieftain
Hi fellow civilization fanatics allies! I am new to the website, but have been playing civ for a around a year or so. My best country has always been France, since I love expanding, but I always lack culture (the +2 per city supplements my culture). I recently got a Brave New World, but I do not understand France's new UA, City of Light, could you help me understand exactly what it does?:confused:

The themeing bonuses that THEY recieve (on top of the original themeing bonus you get from mix and matching certain great works that meet certain criteria that si defined by buildings with more than one slot) is only applied in the Capital.

So.. for example

Take the Lourve, you can get a Theme bonus of +4 to your culture and tourism if you get 2 different Paintings that are completely unique (different eras, different civilizations), and 2 different Artefacts that are also completely unique, you get a +4 themeing bonus. If you built the Lourve in Paris (or the capital), then you would get a themeing bonus of +8. But if you built it outside of your capital, say in Lyons, you would not get the themeing bonus of +8 and would only remain +4.. Adopting ALL policies in the Aestethics screen, would also grant you an additional 100% increase, meaning in Paris, you would get +16 (as well as the achievement that requires you to get this bonus), but would only get +8 in other cities.

Basically, what happens is the following. Any building that has 2 or more slots for Great Works has a theming bonus, such as two writings from the same era + same civ. This might give you 4 bonus culture and 4 bonus tourism. When you do this in Paris, however, you get 8 culture and 8 tourism. This applies only to Paris.

Theme bonus: when you match different art/music/writing pieces in a wonder/building to get a bonus.
E.g.: the museum has two slots for art, and if you put two random paintings in it, it wil yield +4 tourism/culture (+2 from every painting). Now when you match the requirements for the theme (for the museum that is to have two art from the same era and civ), you get an additional +2 tourism and culture.
That number is doubled when playing France, but only in museums in their capital. So their museums will yield +8 tourism when you matched the paintings correctly.

Thanks so much! I understand now! You guys are awesome! :)

Its a bit difficult to spot at first. Open your culture tad and fumble around with the two slot buildings. If they are unoccupied the 'result' slot will tell you what you need to do to get the theme.

Top Bottom